Reviews for Crushing Petals
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Oh wow! I have the perfect song to go along with this story, "If I Fall" by Katie Trotter. If you can and have iTunes, you should give it a listen.

Eerie how I happened to be listening to it as I read through this wonderful vignette of Connor's return. I've often wondered how that return, after the hiatus with his family, would be. Would the others trust him implicitly? Would they avoid him, or try to act as nothing had changed? I figure Powell would look on him differently, but I doubt he'd tell even Nat the state he found Connor in in that hotel.

This is a wonderful look at the starkness of futility and frustration that is waging war in Connor upon return. And you, as always, brilliantly capture Connor's strength and frailty. Bravo.

More? Mel wants more of Conor's return in any little onshots you may think up!
Dr Whatsit chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
'This is not me, he vowed to the crushed petal in his open palm. It drifted away, a mutilated corpse following gravity to a grave of grass.'

In a way, the story isn't so sad. I think the ending gave it wonderful justice. He's not too old to change. This was great...
Radiant Mistress chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
And I see that you did post this, and I am glad that you did. It seems that Connor learned something through James' death and the events after Colima. For that I am glad, and I hope that it was just paranoia and that HIS faith in the others is restored (himself as well). Well written as always, and I hope for more in the future.

Radiant.