Reviews for Desolate
sandysea17 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Wow what an excellent story!
Can't wait to read your next story :D
JJScottishGirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Very good! I enjoyed the insight into Natalie's thoughts - this is one of my favourite episodes.
Zaedah chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Okay, so I fed the muse late... but sustainence is on the way!

We had a long conversation about all this prior to posting, didn't we? We're a bunch of geeks, that much is clear! But I was aghast that no mention of the hug was originally going to make it in here. That, for we sappy sorts, was the entire point of this eppy's existence.

But you brought the hug, not for the sake of sap, but as a devise for understanding of Nat's frame of mind. "...if he had rebutted her touch, then surely he could not be a delusion imposed upon her by her tired mind." She needed the normal to remind herself that this was not a living nightmare. And he didn't do what she expected. And rather than being pleasant, it deepened the fear. I mean, how original can ya get?

So besides allowing my hug to find a little home here, you made it a point of study, something that can be realized as possible when you watch the eppy (or see all the screen caps you sent me!) The sap in me is satisfied!
SarahKathryn chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
i like it. it's funny to find a story about this show even after three years!
Radiant Mistress chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
I rewatched Ice Station after reading this, and it had an eerie and forbidding feeling to it. It made me think of what the surroundings actually were and the events. I would have been scared out of my ever loving mind if I were stuck up there.

The hug portion of the story, it was done so well. It gave a new light to the actual thing. Altered my perceptions a bit.

The ending was great as well, the last two paragraphs eased the tension that had built up in a believable way. Good job.

Radiant.