Reviews for Being Them
hpjkrowling4ever chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I love this fic so much. I know that this is the first chapter, but I've read it so many times and I've only just reviewed. I have also written/am posting a fic similar to this one and I am looking for fics such as this to inspire me, but this one is really very good and very inspiring. I didn't imagine Albus the way you described him but you convinced me it was the right way. This is amazing!
VanillaMostly chapter 19 . 7/2/2013
Hey Ramzes,

Just want to let you know how much I love this series! Wow. Especially the minor characters no one usually cares about (but I do!) My favorite, hands-down, has got to be the story of Alicia and Lee. I'm also amazed how you can read my mind on Rose and Scorpius - THANK YOU FOR THAT!

I don't know if you would ever plan to continue this series... but if you do I'd be very happy I'd love to see you write some Slytherins.
JJ Rust chapter 21 . 9/27/2010
Another good character study. Great start with a very young Bill growing up during the war, and how at first he sees his mother's overprotecting manner as a "She just doesn't want me to be happy" thing. But 5 or 6-year-olds can be self-absorbed, so that attitude is believable.

Good job showing how being an authority figur came naturally to him, and why he wanted to work in Egypt. I guess with so many people constantly around, it might be stifling to some.

I liked your examination of Bill's feelings over his mother's attitude toward Fleur, something that wasn't even looked at in the books, and how close Bill came to being the second Weasley to turn his back on his family. I do think there could have been a little more mentioned about the start of Bill and Fleur's relationship, and maybe why he decided to grow his hair long and wear dragon earrings.

A couple typos I caught: "u8ncles" should be "uncles"

"His scars doesn't bother him" should be "His scars don't bother him."

Again, you do an excellent job with all these character studies. Keep up the good work.
JJ Rust chapter 20 . 9/26/2010
Oh man, my apologies for not realizing until today you have some updates to this story.

Good job. Angelina always struck me as one tough witch, but you did a very good job in peeling away her armor and showing her insecurites, especially when she was made Quidditch captain and how it changes her relationship with her friends. Brilliant stuff there.

The stuff about her being a mother and dealing with Roxanne's illness was very well done. You really brought out how rough things were for Angelina, from admitting she sometimes didn't love her daughter to being resentful of the way Molly cares for Roxanne. Once again, you did a good job rounding out a Harry Potter secondary character.

Some typos I caught: "Merlin forbids" should be "Merlin forbid"

"it drifts an edge between her and her friends" should be "it causes an edge between her and her friends"

"he has the rights" should be "he has the right"

Nice to see some new chapters up. Keep up the good work.
pathsforme chapter 6 . 9/13/2010
Beautifully stories you've written. I love Al's story. He is so much like his own father. Albus only ever wants to be just "Al" like Harry wanted to be "Just Harry". I like that he is the Keeper, protector of the family.
SarcasticallyTroublesomeGirl chapter 20 . 5/10/2010
Wow I really liked this chapter. And I was so glad to see an update. Very nice. I loved that a lot of secrets were common. A lot of these things were understandable. The thing with Roxy, I can...kinda relate and yeah just really good chapter
Aimael chapter 20 . 4/27/2010
Good chapter :)

Angelina came across a bit... harsh, there at the end with Roxanne. No, not harsh, but unsympathetic (is that the right word? -.-). I don't know if that was your intention. In that case; never mind, good job. If not, I don't know what you should do to change it anyway The scene with Teddy was cute, however. And the section with "girl talk" with Alicia in the beginning was great.

Don't worry about being late. Almost everyone here is. No one that matters cares anymore - it just becomes a pleasant surprise each time you see a new chapter of a story.

Lixie Lorn chapter 20 . 4/26/2010

You know, this is essentially canon in my eyes.

~Felix Lorn of CRITIC, also known as General Everin Stormclaw of the Many Titles, High Priest of the Crazy Hand, Master of the Emerald Stars and Acolyte of the New Chu Order, Dragon Prince and the Sixth Sutakage, Bearer of the Prophecy and the Moonrider, Commander of the Blood Talons and the Last Hairlander, S/He Who Knows and Servant To That Which Waits, Senshi of the Many Moons and Sailor Elara, Scion of Bramimond and He Who Lulz With Cats, The Kinetic Impact and the Red Fist, the Ninja Hippo and She Who Has Glee, Seer of Callan and Master of the Bishie Plane, Priestess of the Numberless Gods and Keeper of the EXY Borderline, Harbinger of the Unreal and Sorceress of the Unknown, Master of the Five Styles and Prophet of the Shipping Goddess, Dancer of the Wind, Fangirl Among Fangirls and Defier of Birth and Nature, Walker of the Thousand Paths and She Who Only Seeks Home, out.
JJ Rust chapter 19 . 1/9/2010
Great stuff! I like when writers take these "minor" characters and breathe life into them, and boy did you do that with Alicia. Poor girl. You really brought out the fact she had sort of a miserable life, especially with her one brother being a squib, but good touch with him fending off the Death Eaters with a sword. And good job showing her dissatisfaction with George and Angelina getting together. Her anger about what this will do to Lee is very believable.

As always, awesome job of delving deep into these characters' psyches. Keep up the good work.
Kelsbury chapter 19 . 12/30/2009
I love your story, you give each character their own personality and make them real :-D

My fave though is the George's family. I think his children are adorable and I just wanna squish Roxanne, Im glad that she gets better!

Keep going, this is brilliant!

SarcasticallyTroublesomeGirl chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
Wow this chapter was sadder than usual. And it's odd because I always thought of Alicia as a happy cheerful person. But this is cool because it gives another side to her, makes her more dimensional. I like it a lot. And I'm so glad you updated! I look forward to the next one.
msllamalover chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Devestating, but your last line was right! I loved the idea that she had a twin, so she resented Fred and George so much, but they grow closer. The incident with her, Jay and the Death Eaters was wonderful; Jay was a great character generally! I liked that he and Katie were sort of into each other (and I got from it that she died, which was so sad!), and the very real way that Lee's affections changed. I love what you did with Alicia, she was such a sweetie!
Lixie Lorn chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Whooah. You have one S ranked Backstory no Jutsu.

(That probably means nothing to you. XD It's a large compliment)

~General Everin Stormclaw of the Many Titles, High Priest of the Crazy Hand, Master of the Emerald Stars and Acolyte of the New Chu Order, Dragon Prince and the Sixth Sutakage, Bearer of the Prophecy and the Moonrider, Commander of the Blood Talons and the Last Hairlander, S/He Who Knows and Servant To That Which Waits, Senshi of the Many Moons and Sailor Elara, Scion of Bramimond, out.
Aimael chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Thank you for not making this chapter about Harry at all. I mean it.

Love the idea of Lee/Alicia, but not so much George/Angelina. I don't know why, I just... don't. Don't take it personally, okay?

And her twin, Jay, was great. As was David. But I liked the idea in particular that Jay was Muggle and she was a Witch.

SarcasticallyTroublesomeGirl chapter 18 . 9/28/2009
Wow I really love this chapter. Sirius was always one of my favorite adults and I always loved RemusxSirius (friendhip!) its so adorable lol. I can see the Bellatrix-Sirius relationship too. I love how you invent things that nobody really thinks of and they fit perfectly into the story. Anyways, GREAT chapter and I hope you update soon. :)