Reviews for Memory of the Fallen
Skrita chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
It struck me whilst reading this just how much Mustang's position reflects the whole Vietnam era sentiment regarding soldiers (or alchemists).

It always depresses me thinking about Vietnam, or just the fallen. But thank you for your story, regardless.

May they rest in peace.
the sadistic homicidal child chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I don't really know what to say. All I can really think of is two things. One being how much I dislike mass burials and empty graves, even if they do prevent the spread of disease. The other being how amazing it is that you never cease to wow me with your beautiful talents.
Rachel L. M chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
That was a beautiful peice of writing. Thank you so much for taking the time to honor our soldiers by writing that.

I know two people who are very close to me who are over seas right now and my friend who was killed in action 3 years ago. I am so very proud of them and it makes me happy that other people are proud of them too.

I thank you with all my heart.
athena chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This one really struck a cord with me. I think you did a wonderful job with it and the tone, so much so that i'm actually commenting. (lulz, been lurking while playing catch up)
Vanyali chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I must admit you did a great job... For a bit there I wanted to cry. My uncle was recently killed in Iraq (he was a sniper). I know I would give anything to have him back and yet I am so proud to say that he did what he could to help his country. I always liked how our names were the same, although spelled differently (Lee is my uncle and I am Leigh). I'd like to think that I can draw strength from that. I've also got a friend who is a Marine stationed in Japan and I couldn't be more proud to know him either.

Anyways I loved the story :)
jenelric chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
This is really well done! Awesome job!
Lt. Col Hughes chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Bravo! Bravo! Every word you wrote was amazing, I've been to a military grave site and well it wells you up with pride and sadness at the same time.
JChrys chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Nicely done.

And thank you.
radcat38 chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I think this story was perfect for today. It was a nice reminder about the men and women who fight and fall for their country. You wrote it well and never did it get heavy-handed or preachy. I think you walked that tightrope and came out with a nice story that gives them credit and makes them unforgettable. Thank you. It is a credit to your writing skill. You kept the FMA characters true to themselves and gave them an added dimension to go along with their story. Well done. I think I may cry now.
MARYLOVER chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Sighs... very nice. Were you thinking on something special when you wrote it? I think there's a hidden intention here... perhaps just my imagination.

My grandfather was a military man who fought in one war defending my country. He survived, but some of his friends didn't. You made me remember him... bye.
Spirix chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I already commented on your lj but I thought this fic deserved a review here as well.

I'm a ceremony away from joining the military myself and every night I have to remind myself why I'm doing this. Sure there is glory and honour, but there is also sorrow and doubt as to if this order is right or 'should I really be here'.

It's after reading things like this I become a little braver so thank you.

-rix
Kikiko chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
very good. nice symbolisum to current world events XD! I really liked this!
Monica chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I feel bad for Mustang, your stories have so much emotion in them, and they're so easy to relate to, I'm envious of your skill, lol. I was a bit shocked to see a new story pop up here when just a second ago there was none, though. Keep up the amazing work!
Amethyst-eyed Koneko chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
very good. I can almost hear a trumpet in the distance playing Taps. I imagine that this day would be very hard on a soldier like Roy who's seen and done so much and somehow survived it all. You did good.
Cold-Foxx chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Very touching oneshot. I've lost family in battles defending our country, and it's nice to see story honoring them, as well as all the other soldiers that have given up so much to protect their countries and citizens.

Well done!