Reviews for A Harmless Question
taintedlegacy chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Nice story!
Exdeamon chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Yes, there have been more fics on this idea, about this pairing.

I don't care. This idea's fucking brilliant, and you pulled it off incredibly.

And I don't swear much, so know I REALLY liked this oneshot.

Enough to wish it wasn't a one-shot, anyway.

I'd say 'beg', but I'm too stubborn.

I ask you in a very nice manner to continue on to write something like this once more.
Skoobles chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Yes, there are other stories with almost the same plot, but I did enjoy reading it. Good job.
Halo001 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
your right something very similar to this is there but yours is better and has a better ending i love the shepard and tali pairing i just wish there was alot more of them
Parle chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Yes, I have seen another fanfiction somewhere on this site where Shepard asks the Quarian how do they show affection. Similar.

It's okay, I don't think the other author minds, especially since there are few fanboys who like the thought of a Quarian and a human together. :)

Tali's a bit too childish for my taste, but I like her all the same. She reminds me of a little sister.

One critique, you have a huge block of text in this:

“When your life depends on your cool, you have to stuff all those emotions at the back of your head. Only when you were safely back at the ship could you let them out.” Shepard replied. He felt tears pool at the corners of his eyes. He wiped them away. Without waiting for Tali to say anything, he continued. “We were only a few meters away from the Makos when the Maw struck them from below, destroying our only means of transport. We tried to radio for evac, but it was hopeless. I tried to keep my team calm, but they were only eighteen or so. I was only two years older than them, and that must have meant something, because they fell into line and we trekked to the mountainous areas. We thought we were safe.” Shepard took a deep breathe to calm himself. He had to keep his cool. “It wasn't. The Maw followed us, and suddenly, it struck. It took out my entire rear guard in one bite. It was a horrendous sight. I tried to get the survivors to the caves, but they finally lost it. They dropped their packs and ran for the rendezvous point. The Maw took them all out, one by one. I hid behind some large boulders to avoid detection, and it must have worked. I survived.” Shepard closed his eyes, and felt the coolness of his tears, flowing down his cheek. “It was a h-horrendous sight. All those m-men dying, and i-it was because I f-f-failed to lead them.” He shut his eyes to drive away the tears.

Try to separate it a bit so it's easier reading. :)

At least you had one person speak in the same paragraph.
AugustinianFrog chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Somehow, the Quarian seems to be the only sane woman on the ship with the least emotional issues and yet she escaped Bioware for any romantic options. I was wondering when someone would finally piece a fic like this together. Very good.