Reviews for The Blessing
RossoDiSera chapter 1 . 4/16
All was well written and impressively detailed considering this was a simple one-shot. The setting and the representation of characters very true to the original movie.
SpecNut chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Thank you so much for writing this! It's hard to find Ladyhawke fics out there...I was so pleased to find such a good one!
Evie Delacourt chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I could hear Philippe's voice in my mind as I read this. I think you portrayed Navarre and Isabeau quite well also, but Philippe was spot on.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This is so sweet!
Moviemuncher chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
This is amazing I only watched Ladyhawke yesterday and was so enchanted by it. Im still in highschool and quite young but I love books and films like this, ones you are enthralled by totally captivated and I was. I really liked Mouse, He is a thief and a liar but he saved Navaare's (dont how to spell his name sorry) life only to get hit and then to be apologized to wholly. He was an enigma, a good criminal. The love story in it was so... difficult to explain but Im sure you know what Im on about.
Skye The Wolf Sister chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
A very well written fic! I personally love the movie Ladyhawke, and you've captured the characters amazingly well in my opinion. One of the best Ladyhawke fics I've read so far - many thanks for writing it!
Sakon76 chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
This is a wonderful, beautiful story and you've captured all the characters' voices perfectly! I can only wish there was more of it, but it ended in just the right place, too.
Lily chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Oh, how adorable.

"My lord has no allegiance except to his lady and maybe to God, though I wouldn't want to test that one too hard."

That line is just brilliant and perfectly descriptive of Etienne and I could just SEE Mouse saying that. You really are a brilliant writer.

...sorry, I've read some of your fics before and loved them but didn't review so that might be why you probably think I just unleashed an unhealthy amount of love upon you for just one short one-shot. But I like your stuff, I really do, and I LOVE Ladyhawke and I have for years and honestly I'm gonna kill my best friend because she just told me she's never seen it and doesn't want to.

Who the hell wouldn't want to SEE Ladyhawke! What the hell is wrong with her?

Sorry...this doesn't make any sense. My brain is fried, I'm frazzled, and I do believe I just ran out of coffee. I'm gonna have to make some more and that will take forever since I have no instant and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm just happily prattling on with no caffeinated substance. Yet my spelling is still perfect. Damn.

Anyway, loved this. Seriously. Keeping this under Favorites.
Herald7 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wow, you know just when I was starting to think fan fics could never get things right, you did an excellent job interpreting Phillipe, pleasure to read! :D
Gwenh chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I happened upon this story, and couldn't be more pleased for it. The forest you create is rich, and I enjoyed the shape-shifting you kept in the tale. Very nice!
Revriley chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Very nice, especially the dialogue. It was very well written, following the style of the original screenwriters. I liked the idea of the two noblemen thinking of the place as the Otherworld.

Good job!
DaynaWayna chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
What a wonderful story, MD. I really enjoyed it. You nailed all three of the movie characters, and I LOVE the interplay between Navarre and Philippe! Priceless and just so perfect. You really did a good job on this one.
Christine chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I liked this story. It's well written(good punctuation, no spelling mistakes) The humour is in keeping with Phillipe's character. Based on the names I take it the prince and his escort are German? I wish there could've been more on Isabeau and Navarre but I guess that makes for another story.
Zoe Alice Latimer chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I'm so glad I found this story. I've tried to write about the Mouse and his friends post-movie, but I couldn't characterize them correctly. You have succeeded where I failed, and I hail you for it.

Great work, great story. I hope it was as fun to write as it was to read! :)
lkcrm94 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
This is a very good and witty story; I really enjoyed it too. You've got the characters' actions and stuff pretty accurately - I could imagine them saying the dialogue in your story. Well done!

I actually read this story listening to the film's soundtrack CD to make it feel even more 'Ladyhawke-ish', lol.