Reviews for Ants
SophieNewman chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Lovely! I know this isn't much of a review, just the typical, "I like it," but then I really do love it. This made me laugh pretty good. :)
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
This is too perfect for words.
hpfanatic77 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
:D cute.
writergal24 chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
I knew it! Aww that was so cute!

~writergal24
Griffinesque chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
So funny! I love it!
Gii3 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
that was so freankingly amaziiing! James is just beautiful! 3333 that was great *thumbs up*
Lala chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Aw , the ending was priceless 3
asthesunshines chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
lma0 cute :D
Skandar-Loves-Redvines chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Hurrah for ants! This story was really good, and you did a great job writing about James' hatred of ants. I loved the bit at the end, where Lily's tells James she's pregnant. Great job! :)
Laughing Dragoness chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I love it! So cute! Besides that, you have a very clear writing style, and you obviously edit before you submit (so rare on the site these days). Great job.
Megsy42 chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
LOL, I loved this! You have the characterisations spot on. Great job! D
Zoraida16 chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I loved this! So funny! James' war against ants!
deactivated00001 chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
That was lovely. Really cute and funny oneshot. I love the last line. lol.

I for one, hate ants with a burning passion. In fact, I have them in my house at this very moment. I don't really feel that lucky at the moment... lol.

-awakenmysoul-

:D
hondagirl chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I loved this. I don't remember laughing so hard at a fanfic before. Poor James and those dreadful ants! LOL

Thanks for making me laugh!

-honda
japanese-jew chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
This is mostly pretty good, but you tag your dialogue too frequently. It's a problem I, and many other authors have too, but given the nature of dialogue, you really don't need to say "raged" or "informed" or "chuckled" at every piece of it. The words that your characters use will probably express how you want them to be saying it, even without you telling us that James "insisted". Because we already know what's going on, the tags become redundant, and you could just as easily, and better, really, because it's less obtrusive, just use said in many cases.

Other than that, you have very good formatting in terms of punctuation, which isn't something you see every day on FFN, and the only part that really bothered me was this line.

"I glowered. “They’re evil. Evil. I caught them swarming over my broomstick the other day! What on earth could ants want with a broomstick?”"

He seems to be acting more like a prepubescent girl than a twenty-year old. Here, let me show you.

"I glowered. "They're evil. Evil. They budged in front of me in line at the cafeteria! The mystery meat was gone! What on Earth would make anyone want mystery meat?""

Eh, who knows. Largely very good, although I would probably say something about elephant sticks.