Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Ranmaleopard chapter 12 . 11/29/2011
this is awesome! i cant wait to see what happens next. Please continue!
Bobboky chapter 12 . 11/29/2011
very good
Zealot chapter 12 . 11/29/2011
Nice chapter, hope to see more updates soon.

However, you are falling into the same trap as many authors before you: you are giving your characters power-ups that are both unnecessary and have no plausible backstory. Ranma having Shadow Hunters as ancestors makes about the sense as having Albus Dumbledore appear out of nowhere and offering to teach him magic!

It started with Naru and now it continues. In my opinion exploring the character interaction between Senshi, super martial artist and regular human has much more potential then simply giving every character, that shows up, magical upgrades.

Still, seeing that you probably won't rewrite already posted chapters, I suggest that you at least make some better in-story excuse, like Pluto going back in time to twist reality in such a way, that the characters do get their power-ups.

While most will probably still call bullshit, at least you won't be limited to the excuse that everything is just a coincidence.
Quathis chapter 12 . 11/29/2011
There was a lot here. Ranma getting some male bonding time thanks to the female bonding time. Looking forward to what comes next, especially since failure occurred once again for the Dark Kingdom. Until next time.
Cattsith chapter 12 . 11/28/2011
Hurrah, new chapters! Great fun. Thanks :)
meh chapter 10 . 11/28/2011
over melo-dramatic fluff.
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 12 . 11/28/2011
Enter the Elder Amazon, time for a power up!
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 12 . 11/28/2011
lol
Sithking Zero chapter 11 . 11/23/2011
Ohmygodyou'

Seriously, though, really cool chapter. I like. I like this story, I liked your take on the Amazons (who struck me as being too one-note originally), you've taken things to... conclusions as logical as you can make them given the settings, though sometimes your spelling and grammar need work.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/20/2011
..dude Ranma's not an idiot. He knows what sex is.
ArinaSugarBaby chapter 3 . 11/8/2011
I feel that I must correct you on the uniform rather if it was in this chapter or the last one. They do not show off there panties that is a myth. They show off the lower area of the leotard that the skirt goes over. It sounds as if you didn't bother to do research on the name of the actual articles of clothing that the scouts wear. It would have really helped if you had.
Lerris chapter 11 . 11/3/2011
Overall good, yet perhaps the thing that stands out the most is bringing in much of the Ranma 1/2 cast. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be very hard to keep the characterization top notch if you have a lot of characters. The other thing that stood out was that the Youma identified that Ranma was something like a Shadow Hunter. I'm hoping whatever that is doesn't mean a significant boost in Ranma's abilities, since he doesn't really appear to need it.

Beyond that the question that comes to mind over and over again, is why at least Ami isn't getting some minimal training, from his Mother if nothing else. It doesn't take a lot of training to make a noticeable difference, particularly on top of her magical abilities... A few weeks training could easily mean the difference between surviving a battle and not. I remain curious how all this is going to turn out...
Lerris chapter 10 . 11/2/2011
I do like the original bits. I suppose part of what I meant when I mentioned canon in a previous review where that they were facing the dark kingdom through a series of progressively greater challenges. Still, I'm not sure how that part could have been easily changed given the early story, but it might have been interesting if Pluto didn't have foreknowledge of the bad guys in question. This nekoken cure, is, as far as I can recall fairly original. The only question that remains is whether Genma will teach them some of the art. With Nodoka and Ranma to watch, he could probably do a good job...
Lerris chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
Overall good, yet the rehash of canon is a little disappointing. Ranma needs a disguise. The ninja uniform he wore before probably works, although he doesn't know hidden weapons yet, so hiding it would be tricky. He might also be able to use the disguise pen.
Lerris chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
This is getting good. My only nitpick about Ceres is it feels a bit like she was made a Senshi to give her enough power to be useful, while Ranma and Akane have the potential to be useful as they are...
648 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 .. Last Next »