Reviews for The Gauntlet of the Magi
Digitize27 chapter 23 . 9/7/2014
Yeaaaah... nope; just gonna ignore that last paragraph and pretend those two guys in hoods never existed.
Good story! Nice ending _ I hope Harry gets a cool prosthethic but I guess I'll never know because THAT was the end of the story.
Digitize27 chapter 18 . 9/7/2014
Damn, why is it always Fred and George?
At last they went out together; I always thought it was tragic only on died in the books; that must have been seriously rough on George.
Digitize27 chapter 17 . 9/7/2014
Huh? So this isn't the last book?
Digitize27 chapter 15 . 9/7/2014
Sooo... Voldemort has become Orochimaru?
Digitize27 chapter 14 . 9/6/2014
Wow... totally did NOT see that coming... wow.
Digitize27 chapter 12 . 9/6/2014
Dumbledore: "How dare you even say her name"
Harry didn't say her name; he only called her "your sister"
Digitize27 chapter 11 . 9/6/2014
How would a magic-nullifying field that allows the undead through work? Surely they're only held together by magic?
Digitize27 chapter 10 . 9/6/2014
You know... why are they using such a taxing form of travel and not just, I don't know, taking a plane? It's not like Harry, or Hermione, as Muggle-raised, wouldn't know about them and it's not like they couldn't magic up some passports for everybody, or just impirius their way through (Is Canon Harry can do it then THIS Harry certainly can)
I get why they aren't apparating ('cause Ginny is underage and likely can't apparate), but muggle transportation would be less conspicuous than the massive discharges of power it takes Harry to shift large distances. It's not as though shifting is stopping them being tracked either considering they've now been found (which I've just realised, is likely because the trace is still active on Ginny)
It would be less stressful on Harry and a hell of a lot quicker; just seems unnecessary.

Or they could even be using Brooms, at least once they were on the continent; but that would be a little more conspicuous. I just don't get why, just because Harry has this gimmicky new power, all other more viable options have to be disregarded.
Digitize27 chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
Um... Harry just comes off as an idiot here. Why is he so intent on using a spell that would usurely kill him just to give him the chance to send Voldemort away somewhere he could potentially find a way out of instead of ust killing him. Hell, the two have never even fought; whose to say Harry couldn't just beat the guy in a straight up duel (very likely considering the ease he can take people out, threaten Dumbledore and generally mess shit up by shifting)
Why is he being so self-destructing? Why won't he just kill voldemort; in this the guy doesn't even have Horcruxes so he's just human.
Digitize27 chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
I'm severely incredulous as to how they overcame the Fidelus (which is literally the one thing they'd have to get past to get to number 12) which means I can already predict it's Snape who betrayed them.
Digitize27 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
I think you've let the balance go off-kilter these last few chapters. More and more Harry just seems to act like a dick and it doesn't matter that he's in-part justified, which he is, but what you've failed to do is humanize him. The more he forgoes Wizarding-Britain as a whole, the more we should see him spend time with his friends, or more importantly Tonks. Harry becoming darker needs to be offset by Tonks keeping him grounded, otherwise he just comes off as an asshole.
Right idea, wrong attitude is how I'd sum him up.
Also, you hinted at it a few books back but it's only been here or there; where's Tonks' adorable clumsiness?
Digitize27 chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Oh... and who is Quesland?
I've watched Torchwood and the name doesn't ring a single bell, it doesn't even turn up in a google search.
Did you spell it wrong or something?
Digitize27 chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Huh, before this I hadn't exactly given much thought to what the gauntlet actually looked at (although considering you described it as being made of stone, I had imagined Hellboy's right arm, seems I was at least partly correct, in at least it's bulkiness... that's gonna be a bitch to deal with once Voldemort's gone.) I hope he finds some way of shrinking the thing because otherwise he's stuck with what amounts to a large golden brick on his arm the rest of his life.
Something more akin to Suzumebachi's Shikai would seem more appropriate as the gauntlet is supposed to simply direct Harry's power right? A big, unwieldy thing implies that it's an artifact of power, not control. and that just seems... inappropriate.
In any case, he isn't really thinking long term with this decision is he...
Anyway what happened to his other side's boasts that they wouldn't need the gauntlet once they'd fused?
leo chapter 23 . 7/20/2014
I have read this series a few times now and love it.

I do have one major hate though. Your Tonks. She is weak and miserable and nothing like the awesome auror and valued order member we love. You made Pansy and Ginny stronger than her! I just don't get that. It seems like she is only there to be the women. You could have used anyone but instead ruined one of my favorite characters which makes me sad. I refuse to see your Tonks as being anywhere near the Tonks from the books. They aren't the same character and I can't see her even being based on her.
bookwormtx chapter 23 . 3/8/2014
Sorry I disagree all storys should have happy endings or they are not done right I like happy endings so let me add this to the end and they lived happily ever after. Lol