Reviews for Giants & Sprouts
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
What a sweet trip down memory lane. I love how you wrote the brothers as they remembered some good times from their childhood.

Maybe John in his own way was trying to give his sons a chance just to be boys, even if it was under the pretense that he couldn't take them hunting. (I know over analyzing)

But with all the dark fics on right now, that I don't want to read, it is nice to find one to that makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This warm, gentle and beautiful story filled with memories is going right into my Favs. Especially loved the twilight in the corn, "all snap and growl," and the affectionate mudslinging at the end. Thanks for sharing!
bhoney chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I really liked this. Nice to see the boys enjoying a normal summer, for once. Very bittersweet, now that Jim's gone. And nice banter!

Thanks, too, for sticking to the level of language they use in the show. I always appreciate that.

You did a great job setting the scene, I could really picture it in my mind's eye. I think I'll add this one to my faves.
lembas7 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
*happy sigh*

That was definitely perfect. :-)
mariethorne chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This was a cute little story, it's a little sad to remembering their past. It was funnt sam making fun of Dean being short. GOOD job.
kittennz chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Wow. I really loved your story. It is a breath of fresh air to other fics I've been reading lately. The dialogue seems so natural and real. Your descriptions were very evocative and I personally loved the description of the corn fields. It really felt like a road trip where you leave everything behind you saddened by the knowledge that this moment will never come again but accepting and moving on to the unknown future. This story is a gem.
may7fic chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Ah, what a glorious breath of fresh air and innocence this is, despite the melancholy.

Compared to the s3 finale, that is ;)

Just loved this, Jenn. Glorious atmosphere, beautifully descriptive, I felt as though the route was as familiar to me as to Dean. Loved the dialogue between the boys. Perfectly "them" and so very brotherly.

This made me laugh...

“Me? Never. It’s simply not possible.”

This is so perfectly Dean and yet I have to ask... Were you channeling Buck Wilmington here? *g* I always thought Dale Midkiff would've made an awesome Winchester uncle. John's brother or cousin, maybe?

I truly loved this, Jenn. Thanks so much for sharing it as soon as you were able to. It is a much welcome treat!
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Elves... Pre-christian vegetation gods... I'm seeing a pattern here :)

But I think "mutant beanpole" is my fave.
HAP chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
I loved the brotherly banter in this fic - especially at the end. Sam certainly enjoys being the taller little brother! It's nice to think that they had some great memories staying with Jim. It's a pity we didn't see more of him in the show, because when I read fics like this, I can really see it as canon.

Great fic.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Aw. That was great. Sad, but cute and funny at the same time. Really enjoyed it. Well done.
Kansas42 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
that's a really cute story. i love everything about it-sam's concern over dean, dean remembering pastor jim's-all of it's really well-balanced, nothing too over the top. i especially like the insults at the end. mutant beanpole, heh. if you ever decided to write weechester stories about those memories, say, dean punching pastor jim in the face . . . well, i'd be interested. that's all i'm saying.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Aw, Jen, this was so sweet. And how fitting for such a zine. I felt nostalgic, homesick, and happy all at once. Kinda made me miss the sibs. Thanks so much for posting. I always look forward to yours.
helinahandcart chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
That was so sweet really lovely and gentle and believable..
28 | « Prev Page 1 2