Reviews for Open Season
buildingcamelot chapter 1 . 4/13
Just wanted you to know- I first read this story years ago and it actually stuck with me, and I remembered it as being on of the best pieces of wee!winchester stuff that I had run! I stumbled upon it again today and it was absolutely as good as I remembered. You captured each secondary character in a distinctive way- well done!
Hunnique chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
A trip to the happy land of far from the Apocalypse too. Great story. I loved Sam's train of thought and when Dean gets in the coach's face. I was cheering:)
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
That was really good!
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Great story. No monsters - except the human kind - but a lovely thumbnail sketch of Sam and Dean, the early years.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I love it! Such a great look at both the boys and the idea of Sam in high school. Of course someone would want him to play basketball! Excellent!
dress without sleeves chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Oh. OH. I loved it. I loved Dean, particularly, even though Sam was more of the main squeeze.

So well done.
amyblair chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Really liked Dean's analogy of school - like minefields and tripwires

Jack? Joe? Billy Bob? Funny.

Loved Sam thinking about community service and how hunting Supernatural had to be cs in the purest form.

Liked the statement of where the lines were drawn between us and them.

LOVED Dean's reaction as he watched Sam play basketball.

It gave me a little bit of a Karate Kid feel in this, with of course twists and Winchester charm.

I think this is the last of your stuff I have had to read. It has been such a joy reading your stories. You have a very unique style and you don't seem to be nervous to tackle really anything. I like your approach and how you give what I would think is your own voice in these stories.

You write is fun and flirtatious and daring.

It's been a pleasure. I look forward to more.
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Nice study of small towns and Winchesters in them. Simply and elegantly written. Thanks!

Phoebe
Katiki chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
"Had it with the angsty Hell!fic? Wanna take a trip to the happy land of denial, far, far away from the Deal and all its repercussions? You’ve come to the right place."

This was indeed the right place, thank you! It was a joy to read. I loved seeing how the boys dealt with being stuck in a small town. Your rendition of younger Sam and Dean rang very true. I felt like this is what their relationship must've been like at 16 and 20; the protective big brother/smart little brother dynamic was still there, but under a realistic layer of less mature ball-busting.
Trish62 chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Holy crap, that was good. I have read so many mediocre stories lately that I'd forgotten what a good one looked like. Seriously, I don't know where to start. I loved the dialog, loved the characters, loved the pacing, loved the whole enchilada. Everything was so in character - loved Dean hanging with the old coots, the glass eyeball! Loved the way you wrote Sam, not too wimpy, yet really human, slightly nauseous on the bench. I can't say enough- REALLY WELL DONE!