Reviews for April Fool
Miss Savvy chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
That was incredibly well written; enjoyed it very much - especially so with how you wrote the Joker. Fantastic work, (:
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
A great story. Very good.
The Gay Cowboy Apocalypse chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Woah. That was amazing. .
attack-on-tina chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Ah... Do you love the Joker? I kind of wish he would take ME hostage... That would be pretty awesome... Well, awesome job! D
TheBlackCatCrossing chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Hey there, this was so deep and thought provoking. It's nice to see a little tweaking here and there. It makes the original 'richer' even if it didn't make the final cut _~

Oh, by the way, before I clicked the review, I saw your page. I am the girl you sent the Ace Frehley pictures from the concert on your DA. I know this sounds awkward and I never got a chance to say thank you, also because I am a lazy. Thanks for the photos. I hope this review makes up for my cold silence.

Brava! Into the archives it goes!
Anicomicgeek chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Pretty nice work. Having recently read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, I got to admit I didn't think a whole lot about how that day went for Pearl. Nice job on it and her reaction is pretty understandable (I'd be scared to if I were in

Arkham during those events).

Some things could use some work, but otherwise pretty good job.:)
LameBicycle98 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Excellent! This is really well done. I love the way you portray the Joker (I haven't read the Arkham Asylum comic that this is from so I have no idea what is from the comic and what is your own interpretation) as a tenderly cruel, insane figure. I think that totally ups his creepy factor, making him not merely a killing machine but someone who plays on human emotions so skillfully - the kiss, the dance, the caress of the thumb - all of this adds to a chilling image which is both frightening and fascinating.

I of course want to add a level of romance to pretty much everything I read (I'm lame that way) and of course I imagine that the Joker is somewhat attracted to Pearl, maybe even as just a plaything, but still. He could have chosen anyone to accompany him and he seemed to go pretty easy on her, merely breaking a finger when he could have gouged her eyes out, so I'm going to think my happy thoughts about it.

I know this is complete, and it works great as a one-shot, but of course I would absolutely love it if you continued this and explored the relationship (I'm such a sap, I know I know) in a way like, does Pearl go back to work there (I imagine they pay pretty well) or would the Joker go looking for her after one of his many escapes? Just a thought, and even if you don't I really like what you've done here, and at the very least I am more than inspired to go find the original comic and peruse. But if you do wish to continue on, I am more than willing to read. Thanks a bunch!
princessebee chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
This is MUCH better - a vast improvement over the original. Love the scene where he kills the two guards. I'm pleased you took my suggestion about the broken finger - it works really well here. Especially as momentarily we think nothing will happen. I meant to say in my first review, more about the picture she was drawing would be good - what does she draw with her mind in that state? And how does Joker react to it - maybe even use it to mess with her?

VERY sexy, more sexy than the original. Yet you manage to not make it seem like a Mary Sue self-insertion - I guess because she is still terrified, and still a hostage and we know she's nothing to him but someone to mess with. How she looks pretty covered with blood - purs!

There are a few places where you describe what happens, places I feel could be done better with dialogue - her first person account of the telephone call to Batman and what comes after. Remember, show, don't tell.

Great job! Sexy and thrilling story. Great characterisation of J and interesting concept.

Also, you don't need to delete and repost stories if you change them - just re-upload the changed document, edit your story and select 'replace chapter with' and then choose the new document.