Reviews for No Chance for Fate
Spica75 chapter 13 . 6/4/2012
Great to see you posting again!
Quathis chapter 13 . 6/4/2012
Yeah, Ranma's stress level with little to no sleep for two days straight with his mind preying on every fear and insecurity would be more than enough to break him down. In canon, he also had a goal that he could reach through training, so he had an outlet, here he didn't. A mental endurance test isn't Ranma's forte after all. Good character growth here. Until next time.
kajoshin chapter 12 . 5/21/2012
love the story!

I hope u update it soon.

Keep up the awesome job!
James Gaffergaff chapter 3 . 4/11/2012
This isn't a review of the fic (that might come later). I just want comment on something you mentioned at the top of chapter 3.

I don't think Ranma falls into the category of 'power level increases to ridiculous levels.' I might agree if we were talking about Naruto but not Ranma.

The only really big powers in Ranma are Hiryu Shoten Ha and Shi shi hokoden. And even though they are powerful, they have weaknesses and limitations. More than that, they somehow don't feel out of place. I mean, it was established early on that Cologne could do some crazy powerful things so why not them as they improved.

More importantly, none of the powers they get feel out of place. They feel like they fit within the world and fit the characters. They got faster and stronger but you get the feeling that they had earned it somehow. Rarely in the manga do you find them having some magically acquired power right in the middle of a battle, if ever at all. At best, particularly in Ranma's case, they use variations of already existing techniques.
chaosglory626 chapter 12 . 3/9/2012
This is a great story. By not sticking to the cliches you've managed to be more focused on the story. I love how the last two chapters have had stealthy MLP references. I am very glad Khu Lon showed up as that might mean Kaichu Tenshin Ameguriken! Way later he should get the Saotome Sen Ken styles. I love it when Ranma can practically make himself invisible and while the Yama Sen Ken is too powerful to use on humans, it would be perfect for a Shadow Hunter. I really like this story and can't wait for more, keep up the good work.
Rose1948 chapter 12 . 2/20/2012
Yay for the breakdown of canon insanity! Yay for a dose of credibility! ::coughcoughcough::

Just got through reading Chapters 11 and 12 and I'm impressed as well as entertained. Then again, I honestly enjoy your take on things. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Take care and thanks for sharing.
ironic chapter 1 . 2/11/2012

did you really use the word "ironical" in a sentence?

lots of people misuse the word "ironic" but nobody has butchered it quite as badly as you.
Spica75 chapter 12 . 1/15/2012
Really great story. Its now competing on the list of my favorite stories.

Nice to have a sane Akane even if she seems to be getting left behind more and more, she really could use one of those dreaded upgrades. _

But thats your choice, since its YOUR story. As long as you complete it, me and a lot of others are going to be happy.

So come on, make us happy!

Might want a proof reader, youre writing is very good in general but its marred by lots of small and common errors, like the many times that "probably" is incorrectly written "propably" or you have written "woman" instead of "women".

However, id rather see more chapters than perfect grammar and spelling as long youre doing as well as you already are.

Hoping for a new chapter ASAP!
d3jake chapter 12 . 1/5/2012
For those who care: SPOILERS!

Note: Very slightly revised from PM.

I liked the realism. The demise of the Neko gives you the feeling that they are creatures (somehow) that have internal stuffs. They will break into dust, in some cases, but there isn't always an easy cleanup afterward. Along with this, injuries sustained should be an important factor. Mask's healing ability is likely limited where the series sits currently. Even if it isn't limited to what's been sustained so far, I don't think that a broken bone, and avulsed finger\hand is out of order. I wouldn't recommend just throwing it in for kicks, but showing a real and true effect to the combat that could very well kill the characters adds another dimension. A through-and-through death, perhaps of a civilian, may not be something to be tossed into the storyline, but it can be an awakening. Perhaps the Senshi were issued a sort of "Class A" uniform for special occasions, and attend the funeral ceremony for that person. We're told that that was their main uniform, Pluto says that it can't be changed, but that isn't to say that there isn't one that isn't... subdued. For the moon kingdom, it would be reasonable to expect that there are multiple uniforms. Perhaps the common one we see is the "duty uniform", and there is another grade above it for more formal occasions. (I fear that I've tangent-ed...)

Along with the previous thought, it was brought up at the end of a chapter (right after the thought crossed my mind) as to why the monsters only attack their neighborhood. Perhaps a mis-detection, or missed chance will pull the Senshi out of their sense of security. It's taken 1-2 Senshi to kill one of the monsters, and with a full roster of inners, complacency may set in. Due to the ease of victory, they may get sloppy in their tactics.

I mentioned in the PM, I like the non-traditional tack that you've taken. After the prologue, the plot doesn't run, nor does it rush into the world that's being crossed-over with. I personally like brining in Ami to help Ranma, instead of jumping to Usagi and the rest of the group. In addition to this non-traditional track, you have the beginning event offset the typical storyline, thus making it seem less like new (to the series) shoe-horned into it.

Ami's an interesting character, as you've portrayed her. To be clear: I only ever saw several episodes many many many years ago, along with a movie or two. I know who the gals are, and a very rough idea about their behaviors. That being said, how you've portrayed Ami resonates with me. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I'm someone who typically out thinks those around me. When it comes to knowledge on topics, this can waver, but given little material to work with, I can typically make sound conclusions. With my personal history, I understand how it feels to go school, and interact with people, but not have many friends. I never had the work ethic to get into "gifted" schools like Ami had.

With this in mind, I had a similar event to Ami, in that I had one change that didn't click as being anything major at first, but it eventually snowballed. In much the same way, Ami started tutoring Ranma, and didn't really think much about it. Some chapters later, she thinks to herself while surrounded by her new group of friends, that she wouldn't have thought she'd be doing so well some months or so previous.

My suggestion for this, and a sub-topic that I'll touch on next, is that she decide that analyzing what is happening in her life is a bad idea. I loved where she didn't want to be drawn into the pit of endless studying. It shows that she's made up her mind (consciously or not) that despite whatever misfortune may cross her path, she wouldn't go back to how things were for anything.

This idea goes into the relationship between Ranma and Ami. I believe

you had them agree at one point (whether they both realized it or not) to simply let things happen. From someone who tried a relationship and thought about everything, this is a good route to take. If there was to a bump along the road between them, I think that may be best. From what I've see in my own life, that was the only event that I know of that kicked my brain away from thinking that... thinking is the best way through things.

Ranma and Mamoru... It's nice to see that Mamoru gets a male human to socialize with. I think that this is something that should be explored in length. In the TV series, the Senshi always had each other to hang out with. Without an outlet, I think that the two of the men would get a bit burned out...

This brings me to my, hopefully, final thought: Ranma stated at one point that he knew he had to come to terms with his female side. At the time, he was able to push it aside for the moment. I don't believe that it warrants its own special event, it festering, split personality, etc., however I believe that the Senshi should rally together to help show Ranma that it isn't as bad as it may seem on the surface to be a woman. Ranma's mother taught him straight out when he started living with her that his girl-body was something to stay, was natural, and something he'd need to adjust to.

Perhaps this means that they start with him joining some\all of the Senshi on outings in his normal clothing, then slowly ramp up the things that get introduced. I don't see any sort of branch for a storyline off of this, but it may be interesting to have as an undercurrent. That is to say, something that "runs in the background". Perhaps you can gear it such that Ranma can draw parallels to things he learns, to things he's noticed, but written off. You've portrayed Ranma as someone who's smart. If you give someone like that information, he's bound to draw connections and, therefore, conclusions. When it comes to this, I can't speak to what he may think of... I can only speak for myself between the two of us, but I don't exactly have a list of things that could be used for this "on tap" to offer...

The culmination of this may play into his education in that the "conversion" from "10 year training trip"-Ranma, to "settled down, and has developed social\scholastic skills"-Ranma is complete. This could include whatever you've already planned, and started to roll out. It could also include Ranma's "training" on womanly traits, fashion, habits, etc., and his scholastic achievements. Again, I don't want to sound as if I want to write the story for you, but I'd like to give you options and get you thinking about other paths.

Here this is... finally. I apologize for the delay.

My final thoughts are that I love where you have the story going. The

plot and characters are well developed, and I eagerly await the next chapter!
DragonGolem chapter 12 . 12/24/2011
The Senshi need training and here is Cologne. Very good story so far and I've never seen one where Naru is made a Senshi. Great work.
Emdee chapter 12 . 12/21/2011
Tribun -

I understand English is not your first language; I can forgive grammar errors due to that.

But PLEASE get a beta (or at least a spellchecker)!

There are times that the effort of figuring out what you actually mean (vs. what you've written) makes this almost unreadable, and that's a shame, as the underlying story is decent.

Please consider my suggestion.
Hang Tuah chapter 12 . 12/12/2011
You mentioned that the next chapter will deal mostly with Ranma and Ami in return. What do you mean by that?
SilveredFoxeh chapter 12 . 12/6/2011
hmm Intriguing and I'm grateful you're actually still writing this! It's a sad thing when fanfics are just abandoned over time. Though I really need to get back to my own old projects.

I look forward to how things go! Here's wondering what's up with the old lady, and if Ranma's locked curse will happen and or give him some... insight in accepting his female half ;
Rune Tobor chapter 11 . 12/5/2011
So Akane had her day. Nice. This Akane seems sane.

Thanks for the new chapter.
OBSERVER01 chapter 12 . 11/29/2011