Reviews for Smoke and Moonlight
XquidditchxbeaterX chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
realistic. i especially like the last line.
RahRahReplica chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
The end of the taller man’s cigarette blazes as he inhales, stealing the stark orange of the streetlamp across the rutted road.

I love that
Toshiko Sato chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Very sad, and very good.
ttfn.tahtahfornow chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Oh my God. So sad and so lovely. The last line was just great.

]
Lune-Solei chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Guh. ::flails about slightly:: It's not fluffy, it's rather verging on angsty but it's so wonderful and magnificent! I love the images and the dialogue and the end just GOT me for some reason that I can't really figure out. The characterization was spot on for me. Brilliant really. Magnificent. Fantastic job with the whole thing.
evizyt chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
I don't really know what to say... I haven't read very much slash before, but that was really beautiful. I loved every bit of it.
Alyssa Laine chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Wow. That was incredible. It was so original and new and different. I absolutely loved it. You're a terrific writer. This was brilliant.
Mistyquest chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
I normally try to avoid slash fics, but this is so tasteful! I really really enjoyed it. I got so in to it I thought it was real for a second. Splendidful job, Tierfal!
rekahneko chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
I love the mood of this piece.

It really sets a sort of melancholic not-quite-sad sort of a feeling that works so well with the characters.

Well done!
vampassassin chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Despite Sirius' grumpiness and general angst, this made me smile :) I like those two together :D
hand2sorrow chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
I loved it. The characterizations were great. It was so dark and sad...which actually is what I absolutely enjoy reading for some odd reason. lol Well done.
Mahsa FF chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Absolutely beautiful. You're a very gifted writer. *runs off to check your other stories*
Slytherins Kick ASS chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Oh, man, I love that last line. It's absolutely perfect. Rather like the rest of this fic, actually...
la-rubinita chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
This made me pensive. I had to sleep on it before I found the words to review, and I'm still not entirely sure they're adequate.

Their relationship is melancholy and convenient, but still beautiful in bleak sort of way. Does that make any sense? They just seem so lost and confused, like they're looking for something but aren't sure what and don't know where to begin.

"... to prove there's someone else out there." - I think this describes their current relationship perfectly.

"flower-strewn felicity..." - I really liked this turn of phrase. Perhaps it's the alliteration.

"Scars shine on Remus’s back, like wax in relief." - You make it sound like his scars define him, which, I think, they do to an extent.

"Their insistent glowing eyes..." Creepy *shivers*

"He tosses himself down next to Remus, just close enough. He’s good at things like that." - I'm not really sure why I liked this line so much. I think it speaks to how Sirius had once been idolised, and how Remus still feels a little of that admiration, even if it's buried away.

My very favourite: "Sirius glances at the sky, which has most of Remus’s attention, which would indicate that there’s something there to look at." - Sirius affects a cynicism that borders on hostility, but he sees Remus differently, even if he doesn't know it. I think this line shows that. Despite what the world's done to them, somewhere inside they're still Moony and Padfoot.

Wow, so I just read all that over, and I hope I haven't over-thought all of this. If I did, I hope it at least makes you laugh. As ever, another wonderful piece. It amazes me how you can write something as silly and amusing as 'Her and Me' and 'Enigmaticness Abounds' and then write something as thought-provoking as this. Very well done. I can't wait for whatever's next!
Jenwryn chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Angst and slashiness and smoking!Sirius... all make me a very happily little reader! :D