Reviews for Guilt
sexybeardedlover chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
In Canada year 8 is grade 8...

anyway I really like this...I love writing fanfics for class and your teachers don't even notice :P

They love eachotehr oh so very much...but imagine Howard finding out :/ wow!
swisstony chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
This fic was so amazing: D

It was sad and sweet: )

Vince seemed really mean, but then I liked him again (oh my god I sound like a retard...lol...)

N e way great: D
Beechwood0708 chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
I'm sorry I didn't review this earlier, it is really good.

The way you write teenage bullying strikes me as really realistic. I mean, I was lucky enough not to get bullied too badly in school, but the attitude of the bullies in this and just the general way they act is very similar to some lads (*cough*retards*cough*) I knew when I was about that age. It gives the story a lot of realism, which makes the tragedy of the subject more pronounced. The way you write Vince just going along with it was also very well put- the contrast between the guilty self-condemnation of his adult narrative voice and the frightened weakness of himself as a teenager gets across the sense of regret, but also the inevitability of him doing what he did.

It fits with a lot of aspects of his character very well too, in that peer pressure like that could explain why he becomes more the trendsetter than the follower as he matures, but continues to depend on the approval of others. And it fits perfectly with the way he's so obviously uncomfortable in that scene in Journey to the Centre of a Punk,and it would explain that painfully guilty look on his face just before he bites the record. You have him down really well.

And the ending is pretty beautiful too. The sentiment has a real melancholy to it, a sort of hopefulness at the joy of how he feels living with Howard now, mixed with a fear of his secret coming out. The sense of restriction that comes through is beautifully tragic.

This is a lovely fic, especially for a first one. Really brilliant, I'm just sorry I didn't see it earlier.

luv ya

x
BeckyRocks-x chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Hi,

Wow, for your first fic that was amazing!

You handled the situation really well, and kept in character really well.

I couldn't work out whether to hate Vince or not P

I'm guessing that Howard partly recognised Vince, but was willig to forgive him?

Becky

violence4 chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
oh my goodness, that was so sad! :(

such a terrible situation, and very believable as well. although i agree with stars of andromeda, i think Howard kind of knew it was him. but the fact that it was unclear made the whole thing even more powerful. and i could fully understand why Vince didn't want to tell him. and the impact that had on their relationship... it was just heart-rending.

and it really fitted with the way they are on the show, too.

really really good!

and welcome to fanfiction.

chugirl2526 chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
aw, sad but sweet poor howard, getting beaten like that-by vince of all people :( glad howard dosen't remember him like that
ButtonsMagoo chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Oh! _ An American Correspondant! :D

this is brilliant for your first fic! :D

Urgh Bulies _ Peer pressure _ You wrote it really well, and fluff-ish :) Great work there!

Lookin' forward to hearing more from you! :D

x
SparkieSchteff chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Wow...This is just beautifully written but so heartbreaking as well. While reading it I was listening to 'Hello' by Evanescence (and I know the lyrics don't match the story at all) it really set the scene for the story you told.

The end line was just tragic because it gives the sense Vince has no hope.

It works really well and could be true to the backgrounds of Howard and Vince within the show, you wrote the characters well and now I'm just babbling!

Anyway, I really loved this, great job on your first fic :) xx
brokenmoonlight chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Wow. For your first fic, that was amazing! Brilliantly written.

Vince buckling under the bullies and beating up Howard broke my heart. I was torn between wanting to hate Vince for buckling under the pressure, and feeling sorry for him for the situation he was put in. Even so, my sympathy for Vince was brought out by how genuinely guilty he feels for hurting Howard, and the way he carries it around, never telling him for fear of losing the only person he's ever loved, is so sad. Even though Howard says he forgives the kids who beat him up, I wonder what he actually would say if he found out Vince was involved, although I can't help but wonder if he sort of knows anyway, just by how he told Vince what had happened, like he's letting Vince know it's okay, even if he never admits to it. Such a bittersweet last line too, although I firmly believe Howard loves him back.

You captured the playground bullying perfectly. It's so unfortunate that this sort of thing actually happens, and you handled the subject very well.

redlaces chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Aw, kind of sad and kind of sweet.
LDNatalie chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Love!

But please give it a happy ending! :(