Reviews for All that Glitters
Rhea Silverkeys chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Hello! I am finally reading through the entries for the challenge.

Wow, I really like the beginning. It's written really well and I was immediately drawn into the story. I don't know the fandom at all, so I'm a bit confused by the character names, but it's okay. And is King the ship, who talks to him?

*reads some more*

*finishes reading*

I really enjoyed this. It was written well and you caught my attention, you've even got me interested in finding out what this fandom is about! Very nice piece, and you used the gold theme nicely, it wasn't just in the trinket but in the whole atmosphere of it. I did find it odd that you didn't italise what King was saying, though...
Satine89 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
A very sweet little one-shot. I really enjoy the "character moment" stories that no one seems to do, and this was a very well-written one. The color was weaved in seamlessly - it was as if gold was just meant for this fandom, anyway, with the Triforce and all. I was a little worried when I started, thinking, "oh great, another Link/Tetra fic", but it turned out to be something entirely different. Good job!
LittleRedDog chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
The fandom is also unknown to me, but this is written in such a magical voice, it's intriguing. I do see the gold; glittering and dancing in the strong ocean light, which enlivens gold more so than light on land.

"Only he was a man served by monsters, and who would monsters serve but one of their own kind?" What a neat line!

One question? When the King speaks you don't use italics or quotes, is there a reason for that?
SMARTALIENQT chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I sort of know who Link is... kind of. And since you wrote it so well, I actually understood the plot! I liked how you worked gold in, and the ending was great! Nice job!

-SMARTALIENQT :)
miarath chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Hmm, couragegold, interesting Idea and I like this definition of gold a lot. I mean it's better than in the LOTR, there gold stands for temptation to evil. So, I really like this, though I do not know the fandom. Although I have a question: Is the king standing near him or how do they talk to each other?