Reviews for Gutters And Alleys
White Wyrsa chapter 10 . 12/8/2013
That is very well written!
Loved every part. It's feels very much like canon, like day-to-day story out of real cop's life, though I know nothing about it) But it is very convincing and interesting - could not stop untill I spent all shift along with them.
Thank you for great work!
girkwithastory chapter 10 . 12/11/2011
This is by far one of the best written S&H fanfics and chapter 9 is perfect cannon H/C that expresses tenderness and bravery without lots of added smaltz
Emma chapter 10 . 7/30/2010
hi my names Emma, i just wanted to say how brilliant this fanfiction is! Ive read lots of Starsky and Hutch Fictions but this is incredible! Love it... Much love Emma x
bluespiritgal chapter 10 . 3/13/2010
When I read a good story that tries very hard to stay in canon with the series I try and make it a point to comment on them.

I found your story to be an excellent example of this, showing how each partner backs the other up without being overly sappy, using their actions and body language to tell the story rather than a lot of words.

But I also liked that you told the story in Starsky's POV. Starsky's not much of a talker when it comes to his emotions, but with Hutch he doesn't have to be. Starsky shows it through his actions. They way his thinks is intellegent but instinctive and you were able to demonstrate this in your story. Hutch is his partner and his best friend and Starsky will react instinctively, often times agressively without thought for himself because he only ever has one goal in mind, doing what he needs to do to keep his partner safe, to watch his back. There is no grey area here.

I liked the interaction between the two partners through the shift. You did an excellent job with this, the pacing was good, mixed with drama and the light humor that helps keep both of them sane through a tough night.

I love how you make Hutch stutter, which he will tend to do when emotional. I also like how you showed his gentle side with the hooker and his concern over Starsky throughout the shift knowing his partner still feels like crap from the aftereffects of the flu. You did a good balance of Hutch "mother-henning" without getting overly sappy.

I also liked how you showed Hutch trying to get his emotions back in check after the crazy bomber incident and how Starsky reads his body language eaisly knowly his parnter feels things pretty deep and how Starsky worries about this sometimes.

Overall, you did a great job on this story, keeping it in canon with the series and demonstrating their partnership and their friendship through action, body language and humor, again showing fans why we really like this pair of cuties!

Thanks and look forward to reading more of your work.

BSG
00000909000000 chapter 10 . 1/16/2010
Wow, great story! I like the premise of a night in the life of these two. The banter was great and really believable. Thanks for sharing!
Ukkie chapter 10 . 6/15/2008
Hey Karen,

Finally I have read this story and it was great! I really, really loved you so much for writing this for us!

Hugs

Nelleke
wuemsel chapter 10 . 6/8/2008
"What happened to me being beautiful?" Hutch chuckled.

"Drugs are wearing off,"

Your dialogue's DEF up on the shelf there. (Damn. Think I'm jealous.) I could post a dozen examples here, but I wanna overflow the space with praise, so there. :) How do you do it, make 1st pov such FUN to read! And so credible too. You got them down to the last detail. It's like watching an ep, riding along the chappies. Great work! Oh - so it's frogs with you? Don't we all have an evil animal to throw at them? ;) Loved these pieces, lady. You definitely rock. I would'ver loved watching an ep you wrote. Now go move the magic ones for more!
wuemsel chapter 6 . 6/8/2008
Loved the "innocent"-dialogue. So cute! I could totally hear it - SO cute! Thanks for this!
Bobbie Barkley chapter 10 . 6/7/2008
Wonderful! Just Wonderful!

I love your imagination and descriptions and

creativity! 'Bad Tuna' and 'Sunrise' and 'Cornflake'

and ...

I could just heard Starsky calling these people by

those names!

What an enjoyable read! Thanks for a short bit of

escapism!
Ukkie chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
Karen, I love it!I don't have much time anymore to read but now I found some time to start this lovely tale and I hope I can read some more soon.

Hugs,

Nelleke
aussie angie chapter 10 . 6/5/2008
Thank you for this story it was so different to the story I normaly read so when can I get your next story I hope it will be soon.
brook5 chapter 10 . 6/4/2008
aw...i loved that..I wish you had more that was really good..
Jan in VA chapter 10 . 6/4/2008
Hi!

"...he's the one who always throws gutter balls down alley lanes."

TOO...TO cute! Love your tag! Can see the whole thing in my mind's eye with PMG and DS playing their roles!

GREAT STORY KAREN...AS USUAL!

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA
aussie angie chapter 9 . 6/4/2008
Poor Starsky he sick now he bleeding can't wait for the next chapter hope it will be soon.
wuemsel chapter 2 . 6/3/2008
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to read all nine treats this morning, so here's a first rev, for I can't help it.

- "Yeah, I was having the weirdest dream about Dobey." I changed the subject.

"Want to tell me about it?" Hutch asked.

"Let's just say I'll never look at him the same way again." I struggled to maintain the snicker that wanted to escape. -

*grin*! *double-grin* Totally a hearable line coming from him. And thanks for the snicker; I spilled coffee. ;)

I loved the grumpy Starsk in the first read too. As I said before, you're SO good at 1-person-stuff, it shows a very credible, very in character picture of Starsky, and I found myself feeling for him BECAUSE Hutch's mother-henning him. And in front of a baddie too! *mean smile* Poor Pooh, that would irk me too. Looking forward to reading more soon. Thanks for this!