Reviews for Toil & Trouble
Qwerty chapter 1 . 1/27
This is, without question, the BEST Nougami Neuro fanfic I have ever read.
Umiki chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
This is one of the most original fics for this series I have come across. Good job!
For Spite chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
You know, the idea of Yako changing into a demon just like Neuro seems like a ludicrous fanfiction cliche at first glance, but she really does change over the course of the series (especially the manga). The amounts of food she eats becomes literally inhuman, at one point even Sai comments on how odd her metabolism is. And if she's becoming inhuman, what more appropriate final form? Although, perhaps something mostly human that resembles Neuro a little, like a New Bloodline style ability based on "understanding people" would be more likely.

Well, anyway, it's an interesting story idea and I like that you went with 'father-figure' rather than 'romantic interest' for Neuro, which is something I sometimes see in the fandom, since the latter just doesn't fit his personality.

Actually if I had to pair Yako with anyone in Neuro, it'd be Aya based on their fairly unique level of heart to hearts and Aya's almost flirtatious "if I liked you any more I'd have to kill you" but that's not really relevant.

Seeing chess-master Yako learn to use demon tools would make an interesting story if you ever continued it, but she'd probably be so dangerous it wouldn't take many more chapters for her to win.
Kurtulmak chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I spent a lot of attention reading this story trying to figure out if this was based on the anime canon or the manga canon before finally figuring out that it was a mix-up of both. Interesting!

I don't think I've ever read a Neuro fic before, but it was worth satisfying my curiosity to see. Yako becoming more like Neuro was a neat little idea for a fic. Well done.
SageofAges729 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Interesting that Neuro here is more of a father-figure than the more common romantic interest (even if it is often slight). I like this. And the fact that Sai and Yako are able to get together as a family makes it even better. Although I am sad that you had Neuro officially dead. (sniff) Keep up the great work!
nekonotaishou chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
...

Whoa... I didn't even think of that...

I don't know whether to cry because Neuro's dead in your story, or to generously appraise you for your amazing writing and plot skills. I think I'll do both. *cries*

Wow, somehow I can see the whole Yako-becoming-disturbingly-Neuro-like scenario really clearly, and I bet something similar happened between his disappearance and reappearance three years later (In the manga)

Wow, I love how you wrote Yako! I'm seeing her in a whole new light now, thanks to this! Though X posing as Neuro didn't sit well with me despite it making perfect sense in your story.

I commend your writing skills!

I'm definitely adding this story to my printed fanfiction archive!
Necrotimer chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
(O_O) Yako used one of the 7 tools of hell, Sai is her half-sister, they being attacked by the New Bloodline, and Neuro is nowhere to be found. This is gonna be messy (due to sai killing enemies) and weird (Yako with hell power) but overall it's gonna be interesting.

times up
AND chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Very interesting, very interesting indeed. You do need to lok over your grammar and spelling one more time. there are just some places that do not make sense. I would love to see a little more about this. It's a wonderful idea. Wonder what Neuro would say about Yako-chan now?
younah chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
it was a good story, not really my type of reading but still very well done.

you might want to check on the grammar. some of the sentences don't make sense or they don't run smoothly together

overall this was a great story!

keep at it and don't take what i said too seriously because i'm not some awesome author on this site who thinks of stories all day with great plots.. eh heh ;;