Reviews for Tearing Lace
katie janeway chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I'm at work so I can't log in...how on earth did I miss this for so long? *Sigh* And you beat me to some of the ideas I was tossing around for a fic of this nature. Oh well.

First of all, as usual, this was beautifully done. I also like the blending of the 70s and the more up-to-date Frank and Nan we know. And of course, I adore them being married!

My main complaint is that now I have to figure out my angles for a tie-in fic for that episode all over again!
ILUV ZAMMIE andDanTrixie chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I LOVE the plot
I Create Myself chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Amazing! Can you tell me of the episode?
Katybug8008 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
i luved it 3
Agent Striker chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
arson and old lace is my fav. episode! i liked how you mixed it up but i think it might have also been interesting if you had done it in the 70s, with Frank and Nancy not married...but again, i really liked it!
JackieJacks chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Wow. This was amazing. I read it awhile ago and have been searching for it to read again, then happened to happily stumble across it today. I love the premise, I've never seen that episode but I'll go looking for it now. The writing is just beautiful - good hurt/comfort takes a delicate hand, imvho, and you captured the perfect balance. The underlying sense of anguish in both of them before Nancy finally lets Frank comfort her is heartbreaking, and her realisation of how badly he's hurting and in need of comfort as well is so poignant. I really, really enjoyed this.
kk chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
it was okay
Shojobaby chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Wow. Total WOW! That's all I can say.
Smithy chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
As someone who watched the show {and read the books way, way back a long time ago}, I have to say you did the characters of Mr. and Mrs. Hardy well. Nancy's emotional breakdown was very believable and Frank being the loving, supportive and somewhat helpless husband was top-notch. I also loved the way he felt like he couldn't help her, but suggested that she seek professional advice. In the show, this particular episode was very emotional, and Frank {Parker Stevenson} was not going to give up until he found the woman he truly loved. I just adored the fact that when they got up out of elevator shaft, they embraced each other and wouldn't let go, and then after Rathbone left on the roof of the building, she embraced him again. That's the one thing I adored about their relationship, they couldn't keep their hands off each other.
Smithy chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Did you know that you can watch the show on the Internet?
Midnight Memories chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Hi!

I can't believe I logged in for this. I can't believe that I'm posting a review with so much homework behind me. It's the first Nancy Drew fanfic I'm reviewing. Feel special.

So. First of all, I hate you.

I have a PILE of work to do. Aside from the 20 minute monologue I need to write/learn my heart, I have an 18 paged research paper and novel analysis due January 5th, and I've barely started the 300-paged novel. So tonight I began my research, (don't worry; this DOES have a point) but told myself I would just open a fanfic and read a few paragraphs here and there for every 100 words I wrote.

Well, that went totally down the drain!

I read the first three paragraphs, and down went the research. I was instantly captivated by your amazing introduction. Firstly, I need to say that I've never seen the episode, but your fic doesn't need us to do so. You explained things very well, and I can almost imagine the episode in my mind (and now I intently want to see it!).

Characters were succulent. Joe and Carson, even in the background, were true to themselves and shone in their abscence. But, of course, one of the bests was Frank. I've never read a Hardy Boys novel - I only came across them through a Nancy Drew PC game -, and yet you totally made me fall in love with Frank. He seems to be a pretty amazing guy if he's half as great as what you portrayed him to be. Just the perfect combination of sweetness, attention, and love, all while hiding a man of leadership.

The real star was Nancy. Even through the amazingly OOC situation you put her in (seemingly, nothing mentally reaches our favourite sleuth...), you made her perfect. From the torn lace all the way to her agreement to go see a therapist, you kept her right in character and I never once thought of clicking the 'x' on top of my page.

You have a beautiful mix of description, action, and feeling. Your "show-don't-tell" is stunning, I can truly say I'm jealous! It moved me enough to forget about my schoolwork; I have to give you props for that. THe intensity and emotion were amazing; I was literally sitting at the very edge of my seat wondering how it would turn out. Gosh, you had me going for a second; I was sure that Nancy would want to break up with Frank over this... But you swept a happy ending anyways. Thank you.

So this will go, without a doubt, in my favourite stories. I'm now going to stalk your profile and hope that you have another NancyxFrank out that can take me out of the misery of my schoolwork. Still, I'm really glad it did! This was amazing (I'm repeating myself, time to end the review!) and it makes me consider writing my own NancyxFrank, even though I don't know much how Frank would react. Maybe you would be interested in reading said fic if I do come down to writing it sometimes after the holidays?

Anyways, I'll end this here. I hope you don't mind the length of my review- I actually find that a long and well-drawn review is not even close of a reward for fics as great as this one was!

Merry Christmas, if you celebrate. If not, happy holidays!

Take care!
niver chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Ooh, I wanna see that show. (Too bad it's way before my time. I'll find it somehow.)

Great story. And you're right. Six months with some crazy guy thinking your his dead wife is definitely a bit of a mental help-needing experience.

Very amazing story. Loved it.
Nerdgal chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
You know what I never miss any chance of reading any of your works I even read the old ones are one incredible off to you.

Ssmkar
shallowbunny chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
A blissfully delightful read written beautifully as always. It is really hard not to compliment your work because it is always so poignant and powerful. Now I personally have never seen the series, much less the episode in which this piece was derived from, but I can honestly say you probably did more justice to the characters then the show’s writers ever could. Obviously you can’t go through something so traumatic unscathed. Even the strongest of persons break. It’s so weird to read Nancy as doing chores, it always seems someone else is doing them while she is jetsetting halfway around the world to solve some unsolvable crime. It kind of domesticated her in a very good way. It also made that scene where she was ripping the lace into tiny little shreds that much more powerful. I could see both Frank and Nancy in all the delicate little moments, and it almost felt invasive to be spying into their private world. It was nice to see you characterized Nancy and Frank to be human instead of superhuman. It is actually quite a testament to Nancy’s strength of character that she endured so much before she actually broke.

Anyways, incredible read as always.
bookworm2009 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
it's good...and you're right...there was a lot more they could do with it