Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Quatre24 chapter 33 . 2/18
League of extraordinary gentlemen character based of the story of Picture Darin Grey, I think that's the title written sometime before 1900 was a good plot twist. What did you did ami was great development of her story. Your story is one of the few fanfiction that's is better than the original source material, like the comic Gold Digger. If you get the chance to read it to look at the Gardeners; who they are, what is going on with them, and possible connection to the moon. Might be some good source material why pharaoh 90 knows about Metallia and vice versa.
Quatre24 chapter 23 . 2/6
That is had to be hard to chapter to write, and you wrote it well. You explained the premise story in detail with it be overbearing the rest but with good reactions to it from the characters. nice little plot twist the queen. Good subtle insults to artists of the original manga and design work. If you have read Gold Digger comic there is quote one from the characters, no one grows weaker depending on the hero.
Good way to start to introduce the outers as that would start up as the first story is going. Shadow hunters interesting concept to see where this goes snice they are not part any government past or present. Like Ranma's curse is somewhat resolved but it is still the Ranma we know. Excellent read so far.
The whole car accident feels like both a contrived plot device, and a nerf to Ranma's abilities, his speed and durability.

If he has the time to push Nodola out of the way, he should have plenty to jump away himself. Hell he could just have grabbed her and jumped away with her as he has done several times in canon with different characters.

loathe - loath
silverhawk88 chapter 36 . 1/27
I always have found your story a good one. Hotaru has always been my favorite character ever since it came out all those years ago. I am glad you threw in real like feel in it. Thanks for doing such a great job.
Quatre24 chapter 8 . 1/22
Excellent story all you have to do is change names and places with some minor edits to the action you would a original story. Love how Setsuna realized the crystal tokoyo is a bad idea that ends all potential with free will of people and civilization to evolve. It actually takes civilization backwards from democratic to monarchy. Now she is only focused on saving the present not trying bring back a past kingdom. The past kingdom or the old future sounds like bad place to born into the lower classes or if you reject the crown. It like sounds Gundam Unicorn if the full frontal/neon zeon idea was co side porsperity sphere idea to actually happen then add in many many genertations later big destruction of all then reset in mordern times. Throw some Gundam concepts to help Setsuna drive the point home to to the rest of them.
tarrangar chapter 24 . 12/19/2017
Personally I think you are portraying Happosai incorrectly, not so much because he's not a complete monster, but because he seem to feed on female energies, and causing injury with his groping, don't seem likely to maximize that energy, I think he would be more likely to be the type, to use unwanted gentle touches and pressure point techniques, to force some excitement on the women, seeing as that would increase the energy he feeds on.
tarrangar chapter 9 . 12/18/2017
I don't see why they would show compassion to Shampoo, the Amazon's clearly deserved their fate, I would expect disgust from Ranma at least, for how badly they violate the Martial artist code as he see it.

There's nothing in that story that make me feel sorry for them, I only feel irritation that the soldiers didn't kill or arrest the rest of the warriors too.

The only thing I felt at that story, was joy at how the people who had been murdering innocents for winning friendly spars for millennia finally got theirs.
tarrangar chapter 5 . 12/18/2017
If Usagi's parents really wanted her to improve they should try positive and negative reinforcement, since she seems to like reading romance novels, confiscate all the ones she has in Japanese, and get her some in English, start with easy to read comics that she finds interesting, and let her work up from there, make it clear they will get her more once she finish them, but she has to read them in English, I think she would see quick improvement in her grades like that.

It seems to me part of the reason Usagi is so uninterested, is because her parents use only negative reinforcement, yes a good scolding can get some people to work harder, but I think Usagi is the type where, promising her icecream for desert every time she manage to rise her grades by 5 or 10 points is much more likely to work, especially if you at the same time cut her allowance, so she can't buy that much icecream herself.

Sure she is also legitimately lazy, but part of it is she has no idea what she want to do, and so she lacks a motivation to apply herself, giving her such a motivation, even if it is in the form of minor bribery should alleviate things.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/16/2017
It started fun, but after the first couple of chapters the Ranma crew has been relegated to support or side characters. While that may be great if you happen to be a fan of Sailor Moon, it’s boring if you’re reading this for Ranma.

Also, is there honestly anyone out there at this point who may be reading this who isn’t familiar with the beginning of the SM universe? Why rewrite every thing that has come before but with slight differences? It’s an AU, a fanfic, it’s not cannon! Go crazy with it! Create new adventures! Don’t rewrite something that came out 20 plus years ago.
rash987 chapter 36 . 12/7/2017
esta sumamente genial continua con tu trabajo y que bien que este en tvtropes tu fic
lelcar chapter 36 . 12/5/2017
Mmm..I'm supposed to hate Minako's parents for their reaction; and yet, how many parents would have acted different upon learning their underaged daughters are football soldiers in a secret war against horrific eldritch beings who can kill, corrupt and maims bodies, mind and souls... while wearing tacky stripperific outfits.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 36 . 12/4/2017
Well... Minuette's fate was horrible. CAn't wait to see if Tethys and Jadeite change after that revelation. Poor Minako, if they get in contact with the other parents somehow I hope Ami's mom or Usagi's parents rip them a new one verbally and maybe add a physical slap to the face.
Quathis chapter 36 . 12/3/2017
Minako is going through a very rough patch of life. Just when she's re-adjusting to not having a curse, she has to deal with her parents finding out about things. The other parents might be good resources in dealing with that situation. At least to provide some show of support and understanding, with some threat implied if those two put their own kids in jeopardy.

The searching quest they're on right now is important, and will have great benefits and costs by the end. They also really need to learn some sensing spells or something. They have to be getting tired of getting ambushed.

Until next time.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/2/2017
Sun stone, Moon stone, world stone. A fan of: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? :-)
894 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »