Reviews for Pebbles in a Pond
ApprenticeMagic chapter 1 . 3/15
I had my doubts about this one, but it's written beautifully and I'm glad you told this story.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
A great story. Very well written.
BlindingFirefly chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
This was amazingly written. You stayed in the style of Tolkein, which is no easy thing to do. I'm thoroughly impressed. I had never thought of how Eowyn might be towards her children and grandchildren. I also like how the children were named for their ancestors. Well done!
EmEx chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
It was a very well thought, beautiful story. Thanks for writing it.
Gogol chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
This is... good. Very good, actually. But I do have a few objections. My main one is that, as I believe another reviewer pointed out, this is mostly a more detailed retelling of the courtship as written in the book, and that diminished my interest in it, though I really liked your presentation of Eowyn and her desires.

The other nitpick was just that I feel that sometimes the language gets a little /too/ archaic. And wouldn't Elessar still be fairly hale? He is of the blood of Numenor, after all, and reigned for more than a hundred years years, deciding to die, furthermore, when he was still relatively strong instead of clinging to life until he was weak and miserable.

But all in all, this is very nice indeed.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
A lovely little story; from a period of time in the Fourth Age that we don't see much of - the old age of Eowyn.

I've often thought that the over-riding emotion in Eowyn as she faced the Witch-King was not despair or frustration, but the love of her uncle, and a determination to protect what was left of him from further depredation by a demon and its beast. There would have been fear, too; but I think that love gave her the most strength (well, that, and many hours practicing sword-work).

The following line does not quite ring true to me: "Even the lesser lords of Ithilien were in awe of him." Faramir is not the type of man to be a tyrant, or isolate himself, but I think that the "Even" is unnecessary. Faramir is liege-lord to the lesser lords of Ithilien; that alone would draw their respect, and, since Faramir is naturally superior in intelligence and that certain air of wizards that Pippin once remarked, not to mention a talent for drawing admiration, it would be natural that at least some of the lesser lords of Ithilien would be in awe of Faramir.

But that is a relatively small quibble. The story is quite good; with a wonderful ending that manages to be both storybookish and credible at the same time.
jerseygirl12247 chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I really like that. You're good at writing that kind of stuff.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
A beautiful and moving story.
Telcontar Rulz chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I think you've captured the essence of Faramir and Eowyn's romance perfectly. The last paragraph made me feel like crying.
Darthishtar chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
*sighofhappiness.* Wonderful retelling of that story and great insights. I enjoyed the dynamics.
Jessica Wolf chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Aw, that was a very good story. I like your writing style, and the way that you tell the events. I also like the characters. Very nice, and no one is OOC. Yay! :D Excellent work!
OnyxDrake chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This is very sweetly done. There were a few spots where I felt that the pace faltered, but overall this was a strong read. No nit-pick and I feel that you've managed to convey the sense of Tolkien's writing with this.
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Story: 8.5/10. A lot of it is retelling, but it is a good retelling. I really like the conclusion that Finduilas comes to in the end.

Characters: 9/10. I think that you've pretty well nailed Eowyn. The other characters are interesting as well, though I would perhaps like to see just a teeny bit more of the main character's personality.

Creativity: 8.75/10. I haven't read a lot of fics like this and, at the same time it fits in well with the canon.

Writing: 9.25/10. Really good job imitating Tolkien's style, though of course his style can be a little hard to get used to.

Believability: 9.25/10. I can easily see this scene being in the books themselves. It is very true to the spirit of the books.

Overall: 9/10. Really well written fic that is very true to the books, though I occasionally feel like I'm reading a bunch of stuff that I already know.
Polgara16 chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
That was beautiful, I was on the verge of tears!

Polgara16