Reviews for Life of a Healer
Unesheet chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I loved your story! It was so fantastic, I really liked seeing Ratchet in a different light. It seems like every other story has him being so grumpy, but they never seem to explain why, other than he's the butt of the twins's pranks :)
chaitea16 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Damn it, now I have to go read Fragments cause of this characterization of Ratchet was shiny. So much for getting my work done :p
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I liked this, you have made Ratchet very interesting! Fave lines:

- More often than not, however, he would blame himself. Feeling like there was possibly more he could do, even if he had done everything possible. His disturbances went on in silence, and it was another reason why he preferred to be alone, rather than being outgoing like some others. (Autobot Angst!)

- Having the medical abilities to back him up, others knew better than to go against him, and he was often not in battle, favoring to help rather than to charge like his comrades, so he wasn’t seen a lot. (Imagine a warrior doctor on the battlefield!)

- Even Megatron admired Ratchet for his aptitude and it never ceased to amaze him that no matter how many times his troops sent Optimus’ own troops to the medical bay, they would be healed, as good as new. (Even his enemies respect him!)

- Then again, Megatron had Soundwave, who was a competent healer and Communications Officer. Ratchet knew that Soundwave had special abilities like himself, and knew what they were. Even he, himself would avoid Soundwave like a plague, not wanting to know the full horror that mech could do unto someone else. (Soundwave scares the hell out of me with this description!)

- He could never be evil or malicious. He could be sadistic, but that was all in good humor. When he decided to join the Autobots in the first place, he knew where he belonged and where he would stay, and proclaimed that he would die before becoming a Decepticon or kill for joy. (Noble knight! I like this line!)

Wonderful story, a wonderful oneshot! *adds to faves*
Elita One chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I love Ratch

he is a grouchy glitch but can be as gentle as a lamb if he wants to be
Red Tale chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Hi,

Very interesting story. I added it to the Origins of Transformers Archive. I'm always intrigued by Ratchet's character. There were parts of this that I really liked, some descriptions were very poetic although it didn't seem to quite work all together...it sort of read like a high-school essay that still needs editing...that's not a flame, it's just that it might be a piece that you want to return to later in life and redo, or incorporate into another story (your notes said it was intended to be part of a story originally). I do that all the time with my own work. Anyway, nice.