Reviews for Only a Shadow
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
... I knew that was coming. Poor Sephiroth - and poor Cloud. Now he knows that the man he admired is still in there, but practically asked him to beat him.
lonelyassassin chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
You just *sob* had to *sob* bring up Zack. *Cries for a couple minutes*

Very good. Definately got the eerie down. Poor Sephiroth.
persephonevii chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
I suspected it might of been Sephiroth, but not the Sephiroth I was expecting. Something is wrong, he seems his old, sane self, as if a part of his soul hasn't entirely gone to hell. And when he says 'when I'm aware of myself', sounds like he's just another puppet not someone in control as everyone believes. It's funny to imagine him when he was sane doing that sort of stuff, it seemed so completely out of character for such a man and yet perhaps that's why he finds himself racing there now... because it is so OOC and perhaps Jenova wasn't expecting that aspect of his personality exist, let alone arise and actually start doing things. Fantastic writing here, if this what you've have written out to convey. Very original.
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Oh dear, poor Seph had something 'frivolous' that he enjoyed, and is longing for in some way even if he won't admit it.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Ooh, this is very strange and eerie and creepy, somehow made even more so by the mention of Zack.

...I have to confess all the bits with Cloud and his chocobo were so cute. GAWD. He's so adorkable sometimes. X3
Kazaam chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Oh, this came out so well!

I really liked the conversation between Seph and Cloud, and Seph's ponderings. And it sounds so much like this scene could really fit perfectly in the game! **can even imagine it with the polygon characters. XD** This should have totally been a bonus cutscene for when you defeat Teoh!

Oh, and that sentence of him being the Seph that Cloud had once believed in, but no longer, was really heart-wrenching! It's so awful for both Seph and Cloud.
1wngdngl chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I never really bothered with the racing past the Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free stage, which probably explains why I had such a hard time in the Crater...XD I still find it amazing that Cloud could appearently raise several generations of Chocobos in a few months - they've got to be the fastest growing animals ever!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I remember your mention of the rider! So it was Seph, after all! And, oh, the angst! "Prisoner of my memories..."

And, oh, poor Zack & Aerith!

And Cloud interacting with the chocobos was adorable! LOL about the hair!

Great work!
cloudstrifejen chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
*gasp!* Se-Se-Sephiroth? *dies from heart attack!* Cloud: ...Phoenix Down... Me: Oh! Thank u! That was... quite a shock! O.o; The Black Shadow was actually Sephiroth himself... Huh? Who would have thought that... Now, I wonder why Cloud is so special from normal human beings...?
Artic Virus chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Hmm, I like this. :3 I like this a lot.

Seph knowing that he is insane yet a part of him wandering about is very...intresting.

I also liked how he pondered his ability to exist. It kinda proved that he wasn't some fake that was intentionally produced by insane!Seph to confuse Cloud...or then again, maybe insane!Seph really is that sly and made a very realistic fake of his former self.

Bah! I don't know!

You certainly got the whole eerie, mysterious feel down right. _
PadfootRawr chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I loved this!

It's brilliant how you use riddles, in conversation and yet the answers are clearly in front of the audience's eyes. Yet they don't realise until you'l written them out, and they can piece everything together.

Unless that's just me /

I think i may just not be bright haha

But i'm bright enough to know your stories are simply brilliant, and i love your universes that your write about, where Sephiroth is no longer his Jenova-corrupted self.

Keep up your brilliant writing

And also congratulations on finishing 'Good Luck and Goodbye'

I admire how you can put the characters in so many situations yet you still manage to keep them in character!

It's amazing!

Can't wait to read some more )

~Padfoot