|Reviews for Luna's Fenway Day|
| Matt Guthrie chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Under normal circumstances I'd say something like, "Go home Luna. You're drunk." But considering how this is Luna we're talking about, coupled with the fact that it's her first baseball game, I'd cut her some slack.
"Do they kidnap Red Sox fans and use them for human sacrifices?" That made me laugh so hard. I highly doubt any sports fans out there are THAT evil.
That one Yankees fan has a lot of nerve going to Fenway Park. I'd like to see him one-up that by going to a Philadelphia Eagles game in a Giants jersey. He might not even make it out alive. haha
I'm not a Red Sox fan, but I sympathize with their complaints about the Yankees. That team is living proof that baseball needs a salary cap. It's ridiculous that they pay some of their players more than the entire Houston Astros team. Oh yeah, and their fans, for their entitled attitude, are the third most annoying fan base in sports. My top five most annoying list goes like this:
5. Florida State fans. Contrary to what my fanfiction profile says, I live in Florida. As such, I have to put up with this group a lot. Sometimes it seems like all they really do is launch unprovoked attacks on the Gators. I just want to tell those losers to get a life. Seriously.
4. Philadelphia Eagles fans. This only applies to their fans who live in Philly. By and large, they're just very mean-spirited individuals. You know it's bad when fathers pat their six-year-olds on the back and say "good job" when the kids just flipped off Andy Reid. It's not entirely his fault both incarnations of their "dream team" fell flat.
3. Yankees fans. As I said before, they're very entitled individuals for the most part. Nobody's going to hand you a championship just because you "paid for it". These idiots need to get that through their thick skulls.
2. L.A. Lakers fans. These are some of the whiniest people on the planet. Seriously. Your team has all this history of dominance, and has seemingly never been irrelevant. So stop whining every time anything goes wrong.
1. SEC football fans. Oh my word. Another group I have to put up with a lot. The arrogance of these people knows no bounds. This is especially true for Alabama fans. Believe it or not, there are actually teams from outside the SEC that have a chance at the BCS title. It isn't just the SEC and a bunch of other schools who just so happen to also play football. Like with the Yankees fans, these guys need to get a very important truth about the sports world though their thick skulls.
So what would you say are the five most annoying fanbases in sports?
Okay...Now that I'm done venting, this story is hilarious. Favoriting this right now. And in conclusion, A-Rod can get an STD from a porcupine for all I care. haha
| Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
One spelling error seen: "You're very first baseball game..." (should be 'your').
Thanks for your reviews of my latest story, JJ! In turn, I decided to check out one of your Jimmy stories. Interesting that Luna has married Dean, considering there was no chemistry between them in 'The Deathly Hallows' - but it works for this story.
As someone who has no experience of American baseball, this was interesting - and I loved Luna's fish-out-of-water perspective of encouraging, NOT dissing, a team player who's not performing well. A useful lesson to learn. And the human sacriface comment from Luna made me laugh! : )
| Ferretess xxx chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Yes, the Red Sox won! ...Was this even a real game? I love all Boston sports teams too! Anyway, I'm glad Luna saved the day! Great job on this. :)
| Hbag chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Although Red Sox-Yankees is the biggest rivalry in baseball, Cards-Cubs is the biggest in the NL. Could you please do a story involving that rivalry?
| Isolde136 chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
YES. just... YES
| k chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
love this story! RED SOX ROCK!
| ZenJack chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Sweet! A-Rod sucks.
| Always Running The Labyrinth chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Ahaha, good story! I'm a big sox fan, and i can picture luna happily pouring soda on Manny...thogh the sox fans would be les angry at this point!
| Chaotic Inverse chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Someone over at the Sober Universe recommended this story and a bunch of others and I'm really happy I read it. I've never been interested in baseball but this was absolutely hilarious. I'll definitely go to a game if anything as exciting as this happens.
| happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
When I saw a story about Luna at a baseball game I just couldn't resist. I once had a very hard time trying to explain the rules of baseball to a Brit who was sane! Your take on Luna's character was right on the money. Maybe next time they will try to get seats further from the field.
| Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Hahahahahahahahahah! This is hilarious! I love it!
| jnglkat chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Ah, love this. Luna was spot on. I loved the way it began with the discussion about the Green Monster (ahem, Green Creature).
Luna and Manny would get along very well. Man, I kinda miss Manny despite everything.
Well, go Sox!
| QueenoftheClumsyDorks chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
As a fellow Red Sox fan I have to say I have never read anything so funny in my life. Just wow.
| lcopperfield chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Ooh, what a riot! Well-written, very colorful (loved Luna's puzzlement at the famed Green Monster). I was laughing so hard, I nearly fell out of my chair-and yes, I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan and an even bigger fan of one Mr. Daisuke Matsuzaka! Nothing like taking a good laugh at the old Boston-New York rivalry, lol. Great fun!
| Aeshan chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
I love Boston, I love the Red Sox, I love Fenway Park, and I absolutely loved your Luna and this entire story. Thanks for sharing it.