Reviews for Old Tales of the Shire: Wife of the Thain
Larner chapter 111 . 3/14/2010
And now I've reviewed this one, too. Am hoping to see what this becomes once you come back to it.
Larner chapter 110 . 3/14/2010
Been a while since I reviewed. So, one Drowner has Sight, eh? Now-what will she do with the information she's received?
Larner chapter 109 . 1/13/2009
So this was the plan for involving the drowners, was it? To get rid of Nencarion?

No, let him best her!

And I'll have to try that dessert.
Larner chapter 108 . 1/13/2009
Another ticked off on the list! Relax and have a cuppa!
Larner chapter 107 . 1/13/2009
Aha! You've been watching too much HP! Heh!

Yeah-in this case get rid of him!
Larner chapter 106 . 1/13/2009
Not quite the innocent child he thought her, then?
Larner chapter 105 . 1/13/2009
You know, there is a heck of a lot of blood being shed in this tale, in case you hadn't noticed. Enough to keep several swan princes floating for years! Heh!

And the quote on a contrite heart-originally Smith "borrowed" that from the Bible-it's there in the Psalms.
Larner chapter 104 . 1/13/2009
Another rather nasty sort, then? And with black blood-not a good sign, usually, there in Middle Earth.
Larner chapter 103 . 1/13/2009
I remember reading of such creatures in HP, where they are part of the studies offered by Lupin, along with grindylows and hinkypunks.

So, that is what he is. I've not studied British ghost stories for some time, I fear, and had forgotten his kind.
Larner chapter 102 . 1/13/2009
I do think I agree with your observations here. And she did marry a madman, after all. What can one expect?
Larner chapter 101 . 1/13/2009
And she continues with her tasks, as her beloved sees to his.

And I love that part of T. Poor Smeagol-the Ring stole so much from him.
Larner chapter 100 . 1/13/2009
Sorry about what I said earlier-had lost track of the names. So, it is the would-be bride who has the three golden locks? And she will use it at the proper time to call him to her?

Well and good, then.
Larner chapter 99 . 1/13/2009
Indeed, plots within plots-I find it growing difficult to follow them myself!
Larner chapter 98 . 1/13/2009
So much for hunting the black hind, who appears to have some hunting to do on its own part! Heh!
Larner chapter 97 . 1/13/2009
Hmm. A child? Really?

But he nests with her and warms her. Good.