Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Ashen Author chapter 13 . 3/14/2013
Is Shampoo's father a Chekov's gun, or just a piece of background?
goddragonking chapter 10 . 3/4/2013
great ch u know Ranma did kill a fire bird Phoenix King halfgod in the mange Jusenkyo curses have no cure the curse is meant to teach its victims humility, how to overcome their flaw seeing that most human beings are too set in their ways to truly change they'll be haunted by the curse for the rest of their lives, always fighting it tooth and nail and never succeeding This is compounded thereby that once cursed Jusenkyo's victims are placed in situations that make them endure many hardships. The harder they fight the curse, the harder the lives they lead
goddragonking chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
goddragonking chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
goddragonking chapter 14 . 3/2/2013
Gwachi chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
I was looking through, and noticed some discrepancies in your beginning few pieces. Which part of his leg did he break? Afterall, a broken leg could be a femur or a tibula/fibula, and if he'd had a tibula/fibula break, he wouldn't have been in a cast, he'd have had a titanium bone replacement, at best. At worst he'd be in a izzeroth/lazeroth fixture (commonly known as a circle external fixture, as opposed to the normal external fixture.) Reason I know all of this is because I had something similar to his accident happen to me, except I was on my motorcycle at the time. double femur breaks, shattered and missing tibula/fibula, torn Achilles tendon, plus multiple smaller injuries, no upper body/chest injuries at all, so I was considered fairly lucky despite having a less than 10% chance to live. Oh well. Where was I? Everything besides that looks good, though, so good job.
Judaphine chapter 15 . 2/17/2013
This is a really good story, so far. Having said that, I recommend getting a native English speaker to beta read before posting. A little editing never hurts. It would help with the little things. For instance, an optometrist (optician in British English) is the one you go to to get your eyes checked while an ophthalmologist specialises in eye surgery and diseases of the eye (you go to one of those guys when glasses aren't enough). There's also an issue of the use of "this", "these", "that" and "those". You use the words "these" and "this" where you should be using "those" and "that".

Just a few minor things that I had to do mental corrections for as I was reading, but the plot is better than most cross-overs of this type, it flows well and you have a good blend of drama/action/humour to keep it interesting without going off on a tangent as many (myself included) tend to do.

Good work.
hga chapter 7 . 2/14/2013
While this story is not bad, I don't think I can rate it as "good". The biggest problem is that it's not very engaging; I think that's in part due to weak characterization-I'm getting almost all of that from background knowledge, not the story, which is bad in an AU-plus too much "tell" vs. "show" exposition.
Oakshaden chapter 9 . 2/13/2013
Wow, first Usagi gets "stuff" sprayed on her face and then she has things vibrating in her "subspace pocket".
Guest chapter 15 . 2/6/2013
good fic I kinda was hopeing that the senshi or ranma could've saved nephrite but at least their still may be a chance to save him later I hope you continue
Compucles chapter 10 . 1/15/2013
Um, Cat-Ranma can't be a surpressed evil demon, otherwise it couldn't act as an uninhibited barometer of Ranma's true feelings as it's known to do.
Compucles chapter 9 . 1/15/2013
I highly doubt Akane is at merely a brown belt level despite her interrupted training. You don't become the best normal martial artist in an entire ward of Tokyo and have the skills to beat up dozens of opponents at once without reaching at least black belt level. It actually shows just how talented she really is to reach that level after years of nothing but self-taught training.
Compucles chapter 8 . 1/15/2013
I really don't like this Ranma/Ami pairing that you're leading towards. Ranma and Akane have still become friends and actually get along much better than in Ranma canon thanks to the tweaks in this AU, so I can't see why they can't still fall in love like in canon. It's just a shame that Ranma is starting to fall for Ami instead of Akane just because circumstances in this AU have him meeting Ami first and spending the most time with her. Ami is just too meek and passive to suit Ranma as his girlfriend, like with Kasumi. He needs a spitfire like Akane.
Compucles chapter 5 . 1/14/2013
This is pretty interesting. I really like how you delve into the deeper psychological issues of both series.

I think you're underestimating Ami's IQ. I have an IQ of 133, and I'm nowhere near as brilliant as Ami is depicted.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Don't be too hard on Ryouga. He is the same as Ranma when it comes to being backwater despite not having an old man like Genma... and being targeted for food as a helpless piglet is just too cruel a fate.
698 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »