Reviews for The Gauntlet of the Magi
Jimbocous chapter 23 . 8/11
Thanks for a great (re)read! Very compelling universe you've created here ...
I finally did it! It took skipping every second or third chapter, but i finally got through your convoluted mess of a storry. Ever hear of the acronym KISS? ...OCD sucks.
why chapter 9 . 7/22
Lucidus Susceptor ...? Why does there always have to be a convoluted plot? Why cant he just take his newly aquired uber powers and frag voldy? Hell, why cand he just fucking pick up a fucking cricket bat and fucking beat him to fucking death with it!? ANYTHING would be better than an over dramatic, over produced, over thought plan. Why did you have to make him such a QUEEN?
HercSeason4Ep5 chapter 3 . 7/22
You'r protagonist is a fucking CHILD... He FINALLY aquires a modicum of power and what does he do? He bandies about petty insults like an insolen brat! "Bawww, I'm Snape. I'm useless unless I'm a murdering spy! Bawww, I can't enjoy my job at Hogwarts because I'm bitter and can't let go of the past! Bawwww, why does Harry get a pass for killing? That's MY job!" Harry mocked." What the hell is wrong with you? That THIS is how you decide to develop your main character says much about your own state of mind.
Twi'lek Cutie chapter 23 . 6/19
There certainly were a lot of plot twists throughout this story, it kept it interesting to say the least. Thank you for this lovely read.
Mr A. Nonymous chapter 2 . 4/10
You are an amazing Author and you should get an award. I think I left a Reveiw on Ootp:R but not to sure.

I'm also not sure if you have read the Skulduggery Pleasant series but if you have you're the first Harry Potter Fanfic Author to use Serpine as a reference.

Btw if you have a detective in an exquisite suit with a trench coat, a pair of sunglasses and a wig with wild hair in this story I will die quite literally.

You should keep writing as you are the only one to keep my sanity in tact.
What chapter 20 . 3/12
I doubt you are even on the site anymore, but what happened to the grand beholder scroll? Harry made a promise, bro
Temporal Knight chapter 23 . 9/19/2015
Well this has been a hell of a ride that for sure! It's been fun. A lot darker than I had imagined it getting for something that started somewhat sorta closeish to canon but very good overall.

One thing that I realized a little while ago was that the Beholder contract was just sorta dropped and never brought up. I know Harry was losing it at the end but having a ton of Beholders who freely asked to help fight the final battle would've been that massive boon to their side and I can't imagine everyone forgot about that detail. If you ever do a rewrite that is really the only MAJOR plot hole that I think needs to be addressed. There are a few other minor things here and there but for the most part nothing else stands out enough off the top of my head.

I very much enjoyed this last chapter. It really brought everything back around full circle and it ends basically where it began all those years ago for the two. It poetic and sweet and it's nice to see that his sanity seems to be better than it has been in years. I question why he called Dumbledore first rather than say Lupin or Andromeda or Draco or...hell anyone else. Even sane Harry was mightly pissed at the man and it just seems like a choice from out of the blue.

This has been a good read for the majority of the series and it was an interesting, unique take in my view. I enjoyed it and am glad it had a happy if somewhat bittersweet end.
Temporal Knight chapter 22 . 9/19/2015
I know I've said it before but I'm going to say it again. I simply cannot believe that I genuinely LIKE Draco Malfoy. How the freaking hell did that happen?!

The funeral goings ons do lend great credence to my "Harry is perfectly alive" belief. By this point though he's a bit of dick though if he isn't in some sort of coma.

I'm rather incredibly surprised that everyone ended up going back to school for the rest of the term. Well besides Draco and Pansy but the point still stands.

Seeing as how the F Series appears to be stillborn I'm going to politely ignore the last section with the observers.
Temporal Knight chapter 21 . 9/17/2015
On the one hand I am extremely satisfied with the way that played out as well as Voldemort's final fate. On the other hand I feel a little cheated missing out on the rest of the battle there. Wager was shown to be super badass and he took down a dragon at a fraction of his strength yet we don't see anything. I'm just a bit sad on that front.

I can't say I'm fully surprised about Harry disappearing. I don't believe he's dead but I don't trust his tag-along at all so I kinda guessed something like this would happen. There are so few chapters left here that I find it hard to see how we are going to get that resolved without it being offscreen which would kinda suck but I suppose I can see that since there is supposed to be a second sorta ending flashback book thing. Either way, I do like Draco's blow-up. At least someone told off Dumbledore. He REALLY deserves it here.
Temporal Knight chapter 20 . 9/17/2015
Bastard. Both the manipulative, crazy ghost and Voldemort. I suppose out of the remaining options to die in this fight that was one of the ones I sorta expected and honestly it's a hell of a lot easier to swallow than losing Tonks. RIP girl, you will be missed as much as the twins. Tis high praise indeed.

And Harry seemed rather incredibly more composed and sane throughout that section of the fighting to be honest. I feel like Felix was doing a hell of a lot more to help than anyone expected.
Temporal Knight chapter 19 . 9/17/2015
Hah! I freaking knew it! Never trusted that damn ghost one bit. Everything was far too convenient and then the shackles were far too arbitrary considering what was supposed to happen. At least everyone else realized before the end about him getting played like a fiddle. Bastard ghost needs to be sent to the afterlife pronto. He's basically manipulated events so that more and more of Harry's friends either die or desert him. Asshole.

Funnily enough, this was more of what I had been expected from Harry power level wise for a while. It's what he keeps getting billed at yet never shown as. Which was really my main reason for distrusting the ghost and the Gauntlet itself. For something that was supposed to amplify things all it was doing was holding them back.
Temporal Knight chapter 16 . 9/17/2015
Well...um I'm happy that I was right in saying that Harry is a hell of a lot further gone than has been admitted prior but...this does not bode well.
Temporal Knight chapter 15 . 9/16/2015
See it's chapters like these that I've been talking about! The ones that show our heroes are still human and can still find a bit of light in the darkness. Very happy for this chapter!

Though on the flip side...it is rather incredibly depressing that there would've likely been far fewer eventual deaths had they attacked immediately. It seems the rather massive window to take him out without too much fuss has just been lost...dammit Dumbledore. Dammit notquitepowermadenough!Harry.
Temporal Knight chapter 14 . 9/16/2015
Yeah I really should've expected that when Voldemort playing with the dead/undead was such a large part of the setup...