Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Zikarn Krais chapter 16 . 4/7/2013
The part with Beryl seemed particularly stupid.

If you have an operation to revive your dead goddess, you don't hand out invitations to your enemies. At all. Of any sort.

Better to have them be completely unaware and thus unprepared when your goddess is back to life.

And the thing about Ranma at the end seems more of a Deus Ex. Unless he's been spiritually trained to SEE life energy when it's NOT being visibly generated as an aura (and unless I miss my mark, he hasn't), he should be just as unaware as the others. He might feel his own aura being sucked out, which yes, he can notice, but he shouldn't be able to see this 'blob' thing you have going at the end.

So yes, I get that you're aiming for a showdown where the Senshi discover this fiendish plan, etc etc, but I think you could've gone about setting it up less obviously.
chaosglory626 chapter 16 . 4/7/2013
I can't wait for Ranma's training to pick up. The Saotome Sen Ken styles are perfect for monster slaying and would allow him to at least keep up with the Senshi. I can't wait for more, keep up the good work.
MWkillkenny84 chapter 16 . 4/7/2013
Good work.
Umh... I want to ask this: will Thetis and Jadeite escape their canonical ends (eternal imprisonement/sealing in crystal for Jadeite and death for Thetis)? I like the paring Jadeite/Thetis (when I don't ship Jadeite and Mars, of course)...
Well, it was time that someone showed us what Jadeite can do when he has not to rush things thanks to Beryl...
Vote: 10
goddragonking chapter 16 . 4/7/2013
great ch hope for more
Lerris chapter 15 . 4/6/2013
Overall this remains good. I particularly liked that they failed in their mission at the end. Things should not be too predictable. Of course your chapter title may have been a bit of a spoiler there.

My biggest caution would be to watch your character count and scope. You have most of both casts, and that can get a little unwieldy. You may want to focus mostly on Ranma and Ami to keep things simpler and keep things moving. On a final thought, while Cologne could no doubt train the Senshi better than Ranma, Ranma could have probably helped them with the basics earlier on. Just getting physically fit and learning how to dodge and fall would have been significant.

Good luck with your story.
Ashen Author chapter 13 . 3/14/2013
Is Shampoo's father a Chekov's gun, or just a piece of background?
goddragonking chapter 10 . 3/4/2013
great ch u know Ranma did kill a fire bird Phoenix King halfgod in the mange Jusenkyo curses have no cure the curse is meant to teach its victims humility, how to overcome their flaw seeing that most human beings are too set in their ways to truly change they'll be haunted by the curse for the rest of their lives, always fighting it tooth and nail and never succeeding This is compounded thereby that once cursed Jusenkyo's victims are placed in situations that make them endure many hardships. The harder they fight the curse, the harder the lives they lead
goddragonking chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
goddragonking chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
goddragonking chapter 14 . 3/2/2013
Gwachi chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
I was looking through, and noticed some discrepancies in your beginning few pieces. Which part of his leg did he break? Afterall, a broken leg could be a femur or a tibula/fibula, and if he'd had a tibula/fibula break, he wouldn't have been in a cast, he'd have had a titanium bone replacement, at best. At worst he'd be in a izzeroth/lazeroth fixture (commonly known as a circle external fixture, as opposed to the normal external fixture.) Reason I know all of this is because I had something similar to his accident happen to me, except I was on my motorcycle at the time. double femur breaks, shattered and missing tibula/fibula, torn Achilles tendon, plus multiple smaller injuries, no upper body/chest injuries at all, so I was considered fairly lucky despite having a less than 10% chance to live. Oh well. Where was I? Everything besides that looks good, though, so good job.
Judaphine chapter 15 . 2/17/2013
This is a really good story, so far. Having said that, I recommend getting a native English speaker to beta read before posting. A little editing never hurts. It would help with the little things. For instance, an optometrist (optician in British English) is the one you go to to get your eyes checked while an ophthalmologist specialises in eye surgery and diseases of the eye (you go to one of those guys when glasses aren't enough). There's also an issue of the use of "this", "these", "that" and "those". You use the words "these" and "this" where you should be using "those" and "that".

Just a few minor things that I had to do mental corrections for as I was reading, but the plot is better than most cross-overs of this type, it flows well and you have a good blend of drama/action/humour to keep it interesting without going off on a tangent as many (myself included) tend to do.

Good work.
hga chapter 7 . 2/14/2013
While this story is not bad, I don't think I can rate it as "good". The biggest problem is that it's not very engaging; I think that's in part due to weak characterization-I'm getting almost all of that from background knowledge, not the story, which is bad in an AU-plus too much "tell" vs. "show" exposition.
Oakshaden chapter 9 . 2/13/2013
Wow, first Usagi gets "stuff" sprayed on her face and then she has things vibrating in her "subspace pocket".
Guest chapter 15 . 2/6/2013
good fic I kinda was hopeing that the senshi or ranma could've saved nephrite but at least their still may be a chance to save him later I hope you continue
748 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »