Reviews for I Smiled
bjq chapter 1 . 1/22
trout1986 chapter 1 . 1/16
Nicely done
lmill123 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Abby, Ducky and Gibbs really didn't get it as to why Tony was so upset. Tony hid his smarts because he really likes people and he wanted people to accept him for himself and not because of how smart he was. Abby, Ducky and Gibbs figured it out on their own and accepted Tony as he was brains and clown masks and all. Tim and Kate were always looking down on Tony, never once believed he solved any cases because he was good at what he did they would always say it was just dumb luck, Even when he did the same thing week after week. What did they say? If I had known, what? they would have treated him differently, they would have respect him? Or they would have said, if it was me I wouldn't have kept it a secret, I would have told everyone. Unlike them Tony was not a braggart. Just like he never brought up the fact he played varsity football and Baskeball. It was always a I played a little, like they were just friendly games. Neither one even thought about the fact that in order to have a sports scholarship you had to play sports and not just have friendly games with your frat brothers. Yes, Tony snooped, but hey, a lot of times it was Kate's own fault. She is the one to always leave her purse open on top of her desk. But Tony never went digging through her purse as she and Tim went digging through Tony's desk. Tony went through things on top of their desks, things in plain sight, there is a big difference. The only time you saw Tony open their desk drawers was at Christmas and that was to see if they had a present hidden there for him, but even then he did not go digging through the stuff and papers in their desks. Now instead of telling Tony he is dumb, when he uses his clown maks they will be complaining and telling him that he shouldb't act that that way, that he shouldn't act so dumb, that he should act like a professional adult. And after a time you will seen them start to resent and hate Tony becuase he is so smart. The jealously had already been there but hidden. Now that they can't throw their I'm smarter and better than you insults they will start showing their resencentment that Tony is better than they are. Kate would be especially bad since her degree was in profiling where as Tim will still have his computer skills that he could lord it over Tony in that area.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
SneakerTime chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
That was awesome! So glad they all pulled together as a family.
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Awwww! Wonderful! It was just sooo sweet!
The Original Geek chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Ah yes, I remember this story. It's on my fave list, and I come back to it often - not sure why I've never left a review, but it's time to rectify that!

In a word, wonderful. I love Tim's realisation, and Ducky and Abby's comforting of Tony.

And anyone who can use the word 'allusions' correctly and in context scores extra points in my book. ;)
flyboyfan23 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
love the fact that you used sam and jack as a tv reference! made my day :)
Santoryuu-Zoro chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
ADORABLE. That's all I have to say.

And I LOVE Smart-Tony fics. It's totally canon :) We all know.
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Hah, I dunno about the published articles. But Tony has to have a Masters at least; it's a Federal requirement at his job level. Gibbs, too. BTW Kate does not have more experience than Tony; the Secret Service does have an investigatory function (crimes against the Treasury), but she was in security, not investigation. NCIS agents, otoh, are piano players: they encounter some of everything, from drugs to assault to fraud to espionage to terrorism -just like on the show. Tony's background as a detective is completely germaine-that's what detectives do, investigate. NCIS tends to collect agents with varied backgrounds. ALSO-I personally thought Kate was a lousy profiler.

Yes, Tim wrestled in college; but Tony played basketball AND football at a Big Ten college and was planning to go pro. Not comparable. Ohio State is known for academic achievement as well as athletic. Most cops are required to get degrees if they don't have them, nowadays; but they don't get them from prestigious, expensive schools. Tony comes from money, and that is a LOT for cops to swallow; it's even a lot for other NCIS agents to swallow. For him to be book-smart on top of everything else would make it hard for him to have friends.
Livia2001 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Fantastic story! You're my new fave author! Love your writing!
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
first this is a good story... i have know problem with tony being smart...

kate was in the secert sevice so in a lot of way she did have more experions, and she had a masters degree... maybe more.

tim has a few degree master form MIT, and a year of indepent stody of sting theroy.. ( a year or two after every think is how you get your PHD in math) These are HARD science

tony goes into every bodylife makes fun of every body.. heck he made fun of tim girl frineds... but when they go throw his stuff he get mad..

did you every think that tony is not like becouse he is a jerk some times.. tim was on the high school westing team, and all A i high school so you can be both...
MsJonyReb chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I loved the whole comment about Jack O'Neill being smarter than he acts - You always had to wonder (at least I did. . . )

This was well done. Great job!
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Excellent ending! Hope you have more Tony stories soon!