Reviews for Dreams, Bets and Bread! Rewriting
Soulfire72 chapter 15 . 3/25/2013
Weird epilogue, makes sense if you wanted to hear all that, but since I don't care about the tamer human pairings, and I hate Kazu and Kenta, it didn't really do much for me. I would suggest just removing the epilogue completely; the last chapter would have made a more satisfying ending.
As for the digimon enemy - it really depends on what type you want. Big? Small? Rookie? Mega? Goals? It all depends on these things. If I don't know them, I can't give a good suggestion.
Soulfire72 chapter 14 . 3/25/2013
Well, that was nice, I suppose. I actually enjoyed this chapter quite a lot.
Soulfire72 chapter 13 . 3/25/2013
"She's not superficial"? A weird statement given the context of this discussion, AKA Renamon being with Impmon for no good reason. Though I'm glad he came around in the end.
Soulfire72 chapter 12 . 3/25/2013
I don't think that apology in the note was necessary; I don't even care about ImpRena, or any of the human pairings anyway.
And I just had to facepalm at the Emperor's New Groove copy. I loved that movie, but you can't just copy scenes almost word for word.
Soulfire72 chapter 11 . 3/25/2013
Even though I liked Bambi, that was 'too' accurate.
And you were right before... probably should have stuck with Japanese, if you insist on using -chan. Stick with either English or Japanese, mixing them up just makes it confusing.
And... am I reading this right? She never showed affection for Impmon? THEN WHY IS SHE WITH HIM?
Soulfire72 chapter 10 . 3/25/2013
(sigh) Why isn't Renamon questioning being with Impmon in the first place? It's quite a glaring question for me...
Soulfire72 chapter 9 . 3/25/2013
I DO NOT HAVE ANGER ISSUES! Lol - classic hypocritical humour there. Though Rika was pretty mellow by the end of Tamers.
I kind of thought someone would have noticed Guilmon being taller and more mature before chapter 9... anyway, nice read.
Soulfire72 chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
I can't actually picture Guilmon being extremely fat, especially given how much he normally eats with Takato... and he seems to get enough exercise on his own. Though this only further plays on shallow elements to a relationship, being overweight is still a serious problem.
Soulfire72 chapter 7 . 3/25/2013
Renamon only improved a little by being in/out of OOC, basically. "I have Impmon, I don't need him." I reckon Rika should've asked why she has Impmon and made her stutter even more - unless the actually has a GOOD reason for dating him, which you haven't told us readers yet.
Soulfire72 chapter 6 . 3/25/2013
I would have liked the RenaGuil scene more if it wasn't under false pretenses from both sides. Neither of them really wanted to do it, Guilmon was just told 'how' to do it, and Renamon is just using him to spend more time with Impmon. At least, right now...
Soulfire72 chapter 5 . 3/25/2013
Where did all those random male digimon come from? Aren't they in the real world? If they were, wouldn't they be alerted via bio-emerging alerts and all that? Or is that just the weird South Park moment, and you don't really care?
I have a feeling I'm only going to get more and more annoyed at the ImpRena moments. Renamon just seems so OOC. Though she's also acting OOC towards Guilmon, but that's kinda why I'm even reading this...
Also, I haven't mentioned it before, but the punctuation, spelling and grammar could use polishing, but it's not so bad as to be glaringly obvious.
Soulfire72 chapter 4 . 3/25/2013
Wait - THAT's the reason Renamon dated him? Because he's a 'bad boy'? That can't be right... that's so shallow. And ugh... Guilmon should be smarter than what he is, I think - enough to know that pretending to be something you're not is bad.
I guess my impressions of Renamon were that she wouldn't date ANYONE because she thinks digimon aren't divided into genders. I don't know if she changed her mind, but whatever.
Soulfire72 chapter 3 . 3/25/2013
OK, for the last 2 chapters Renamon's been a bit OOC; I still have no idea why she would date Impmon in the first place, and in chapter 2 the scene doesn't seem so different from a friendship scene, if you had taken out the anniversary part it would have been. So, my point is, I can't see a reason for Renamon and Impmon to be together in a way that's significant to the plot other than to create some conflict and friction. Renamon also seemed a bit light-hearted and laid back in this chapter, which is also kinda OOC.
Soulfire72 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I was initially repulsed by this due to the fact that you mentioned Renamon and Impmon together, but Impmon was characterised pretty well, though I still don't really understand how they got 'together' in the first place, I hope you elaborate on that, and I sure hope Impmon continues to be written well. I like RenaGuil and and ImpRena makes absolutely no sense to me but Impmon was still one of my favourite characters from tamers.
Still, the 'Theater' transitions and Guilmon's inner voice didn't make much sense, since I don't remember an inner voice ever being present in the anime.
Bolo42 chapter 11 . 3/20/2013
Such a nice, silly and cute story!