Reviews for That Whiter Host
FFX2player chapter 47 . 6/21
This being the second time I've read through this story, it's past time I reviewed! I love everything about this piece, the friendship fluff, the excellent in-character-ness, and Lachlan and Renie, who totally steal the show while being wonderfully rounded. For some reason they make me think of The Adventures of Tintin. I wish I could read more of their adventures as well.

I must say, I remember reading this the first time and immediately connecting the wood after the second "nightmare night". I also remember being driven mad by Holmes failing to catch on. Reading it a second time, I feel his lack of equilibrium, thus explaining why he was missing it, while I, the reader, was on to it at once.
Eiladwyn chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
I like that your characterisation of Holmes is, so far, more consistent than Doyle's P Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to write and post all the work that you have - I am greatly enjoying them! I wish that allowed for a download feature as I would love to have your excellent work on hand to read during long travels )
StoryLover149 chapter 22 . 12/25/2013
Man, Watson's dream...I'm not entirely sure what to say. Reading fanfiction for a few years now, I've come across countless of dream sequences (love that kind of stuff), but after a while the emotional impact loses its potency. But Watson's dream brought it all back. I don't know how you did it, probably descriptive language like the smells and the haunted looks was the key, but I got a ton of feels from this, completely sympathizing and being enraptured by the dream, especially at the beginning and the underwater part (dream logic never hurts!). And I like Watson's reaction after he wakes up. He's just so shaken, so scared...I guess his inner demons may never go away. In any case, great job as always; and merry Christmas!
ShadowedRose17 chapter 47 . 3/14/2013
Loved this story so much! As always you both did a fabulous job which had me up all night to finish! :D (I admit to not believing you had actually killed of Lachlan, I refused to believe it until they produced a body... Although I did cry anyway. XD) Good job, guys!
Guest chapter 27 . 1/18/2013
I know a setting of 'All I remember is the horseman' by British composer Kenneth Platts Have you heard it?
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 47 . 1/11/2013
This is an absolutely wonderful sequel to your & PGF's "Vows Made in Storms" fic. It brings things to a full circle, really; we once again see how much Watson means to Holmes, and we see Watson helping to heal him, both physically and mentally, after their ordeal, when, last time, it was Holmes doing the healing.

The look into Holmes's past is both heartbreaking and necessary (and totally my new headcanon, by the way). I also applaud how you and PGF alluded to and built up to it.

That sad moment of acceptance where Holmes knows that Watson will willingly follow him into the danger ahead reminded me so much of Granada's "Final Problem," when Holmes tries to convince Watson not to follow him any further; I was admittedly picturing that look on Jeremy's face on Holmes when I was reading your scene here. Your scene was just as powerful and telling as Granada's; I was convinced that Holmes knew how the rest of the pursuit would play out, just as he knew how Reichenbach would.

Again, thank you for this absolute masterpiece and a look into a wonderful friendship!
Ocaso chapter 47 . 1/4/2013
I found it 4 years too late, lol, but I loved it from start to finish. Your characterizations are excellent and the way you weave so many details into the story makes it believable. Besides several spelling mistakes and missing words (sorry that I didn't take note of the chapters), this fic is a masterpiece - it is a great example of the difference between stories written by authors who can string words together in a somewhat coherent fashion, and stories written by authors who are talented. Well done.
Cheers,
Ocaso.
Roni chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Let me just go ahead and say this was amazing. Every moment was just perfect, making me laugh, smile, and cry...

Ever know that feeling when you finish a book and then you have no idea what to do next with your life, because the story was just so beautiful and you can't believe it's over? Yeah. That's how wonderful this is.

Thank you. :)
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
I think packing summer clothes would be a very entertaining idea! Holmes would probably get so caught up in his work, he'd just keep wearing the same clothes.
cjn chapter 47 . 10/9/2012
Rofl! Best ending ever!

Thanks and God bless you two :)
cjn chapter 40 . 10/9/2012
ROFL! Oh, gosh, this was funny!
cjn chapter 37 . 10/8/2012
I had given up 90% of my hope, but you had me tearing up! You cruel, cruel authors!

Ah, well. I wouldn't come here if I didn't want to be abused by you people :)
cjn chapter 34 . 10/8/2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

*Sobs uncontrollably*

I love Lachlan! Don't do this to me!
cjn chapter 17 . 10/5/2012
Yes! Snowball fight!

"Oh, heavens, I am not seeing this…"

You guys are awesome!
cjn chapter 12 . 10/4/2012
I love everything about this story; I love the characters and the dialogue, and I especially love the relationships between the characters :)