Reviews for Deus ex Machina
edf-k chapter 20 . 4/15
What a wonderful story, I really like how you've woven in everyone from Torchwood, the Doc and "Pete's world". It didn't feel like any characters were forgotten about or ignored, each one was given their chance to help the plot along the way. That's difficult to do, and to do so concisely was very pleasant to read. I liked the summary you gave the characters here at the end, and am very happy Rose is back where she belongs.
Spannerspoon chapter 21 . 3/12
Utterly brilliant! I loved how you put this together and it was brilliantly written.

Especially loved the cold (is cold the right word?) exchange between the seemingly doomed Rose and the Doctor - brilliantly written!
Hairi Esh Mooncake chapter 1 . 1/8
I liked this variation of thoughts and musings and search of logic to all to this.
Elena Masen chapter 21 . 12/23/2013
This was absolute perfection. The epilogue was just gorgeous, thank you so much for this story :)
AlYeSe chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
good so far
CastlePhoenix chapter 21 . 7/9/2013
I have no idea if you're still writing or even using this site anymore given it's been a few years since you posted this but I thought I'd let you know that I found this story brilliant. It was really, really brilliant. I almost want it to continue on...but really I think you ended it perfectly. I like to think Mickey's still out there somewhere in Pete's World because he deserves that. But then there never really was a choice for him hey. He wasn't going to let Rose die when he could send her back to the Doctor. Your prologue and your epilogue were unique and an interesting perspective on life. So, thank you for this story. Really.
JustATemporaryEscape chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
This story is so great!
JustATemporaryEscape chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
I loved this prologue! It's witty and claver, makes a great point too
lalala777 chapter 21 . 3/4/2013
This was a wonderful story. There are very few stories I read on here that sound like they could be actual DW episodes, and this is definitely one of them.

Thanks for the great read!
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 21 . 12/11/2012
Aww I'm glad that Rose made it back in the end. You had me worried. But, it would be nice if you wrote a sequel where the Doctor and Rose smooth out the wrinkles of their relationship. This time around, the Doctor has his best friend Donna to kick his butt into gear when he pushes Rose away.

You're so good at articulating emotions that I think the sequel would be quite the read. :)
tkross chapter 13 . 8/24/2012
I read this story the other day and can't get this particular chapter out of my head. I love the whole thing and really really wish that the actual show could have gone this way (if not for the will of the actors themselves maybe it could have) but the part in this chapter where the Doctor describes what it is like to die and come back in another body and still remember and feel every thing that Rose is and was to him is just absolutely brilliant and beautiful. Your vision of Rose is how I see her and I really think you write her better than anyone else does. I love how you write everyone else in this fic as well and your writing style is wonderful. Please come back and write more!
Shelbs13 chapter 21 . 2/20/2012
I loved every second of this fanfic! The Doctor was so in character and so was Jack and Mickey (the not idiot?) and Rose! I loved it!
Chris4 chapter 21 . 11/26/2011
I am SO glad I found this story, even if it is years after you wrote it. Fantastic job, excellently written, and it kept me up past midnight to finish! Would have liked a kiss at the end, but I guess having the Doctor and Rose get back together is enough. Great work!
seekerchasing chapter 21 . 9/24/2011
beautifully-worded story with a very exciting plot. loved reading this!
10Whovian chapter 21 . 9/19/2011
Nice story that. I like how you added the suspence then the hope then the surprise that wasn't really a surprise, but still amazingly awesome. I also like the short contimplative chapters at the beginning and end of the story makes your story different from others.

I didn't understand how the Doctor managed to excape from the lightning ball, explain?

Thanks for the awesome story, by the way. :)