Reviews for No Chance for Fate
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I always found the premise for this interesting. Pluto learned the hard way that meddling with spacetimetime is dangerous in a way that would ensure she learned that lesson, painfully. Going through several time loops where failure is the only option until a random factor finally broke her free would ensure that she will not mess with something so dangerous.
Emeraldfireblade chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
Thanks for the PM, by the way, it's always nice to get direct communication.

I can see that you weren't boasting about the improvement in your writing skills, chapters one and two were decent, but this chapter three is clearly superior to them.

I noticed that the poor spelling that plagued the prior chapters is gone, but I did still notice a few words that needed to be separated by spaces.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
Lerris chapter 7 . 8/4/2012
This is okay, but not as good as it could be. First off, when crossing two series, you don't have to bring in all the characters of both. Right now, I can't see how Ryoga really advances the plot that much although whether or not he is included is of course up to the writer. It may, however, be a good idea to pair things down so you have a manageable cast. The changes Setsuna mentioned could easily account for Ranma not meeting Ryoga, or something happening to one or two of the Sailor Moon cast members. Additionally, you have stated multiple times in the story that Ranma wouldn't be caught dead in a Senshi uniform. Once is likely enough. I can't really see Ranma continue to ponder wearing something he doesn't like in either form. Also the continual commentary on how short the Senshi uniforms are seems a bit tiresome. The simple solution would be for Setsuna to know how to change them with practice. The bit you noted where people's hair colors were less strange, just seemed not useful. After all an Ami with blue highlights or even dark blue hair is more visually interesting than one with ordinary black hair...

The key issue though is probably one of canon. If you have seen canon, or read it in many different pieces of fanfiction, then reading it one more time, with minor changes is, well, not terribly compelling. You have already established that the change at the start changed many things. Why not have Beryl and company already dead then have a completely different, less incompetent enemy appear? After all, right now the changes have, for the most part benefited the good guys, but since she used a source of chaos to get free, then perhaps one group of bad guys should catch a break...
Emeraldfireblade chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Mostly these days I read Naruto or Harry Potter. It's been forever and a day since I've read any Ranma fanfiction (which is what got me started reading fanfiction, many years ago) and on a whim I decided to see if anyone actually was still writing them. Imagine my surprise when I find a story that was not only updated this year (2012) but also a pretty darn good fic in it's own right.

You have just officially made my day; thank you and keep writing.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
Leszi chapter 13 . 8/1/2012
I have to tip my hat to you.
(I just finished reading all thirteen chapters at once, it's two past midnight, and although I'm too sleepy to come with serious review, I cannot forbear to write some comments.)
I just like your approach to the crossover, how you create more serious and realistic characters from silly (though great!) comedy and introduce them into the romantic adventure genre (that is not as romantic as it used to be originally). There may be minor slips somewhere - already mentioned in many reviews before - but they do not spoil the whole story, which is attractive in it's slow, elaborate developing.
I hope that critique of your language won't make you delay or stop writing. I think that it's extremely hard to use foreign language as a narrator's tool, and considering that you are doing quite well. Improvement in language takes time, but an urge to write and inspiration comes and leaves quickly... I'm sorry I cannot be of any help, being non-native to English too. (And man, I won't dare to try writing an English story, respect for that!) I hope some good soul would appear soon! ;)

I have different opinion on the whole transformation and uniform issue. (I think althought wearing a leotard and mini skirt is quite extravagant, it is not totally scandalous and unacceptable since leotard is worn by women in complete modesty during various sport activities. And I allways thought that in the manga, the transformation was quite instantaneous, and in anime it was just some filling, once cut and many times pasted, that filled time for no cost, and that it was not meant that the girls actually hover in air, undressing and dressing for long seconds in front of enemies...) But it is quite interesting to read an author's critique of the weird mahou shoujo anime stuff and some illogicalities in the original story in a work that is not a pure parody.

I am looking forward for new chapters. So many of your characters are promising an interesting development!
Dimriver chapter 13 . 7/21/2012
I like the story. There are a few grammar errors, but not too bad. The plot advances a little slowly. Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/7/2012
Keep up the great work!
Hang Tuah chapter 13 . 6/21/2012
Excellent update, you've shown a good what if scenario where Ranma's sanity and insecurities is pushed to the edge due to his curse and the related stress. And like always, I really enjoy the quiet moments between Ranma and Ami.

BTW, I've noticed the reference for Street Fighter. This made me wonder, have you ever heard of the Dolls?

Finally, have you ever considered making Happosai a new villain for the story? I mean, there has to be a reason why the old freak's perversion and being able to take all that punishment plus getting buried alive for as long as he did. Since you're giving the story a more serious or logical look, maybe he make a pact with the dark arts and a demon/devil?
Vixen2 chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Just wanted to add, as I can't figure out a way to edit my review that I admit my theory breaks down at the end where a fully powered Usagi is naked except for a pair of wings.
Vixen2 chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
Just found this story and read through to here, hopefully you've finished or are still updating it. A few minor quibles about inapropriate words like "Usagi almost fell on THE Luna" buy the story itself more than outweighs that.

The only other thing I really fell a need to comment on at the moment is your comments about the Senshis uniforms. From what I recall not only do they get more elaborate but the skirts get longer as they increase in power. So maybe they were a training incentive when you start they give you lots of room to move and the embarassment of being seen in it motivates you to get better faster and for learning stronger attacks you get more restrictive but less embarassing clothes.
Rose1948 chapter 13 . 6/15/2012
Another nice chapter. Lots of insights and real life mini-truths. Ryoga IS two dimensional. He's that way in the manga and in what little anime shorts I saw on YouTube. He blames everyone else for his problems and doesn't try to find solutions via his own actions. I've known quite a few people like him. Same with Ranma and his macho attitude and Akane with her Prince I'm A Martial Artist Too and I'm the Best attitude. They just weren't as slapstick as the manga portrays such personalities.
BlueMirage chapter 13 . 6/13/2012
Hadouken-style school?

That was fun.

I look forward to reading more.
psychicshipping chapter 13 . 6/9/2012
I congratulate you. Your writing has a style and sheer excellence that I have never seen before. I wouldn't be going too far to call it as close to perfect as you can get outside of Heaven. (particularly high praises from a cynic to rival Nabiki). You seem to have it all: humor that is fashioned as close to real life as possible, action, personal discovery that isn't cheesy, romance that isn't over nor under done, and my #1 compliment; killing canon in a tasteful manner (i.e. Setsuna no longer being a cold-as-ice %#*!&, Ranma actually starting to come to terms with his girl-side, no false hope of a cure only to have it typically ruined, and the way you handled Tux. [I remember just enough of the show to remember the suspicious personality change of Darien.] as well as other wonderful things.)

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER!
Ophidias chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
get this beta read. you have some decent ideas but your English is horribly butchered.
MWkillkenny84 chapter 13 . 6/7/2012
Good story so far and good twists...

Will we ever see Akane, Xian Pu and/or Ukyo in a Senshi fuku, just to give more headcaches to Setsuna (or problems to Beryl)?

And will Jadeite and Nephrite survive their canonical demises?

Vote: 10