Reviews for Friends
Ai Tennshi chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Aw...that was beautiful. I just finished reading the manga (up to chapter 55) so I can't say I'm an expert on it or anything, but this felt very in character. Which is amazing, because Thorfinn's the kind of character that it's really difficult to pin down because he's far too complicated. (Or far too simplistic—not that it makes much of a difference. XP)

The part of the story that you recreated was heartbreaking as it was, but we never got to see how Thorfinn felt about the whole affair (just a shocked expression, then a sad one), and I liked this one.

My two favorite lines were these: "It was then I realized I killed her." and "Afterwards, I didn't talk for days." The whole thing was very powerful, but these two lines were the ones that really took the cake. ;)
BlackFeatherz29 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I'm willing to bet that not many people are aware of Vinland Saga's awesomeness. That's why they didn't review the awesomeness that is your fic.

I haven't gone back and reread Vinland Saga for a long time. It's really a unique work. So brutal, but so sad. I remember this part in the manga. I'm always so sentimental when it comes to innocent women and children... this made me pretty depressed. I can't really go back and say, 'poor Thorfinn' because he's not that kind of guy, but... poor Thorfinn.