Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Guest chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
That fourth technique? Oh, i don't know... maybe make a tornado by drawing a spiral on the ground and acting on the difference in temperature? Just a thought. Well, i'm hoping Nephrite survives, for once. And if he does, i'm hoping you don't pull a Naoko. I mean, that you won't have him fade into the background like she did the Phantom Sisters.
Ashen Author chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
Fourth technique is the Hiryu Shoten Ha.
I really love what you're doing with this, it's very unique among all the stories i've read.
psychicshipping chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
Hooray! You're back! Now I have to re-read all the other chapters to remind myself of your canon. Oh well...
god of all chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
Quathis chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
Akane certainly has poor luck with men, though it kinda looks like Nephrite might be changing or experiencing some remorse over what has happened... or maybe I'm over thinking the little things. Hopefully things work out for Akane in the future.

Striking a nice balance between what both canons offer as far as personalities and powers go. Until next time.
Ceridwen Kalamack chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
Zoicite is female here?
OBSERVER01 chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
excellent chapter
cj1of4 chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
The fourth move is: the Hyru Shoten Ha (might not have spelled that correctly).

I'm curious if anything is going to happen between Akane and Nephrite now. He does seam to be regaining his memories.
Van the Rogue Soul Drinker chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
Lol is it bad that I enjoyed the author not at the end the best? while I am no huge fan of Akane, canon or fanon, I still like that your expanding on her and the others character and making them people instead of cut outs. the best is the last bit of the note about Crystal Tokyo and the reason why I've have enjoyed your fic a lot more then other. Although the Ranma/Ami pairing has a lot to do with that as well.
jgkitarel chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
Actually, Ranma breaking down like that also has a more sinister factor behind it, a factor that the other girls would understand all too well, given that it is based off of an all to real, and valid, fear. They wouldn't talk about it, not to Ranma, or even to each other.

One of the things that a lot of people don't always understand about Takahashi's works is that there's always a hidden meaning. Ranma 1/2's undertone, at least to a Western viewer, is that of a satirical deconstruction of Japan's often contradictory values via a martial arts comedy, by playing them for laughs (the fiancee issue) or taking them to almost illogical extremes (Nodoka's perceptions of manliness) and thus poking fun at them. It should be noted that each of the characters are also satires of various Japanese character types.
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I always found the premise for this interesting. Pluto learned the hard way that meddling with spacetimetime is dangerous in a way that would ensure she learned that lesson, painfully. Going through several time loops where failure is the only option until a random factor finally broke her free would ensure that she will not mess with something so dangerous.
Emeraldfireblade chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
Thanks for the PM, by the way, it's always nice to get direct communication.

I can see that you weren't boasting about the improvement in your writing skills, chapters one and two were decent, but this chapter three is clearly superior to them.

I noticed that the poor spelling that plagued the prior chapters is gone, but I did still notice a few words that needed to be separated by spaces.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
Lerris chapter 7 . 8/4/2012
This is okay, but not as good as it could be. First off, when crossing two series, you don't have to bring in all the characters of both. Right now, I can't see how Ryoga really advances the plot that much although whether or not he is included is of course up to the writer. It may, however, be a good idea to pair things down so you have a manageable cast. The changes Setsuna mentioned could easily account for Ranma not meeting Ryoga, or something happening to one or two of the Sailor Moon cast members. Additionally, you have stated multiple times in the story that Ranma wouldn't be caught dead in a Senshi uniform. Once is likely enough. I can't really see Ranma continue to ponder wearing something he doesn't like in either form. Also the continual commentary on how short the Senshi uniforms are seems a bit tiresome. The simple solution would be for Setsuna to know how to change them with practice. The bit you noted where people's hair colors were less strange, just seemed not useful. After all an Ami with blue highlights or even dark blue hair is more visually interesting than one with ordinary black hair...

The key issue though is probably one of canon. If you have seen canon, or read it in many different pieces of fanfiction, then reading it one more time, with minor changes is, well, not terribly compelling. You have already established that the change at the start changed many things. Why not have Beryl and company already dead then have a completely different, less incompetent enemy appear? After all, right now the changes have, for the most part benefited the good guys, but since she used a source of chaos to get free, then perhaps one group of bad guys should catch a break...
Emeraldfireblade chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Mostly these days I read Naruto or Harry Potter. It's been forever and a day since I've read any Ranma fanfiction (which is what got me started reading fanfiction, many years ago) and on a whim I decided to see if anyone actually was still writing them. Imagine my surprise when I find a story that was not only updated this year (2012) but also a pretty darn good fic in it's own right.

You have just officially made my day; thank you and keep writing.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
Leszi chapter 13 . 8/1/2012
I have to tip my hat to you.
(I just finished reading all thirteen chapters at once, it's two past midnight, and although I'm too sleepy to come with serious review, I cannot forbear to write some comments.)
I just like your approach to the crossover, how you create more serious and realistic characters from silly (though great!) comedy and introduce them into the romantic adventure genre (that is not as romantic as it used to be originally). There may be minor slips somewhere - already mentioned in many reviews before - but they do not spoil the whole story, which is attractive in it's slow, elaborate developing.
I hope that critique of your language won't make you delay or stop writing. I think that it's extremely hard to use foreign language as a narrator's tool, and considering that you are doing quite well. Improvement in language takes time, but an urge to write and inspiration comes and leaves quickly... I'm sorry I cannot be of any help, being non-native to English too. (And man, I won't dare to try writing an English story, respect for that!) I hope some good soul would appear soon! ;)

I have different opinion on the whole transformation and uniform issue. (I think althought wearing a leotard and mini skirt is quite extravagant, it is not totally scandalous and unacceptable since leotard is worn by women in complete modesty during various sport activities. And I allways thought that in the manga, the transformation was quite instantaneous, and in anime it was just some filling, once cut and many times pasted, that filled time for no cost, and that it was not meant that the girls actually hover in air, undressing and dressing for long seconds in front of enemies...) But it is quite interesting to read an author's critique of the weird mahou shoujo anime stuff and some illogicalities in the original story in a work that is not a pure parody.

I am looking forward for new chapters. So many of your characters are promising an interesting development!
678 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »