Reviews for The Gauntlet of the Magi
Digitize27 chapter 11 . 9/6/2014
How would a magic-nullifying field that allows the undead through work? Surely they're only held together by magic?
Digitize27 chapter 10 . 9/6/2014
You know... why are they using such a taxing form of travel and not just, I don't know, taking a plane? It's not like Harry, or Hermione, as Muggle-raised, wouldn't know about them and it's not like they couldn't magic up some passports for everybody, or just impirius their way through (Is Canon Harry can do it then THIS Harry certainly can)
I get why they aren't apparating ('cause Ginny is underage and likely can't apparate), but muggle transportation would be less conspicuous than the massive discharges of power it takes Harry to shift large distances. It's not as though shifting is stopping them being tracked either considering they've now been found (which I've just realised, is likely because the trace is still active on Ginny)
It would be less stressful on Harry and a hell of a lot quicker; just seems unnecessary.

Or they could even be using Brooms, at least once they were on the continent; but that would be a little more conspicuous. I just don't get why, just because Harry has this gimmicky new power, all other more viable options have to be disregarded.
Digitize27 chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
Um... Harry just comes off as an idiot here. Why is he so intent on using a spell that would usurely kill him just to give him the chance to send Voldemort away somewhere he could potentially find a way out of instead of ust killing him. Hell, the two have never even fought; whose to say Harry couldn't just beat the guy in a straight up duel (very likely considering the ease he can take people out, threaten Dumbledore and generally mess shit up by shifting)
Why is he being so self-destructing? Why won't he just kill voldemort; in this the guy doesn't even have Horcruxes so he's just human.
Digitize27 chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
I'm severely incredulous as to how they overcame the Fidelus (which is literally the one thing they'd have to get past to get to number 12) which means I can already predict it's Snape who betrayed them.
Digitize27 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
I think you've let the balance go off-kilter these last few chapters. More and more Harry just seems to act like a dick and it doesn't matter that he's in-part justified, which he is, but what you've failed to do is humanize him. The more he forgoes Wizarding-Britain as a whole, the more we should see him spend time with his friends, or more importantly Tonks. Harry becoming darker needs to be offset by Tonks keeping him grounded, otherwise he just comes off as an asshole.
Right idea, wrong attitude is how I'd sum him up.
Also, you hinted at it a few books back but it's only been here or there; where's Tonks' adorable clumsiness?
Digitize27 chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Oh... and who is Quesland?
I've watched Torchwood and the name doesn't ring a single bell, it doesn't even turn up in a google search.
Did you spell it wrong or something?
Digitize27 chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Huh, before this I hadn't exactly given much thought to what the gauntlet actually looked at (although considering you described it as being made of stone, I had imagined Hellboy's right arm, seems I was at least partly correct, in at least it's bulkiness... that's gonna be a bitch to deal with once Voldemort's gone.) I hope he finds some way of shrinking the thing because otherwise he's stuck with what amounts to a large golden brick on his arm the rest of his life.
Something more akin to Suzumebachi's Shikai would seem more appropriate as the gauntlet is supposed to simply direct Harry's power right? A big, unwieldy thing implies that it's an artifact of power, not control. and that just seems... inappropriate.
In any case, he isn't really thinking long term with this decision is he...
Anyway what happened to his other side's boasts that they wouldn't need the gauntlet once they'd fused?
leo chapter 23 . 7/20/2014
I have read this series a few times now and love it.

I do have one major hate though. Your Tonks. She is weak and miserable and nothing like the awesome auror and valued order member we love. You made Pansy and Ginny stronger than her! I just don't get that. It seems like she is only there to be the women. You could have used anyone but instead ruined one of my favorite characters which makes me sad. I refuse to see your Tonks as being anywhere near the Tonks from the books. They aren't the same character and I can't see her even being based on her.
bookwormtx chapter 23 . 3/8/2014
Sorry I disagree all storys should have happy endings or they are not done right I like happy endings so let me add this to the end and they lived happily ever after. Lol
mamabear7537 chapter 13 . 8/16/2013
I tried. I really did. But I just cant finish the series. Its become boring and somewhat repetitive. Maybe in a bit I will go back and finish it, but right now im ready to read something a little less depressing. That and I really dont like Tonks anymore. Not since tge 5th book you wrote.
mamabear7537 chapter 10 . 8/14/2013
I dont like Tonks at all. Shes a selfish little bint. She fights with Harry and kicks him out of the befroom even though she knows shes the only one who keeps nightmares away. And she only letd him back when he starts getting really bad. Shes stupid!
Artemis233 chapter 23 . 6/4/2013
I've read all the books in the series apart from the last several time and they are a very enjoyable read. I'm a fan of honks so i was good to see a story with the pairing with out pumping it full of smut
psychicshipping chapter 6 . 5/24/2013
If I wanted camping, I'd go freeze my butt off with my Boy Scout Troop. CURSE YE ROWLING!
psychicshipping chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
But Ol' Captain 'The Face of Boe' Jack is always worth the trip over to Torchwood. Even if it is only every so often.
Marlyie chapter 23 . 4/21/2013
You sir have made a most memorable series and am glad to say it was probably the first taste of harry potter I've had on this site like many gamers I've essentially been off the grid just to read this magnificent series and while yes it has been 3 years I do keep up hope that you will become my most love fic-writer ever.
Thank you sir for a memorable adventure.
315 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »