Reviews for 3695
Guest chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
Yup. I've also thought the same thing. All these fics with people trying to get revenge on Don by kidnapping him or something-er-other sometimes make me think that someone should just write a fic were the bad guys want it done quick, making it actually work. And there you go, you wrote one. I was very tempted to write one myself, just because sometimes it bugs me that the bad guys are so "evil villain" like.

I also agree with your assessment of death fics. I generally don't write them, but sometimes I just get this good idea and have to get it out. And it's usually when I'm listening to music that I get the idea.
PattyB chapter 19 . 9/5/2010
Don ran his hand through his hair then rubbed his mouth, trying to come up with the

right words . . . then decided a hasty exit would be his best strategy for the moment.

Maybe go get Charlie to run interference for him?
PattyB chapter 18 . 9/5/2010
I suppose by now your Dad has had the surgery. Dare I hope it too was benign? If not,

I'll say a prayer for him and for your strength.

Excellent story. This scene is played out for so many people and I'm very glad Don

wanted his Robin with him. I see her as a very steadfast, no nonsense woman and she'd

have been there for Don if the diagnosis had gone the other way.
PattyB chapter 17 . 9/5/2010
Of all things for Don to say, "Hey there". Love it, simply love it. It sounds so

much like Don. He had a sweet and quirky side to him too.
PattyB chapter 16 . 9/5/2010
I don't really understand this one. Had Edgerton shot the sniper and he'd fallen

on Don or was he still very much alive and endangering Don? If he were alive, I don't

see how he'd allow Don to move enough to tap his earpiece . . .
PattyB chapter 15 . 9/5/2010
Curiosity "almost" Killed the Cat. Great little story and I particularly liked the

reason you gave for Charlie climbing on the bookcase in the first place he was entranced

by the fractal patterns being emitted by his mother's crystal statue.

That's our Charlie, always wanting to learn more, exploring interesting things.
PattyB chapter 14 . 9/5/2010
Oh how I miss our weekly visits with Larry. This sweet reminder of his gentle manner

simply made my day.

Betcha it did for Megan too.
PattyB chapter 13 . 9/4/2010
Great idea, having Megan ambushed by McGowan. He was a slime in the show and he's

a slime here. He's so obviously out to get Don it hurts. It's a personal thing and

not something his job requires.
PattyB chapter 12 . 9/3/2010
Sounds just like Megan.

Reluctantly I have to wonder about Don too. It's possible one day he really may go

too far, but then again I find comfort in something Alan told Don in the episode he was

worrying about how far he'd gone for Megan eventually his heart would stop him in time

before he went off the deep end.
PattyB chapter 11 . 9/3/2010
Why is it I have such a vivid picture of the very uncomfortable but luscious suit and

tied Cooper . . . umm, yummy.

We really, really should have seen more of him in the show. Not only did I like the

character, I loved the guy who played the role. Saw Max Martini in a tux a couple of

times in The Unit and each time I actually drooled.
PattyB chapter 10 . 9/3/2010
Ooh, good one, although as usual I'd like to know more.

You're just full of excellent story ideas, girl. This one would make a great multi-chaptered tale.
PattyB chapter 9 . 9/3/2010
Just wondering, is this the drabble that eventually prompted your In a Mirror, Darkly?

I just hate the thought of Don simply disappearing, never knowing. Tragic for all concerned.
PattyB chapter 8 . 9/3/2010
Yup, a missed opportunity like this would have been the final nail in Don's baseball career.

I'm so glad he made the decision he did because we got to enjoy all these years of his being

an FBI agent. Small events do a career make.
PattyB chapter 7 . 9/3/2010
Funny and possible.

Loved your use of the word 'parroted'. "Be prepared for the unexpected", Don parroted

back Billy's favorite line.

While teaching Don, I'll bet Coop told him that no less than a million times.
PattyB chapter 6 . 9/2/2010
Cute as a bug and it effectively tells the whole story.

Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed knowing Don's feelings immediately prior to the attack . .