Reviews for Walking into Darkness
FireFly07 chapter 11 . 4/2/2010
I can't believe I've never noticed this story before, when I was looking through your profile. I like your ability to write tragic stories, which I of all people really need. All in all, nice job.
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 11 . 7/7/2008
Sorry I haven't reviewed; was away for the week.

I immensely liked your insight into this bit of Arda's history. :)

/One is an exploration of events during the preparation for the War of Wrath and Finrod's return from Mandos. /

Would be interesting to read.

/Story number two is the tale of what might have happened if Luthien had arrived two hours earlier and both Beren and Finrod had come out of the Tol-in-Guarhoth alive. I have always wondered what would have happened. Potential effects on events such as the Nirnaith Arnoediad or Turin's sojourn in Nargothrond are interesting, to say the least. The effects on Finrod of his imprisonment and the events in Nargothrond might also be interesting, if not particularly happy./

Oh, I would enjoy reading this one! It would make a good AU.

~Cal
Wherever Winter-fell chapter 11 . 7/6/2008
I'd love to see the War of Wrath story. Pretty please with sugar on top...
Ellfine chapter 11 . 7/2/2008
Write the War of Wrath story. The other is going to be a HUGE undertaking and would be easy to abandon mid-story.
Ellynn chapter 11 . 7/2/2008
The story is finished? So soon? *huh*

I really like it and wanted to read more, and I sort of expected you'd "switch" to someone else's POV and write about the rest of the quest for Silmaril.

As for the options you offer, I vote for no. 2. ;) Hope to see it soon, it would be very interesting and you are a good writer.
Ellfine chapter 9 . 6/30/2008
This is a very intersting description of Finrod's death. His thoughts and his planning and the chains and all of it as well as teh loss of the illusion (cool touch by the way with 2 illusions and one held by another) all are well done.
Ellynn chapter 9 . 6/30/2008
I like this story very much. Your writing style, characterization, descriptions and everything is very good.
Oleanne chapter 9 . 6/29/2008
Wow! And so comes poor Finrod's death. But Beren is still trapped and chained? Will the next chapter be coming soon?
Ellfine chapter 8 . 6/25/2008
You are right that Orodreth could have done worse. I had not considered the political upheaval he must have faced with Finrod gone on the Feanorean malcontents. Poor guy, indeed! Angrod or Turgon definitely would have been worse...
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 8 . 6/25/2008
Orodreth is not an easy character to write. You're going quite well with him.

This chapter-was very good. The different opinions, the conflicts-all done very well.

~Calenlass

p.s. I know this review isn't all that coherent...
Alquawende chapter 6 . 6/21/2008
In the previous chapter, I really liked that Celegorm alluded to Guilin's statement when Finrod left, and Guilin could not face them.

I'm really liking this. To make it better, you could go through and patch up some grammar errors.
Oleanne chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
The elf magic was an inventive and unexpected twist. Compelling and scary! Now they are captives but not totally found out. I'm looking forward to more.
Ellfine chapter 4 . 6/17/2008
COol! You write and explain elf magic very well. Fascinating!
Ellfine chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
Very creepy, but well sung!
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
I don't think you can fix the spaces-FF-Net gets strange when it comes to things like that.

Well-written, and a delightful read.

Until next time.