Reviews for We'll Carry On
GoldenShinyWireOfHope chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I really like this. I think it's a really good event to look at in more detail, because it would have been a real dilemna for Sephiroth. I love the way you've woven the encounter with Angeal at the end of the Wutai war into it and used it to explain Sephiroth's final decision.
monitorscreen chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Inspiring. Fitting, insightful snapshot.
NoBuddy chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Hmm, if your story is placed between ch2 and 3 of CC, then the war wasn't over at the time. If I remember well, Zack was only mentioning the war's end in ch4, right before being called by Sephiroth in Lazard's office for the second time, to be given the mission to kill Angeal and Genesis on sight. You probably confounded the two times when he was called there?

By the way, one interesting thing: have you noticed that at the end of ch4, when Angeal sends Zack through the plate to Aerith's church, we aren't told what happens further on in the game with Seph and Gen inside the reactor? It seems Seph just lets Genesis go free, he doesn't try to catch him at all, the big softie! Guess he never even told back at ShinRa that he met him there.
Kazaam chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
I like how you combined Seph's memory with why he refused that mission and sent Zack in his place! That really worked well.

Aw, the conversation was so sad! And poor Seph being so bitter... The line about him only ever being able to believe in himself really made it sound like he thinks he was never really able to believe in Angeal and Genesis! Or never should have. So sad!

**amused at the part about Angeal being a dog person and Seph not being an animal person at all.**

And aw! It was so touching that Seph wanted Genesis to know that he's still cared about! Though it makes it so much worse knowing how things turn out.

And poor Zack! He's gonna be going through some tough times! **hugs Zack and Seph.**
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Ooh... oh yeah, this is really sad. That stretch in the middle where it's mostly dialogue is good; really, really good. You were able to work in a lot of emotion with minimal words, and it just really worked for the overall tone of this ficlit, and how distant Sephiroth and Angeal have become from each other.

Artic Virus chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Aw dang, Seph...It must be tough watching your two best friends standing on the other side. :/

But luckily Seph has a little puppy who will without a doubt grow on him! :3
cloudstrifejen chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
How sad... Sephiroth being alone just to avoid being hurt. I extremely confirm that Sephiroth is more human than anyone else!
Ayuka86 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Wow. It really explains a lot. Good job.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Aww, poor Seph... it must have been so difficult for him to have that conversation with Angeal... but I loved how they were discussing Zack!

And speaking of Zack... aww! It's going to be difficult for him to chase those two down, but hopefully, there's very little that will cause him to stop speaking to Seph!