Reviews for The Fifth Eye
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Will you ever update this story...your other stories are amazing
Teraunce chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
The only sad part is, is that this hasn't been updated in years. If you do get this, 12/10 for the entire saga.
Yami Vizzini chapter 4 . 6/30/2008
Well, I'm not sure how much the Jack/Kari dynamic was developed, but I'm not great at picking up subtext like that. It felt realistic enough, and they get along well enough to get through this adventure, and that's enough for me. I did pick up on the contrast with Takato, though. And Takato's mono-dialogue (insofar as there's no one else there to talk) while he was sorting the packs really was like him from the show- seriously, I could hear him in my head!

So, yes, it's moving along, but there's not much else to say just yet. Oh, except the rain was awesome!
The Shadow Incarnate chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I must admit, I am extremely impressed with the storyline you have engineered throughout all of your submissions. Digimon: Legends is a work of fan fiction that I have rarely seen equaled in the genre. In fact, I cannot find anything that need be improved upon save the occasional mechanical error, which often appear to be nothing more than incidental oversights. I wonder, do you employ a beta reader?

As for the plot, one element of the story that has bugged me is the identity of the one the Destroyer spoke of in "The Last Digivice." Asmodemon referred to both Apocalymon and Daemon as "distractions," so they are obviously not the final goal of the Grand Scheme. The virus is no more, the Dark Masters are gone, Myotismon is dead, and the D-Reaper has been neutralized...It seems the only enemy whose fate has not been wholly ascertained is the Lucemon of the Western Quadrant, and that option is unlikely to the point of absurdity in my opinion. Who is left? Certainly not Etemon. That can only leave an original character, who I am certain will be as spectacular as the enemies you have already concocted.

On a side note, how will Protomon's essence be separated from Omnimon? And will he be destroyed, or will he be restored to physical form?

Again, congratulations on a magnificent work.
Silver Warrior chapter 3 . 6/15/2008
oh dear oh dear. The Digimon are back in the Tamers universe, but right now NONE of them have any Digimon to fight them off. And that Orimoto is pretty damn oily.
Yami Vizzini chapter 3 . 6/15/2008
You know, I checked my E-mail maybe half an hour before I saw this chapter on your profile- then checked again afterward and realized this had been posted within the last 10 minutes. Surreal.

Well, it's great to see at least part of the team together again!

The descriptions of the new digivices were cool, too. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the three functions given seem to vaguely correspond to the D-3 functions (digital, detect, and discover); it further ties the different universes together, and proves how well you tie these things together in your head- I mean, it's not even a matter of having a good thesaurus handy, since the functions are more alike in spirit than in, well, function.

Wow, this Orimoto guy is creepy, even if it's nice to put a name to the suits we so often encounter in this kind of story.

Rika and Henry's discussion about just why everyone is doing this was neat, and I hope Henry figures out his own reason. Not too quickly, though- that wouldn't be dramatic!

And that just leaves the problem of a rampaging DarkTyrannomon in close quarters...
Yami Vizzini chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
Rika as director of Hypnos- I hope we find out how that came to pass, but it makes a lot of sense somehow.

Cool to finally find out more about Takato's abortive search for Guilmon. I think the narration in the middle of that section was pretty good at reflecting Takato's somewhat jumbled thoughts and emotions. It does seem that there's a bit more to tell about his rescue, though; he's been walking around indefinitely and is now in (well-described) tatters, and Ryo shows up in pajamas and bed head? Perhaps Elena somehow knew of Takato's plight (though not his location) and pulled Ryo in.

Speaking of which- poor guy! I think you got the "altered state of mind" across very well. But it does sound like he's doing more than just rambling; the "very cranky dad" about to wake up has shades of whomever the Vanguard are trying to resurrect.
Alforce Zero chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
I love the development. Finally we get the story of what happened to Takato back then when he found the portal...not a nice story compared to what the series had alluded. But it's great that you've made it so realistic. The interaction between Rika and Takato are great, as well as Takato and Ryo. The idea of Ryo being 'crazy' doesn't go well with his usually cocky self but it's a nice touch.

All in all, this chapter is great! Can't wait for the next one.
Digitaldestiny360 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
heh, interesting idea. replacing the digimon makers with the original digidestined... couple other twists here and there, and we have the next story in what is one of the best series on the net. awesome
Alforce Zero chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Yeah a sequel! I loved this, glad that you wrote this and can't wait for the next chapter. Everything in this chapter is just amazing. Loved how Davis ended up being a babysitter, and Jun sure could hold on her grudge for a lonng time. Heh. Great to see that after all that happened in Last Digivice, Davis and Kari are still great friends. I've expected Kari and Jack to end up as a couple ever since the end of the Crest of Corruption where only Kari got to meet Jack and managed to snap his picture, and it was strengthen in Last Digivice's last chapter. TK and Catherine got me a bit curious, but I won't ask anything, I'd rather wait for you to weave your story for us to read!

Great job! Until next time.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Wow, for a story you weren't sure you were going to write, this got up quickly!

I was going to say that it was awkward that TK doesn't seem to have gotten over Kari yet, and a pity that he and Catherine both had to suffer for it- believe it or not, as far as non-fanon canon goes, my theory is that they got together (okay, so I guess that counts as fanon too)- but now I'm confused over a line at the end of the prologue, "that he lost her for as long as he did"- did he and Catherine get back together? If they were apart for those two years, Tristan (assuming here he is Catherine's son) would have been born after the split, but conceived a few months before (based on the specific age you so kindly provided).

And it's good to see names and faces for the new women and/or kids in some of the digidestined's lives, although I do wonder just how they entered the equation. These four years seem to have been busier than the previous decade- in both worlds!

Speaking of which- Jack and Kari! I CALLED IT! I CALLED IT! (I hope I didn't actually influence it -.-;;... Also, if I ever get married and have a kid, I have got to remember to give my wife a high-five afterwards!)

Poor Davis! Of all the people to use for a babysitter...

A bit of a coincidence, isn't it, that the computer company Izzy joined happens to have a Hypnos-type setup? Did he perhaps know about it and join for that reason? Or- is it possible he started the division?

Tai is once again awesome.

How is it that a war was beginning at the end of the last story, and this chapter still has a bigger cliffhanger?

Good to have you back again.
Lord Pata chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Okay, I should have seen this comming, when I saw Kari and Jack starting to get along more on the last chapter on the other fic I had the suspect she would end sending TK and Davis to hell and marry another.

I still think Kari should have give TK a chance she broke up with him literally for nothing, TK only was wanting the best for her and she felt he was being overprotective, I mean what does she expected? she is always getting haunted by the darkness and such, she can't blame TK for getting worried, worst was that she dumped TK right after the dinner where he proposed her marriage, that was really low actually.

Ah well at least Davis didn't won neither XD