Reviews for Be Still
gabelou1991 chapter 1 . 7/26
Amber chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
How cute n sweet ;3;
FantasticalMusical chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
"The sullen glow a lit cigarette, a useless breath of smoke staining the air.". Wonderful sad but so good!
Artemislecter chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
This tugged at my heart. Extremely well-written. Well done.
Hikoru Aniki chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Very interesting, and enjoyable. It was a bit simple, and some of the preliminary paragraphs were packed a bit too densely to make it flow, but you hit your stride near the middle. Buffy's feelings were captured very well without any overly dense descriptions, which was impressive. The dialogue was able to clearly convey it without smothering the reader. I liked the line "If you really loved me, you would kill me." It worked very nicely.

The ending felt a bit awkward and stilted starting with "And that's how...", but Spike's ending lines and description was good, although the idea of him crying in front of the rest of the gang is a bit far-fetched.

Overall, well done.
Japanese and Chocolate chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
That was really good! (If slightly dark)
ForeverYoungFairy chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Buffy's thoughts are heartbreaking.
Rachel chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
This is a very impressive story - beautifully written, and very moving. Thanks so much! My only suggestion would be to go over it once more for spelling - it's so hard to catch small things when you've read it so many times yourself, I know, but a few small errors (like "stars" for "stares" and "could of" instead of "could have") are a bit distracting. But top notch work - I can't wait to read your other stories...
Anne chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
I'm working my way through your stories, you have a flair for BTVS darker edge.;) Wonderful story, I had these sorts of senarios of suicidal Buffy banging around my head this season too. Great job. You seem to understand the strange attraction that these two characters have. Great insight!
becky chapter 1 . 11/3/2001
This was a really awesome story. The words you used were just beautiful.
Havoc chapter 1 . 10/10/2001
Zero, liked your advice and gave it a try. Tell me what you think. H.
zero chapter 1 . 10/10/2001
Ouch. Truly gut-wrenching, and beautiful use of the language. I could do without the poem - it's an excellent piece, but I'd rather read it all at once (say at the end of the story?) instead of having it fed piecemeal and letting it interrupt the flow of the story itself. Just a suggestion. This is a great piece of fiction, and I hope you'll continue to share more gems like this one in the future.
spooky chapter 1 . 10/9/2001
wow! amazing! i'm speachless!
luxe chapter 1 . 10/8/2001
sick and perfect and hypnotic. i adore margaret atwood, too. thanks for posting this; after 'bargaining, pt. 1', this scenario suddenly seems a likely possibility, no?
sangga chapter 1 . 10/8/2001
what a great piece! concise and clever and pragmatic - getting to the heart of the psychological issues, and still maintaining a nice hold on description and visceral stuff. i liked this a lot, hope you write more. good job.