Reviews for Cruelty
Pheonix09 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
That was excellent and amusing, I loved it and awesome job
Kyae chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Awwh - sooo kawaii
Tabbyprincess chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Hahaha...the Mabudachi trio in school...funfunfun!

Well done!
Tuliharja chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Interesting. At first I was scaring the fact what Shigure would say. Did he truly think Hatori and Ayame as his friends or not? I'm glad it turned out like that. I think, that showed he really cared them. Even they were pretty cruel to each others...but that's was probably what real friends do; tease others, knowing it won't hurt telling the truth.

They all were so in characters. I loved the way how you could show Shigure's both sides, even he was a kid. That probably showed it best, how he pointed out they should be 'nicer' to other people. Ayame's reaction for it was golden. xD

It was pretty funny how in the end they made their nicknames and Hatori was fully against it. That was just so...Hatori! xD

Loved it.
sweetfiresnow chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
LOL I rather liked the ending. It was interesting.
Jaque Weasley chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Luv it, luv it, luv it,luv it! \\**/

I want more...BUt I believe it's not possible... Poor me i.i

Shigure is the best, the part when he comes back,I was imaginin' he would say something so depressing...But it wouldnot be him,right? xD

HSUAHSUAHSUAHSUA

Great fic, by the way heheh BD

ja neo/
Adeptis chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Good story.
Azure Teriques chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
I love it! Ish cute. .
crazylittlecheezer chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
This was an adorable little fic! Great job! Loved it!
Maskelle chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
I forgot to review0o0 I really like how you described their relationship. Hm, a lot of people think that friendship is always shown in ways of hugging and being friendly. As long as the people who are your friends know that you care, making harsh and mean jokes about each other should be okay. Loved it and thank you for writing it!
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Somehow, I think I forgot to review this. Well, I loved it: so in-character, so funny, and a nice twist with the girl. Not to mention we finally learned where those nicknames came from. ;) Also, I like how you tied in the title. When I saw the genre was humor, my first thought was, "Why is this fic titled Cruelty, then?" You made it work. Wonderfully.
Kuma-cchi chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Brilliant! xD It was perfect. And fun. And so true.
dominoe 410 chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
I don't get it.
Adi88 chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I remember you reading this to me, but not all of it… actually, looking at what I can see without scrolling down, it’s different now… I feel myself on shaky ground.

Eyeglass foreshadowing for. the. win. And “Shigure struggled with his physics classwork for five minutes straight – a minor victory” because before Mit-chan, there were his teachers.

“Just need a passing grade.”

- Jellyfish. Floating by and all. Very him, in that endearingly annoying way. Want to hit him too, in a milder sort of way… Plus, seeing Ayame coming up, I adore how they both come in, too. So… perfect. Hatori is trying to make people be responsible, Ayame is trying to make them not be while agreeing with Hatori, and Shigure is where everyone meets because that way he can watch.

“Do you like me? Yes/Yes”

- Oh GOD. That he wrote that, and then the agreeing-with-Hatori thing, and that he FOLDED it all up… the little things he does.

And… they are off in their own little world, not much to turning down temptation if you’re never tempted…

Ah! This is the scene I know. I swear you sent this to me or something, because I remember reading it more than hearing it and am confused because I don’t remember getting it, only talking about it. But. Not the point.

“…which he maintained was filet mignon at its most gelatinous extreme…”

- Well. There the own-little-world of the Sohmas, and inside that there’s these three’s, and inside that… there is Ayameland. You can’t not love that.

“Shigure watched this with dark expectation. Soon, a blob of food would slip sideways and splatter over the design.”

- He’s… like. Unhappy. Just a drawing, but he’s creeping me out here.

“No I do not!”

- You DID read it to me. I remember this very well. The lack of punctuation, the one-breath of it. I can so hear that in you!Ayame voice. So perfect.

“You’re just going to spill all over and ruin it. Why do you bother?”

- There. With that odd, unconcerned sort of concern… he just seems spent.

“I am going to be your most fashionable friend when I grow up.”

“Only friend.”

- Little worlds. And now a bubble bursts… But Ayame is so…

“It looks ridiculous.”

“It is ridiculous.”

- …resilient.

“Such is the wave of the future.”

- God, he’s adorable.

“And the soft lilac color is out-and-out gay.”

- Ah, thou slayest.

“ Pessimists, all.”

- I can so hear that adorable declaration. Lovely.

“No wonder everyone near you feels the need to escape from your dour-dark cloud!”

- Slightly less adorable in that it’s almost true, and “only friend”, and…

“This time, Shigure took notice.”

- There is a lesson to be learned here. I am paraphrasing Disney!Frollo and it creeps me out also, but I have a bad feeling regardless. Other people. Small world. This has a very slim chance of ending well.

I believe that this is a good time to announce that I find ponytails unspeakably attractive. And sweaty Ayame with some strands coming out of one is about enough to undo me. Thank you, that will be all.

“Hatori, lurking in the shade of the building and standing ramrod straight and giving the impression of busy at the same time, which was definitely some kind of magic…”

- Magic not unlike your power of description.

“You need to pass.”

- I love the way he says that just on its own. Mostly doing what Aaya asked, but also kind of… you have to pass. On its own merit, you know? Because failure is not cool. Grades. Regulations. Things to abide by.

“Ask the coach if I am a shiftless student.”

“He’ll disagree.”

- I kind of love him.

“You take all the fun and mystery out of the world. You know that, don’t you?”

“No, that’s Hatori.”

“Fair enough. But you also detract from the overall experience considerably.”

- And that… is funny and would be cute, if… well. If I didn’t have that Bad Feeling. But, with Hatori getting by on his rep like that - good times.

“Maybe you’re imagining it?”

Hatori snorted. “Or he’s exaggerating.”

“Or outright lying!”

“That’s worse, Ayame.”

- They are so utterly priceless, I cannot say. Luckily, you can, as exemplified above. Seriously, the dynamic they have, even when it’s ugly… it is beautiful. And right there, it’s mostly adorable.

“Maybe she likes you.”

“Can’t imagine why.”

- I believe that “*giggle snort*” covers my reaction aptly. And still. Mean teasing and Shigure’s serious and I just don’t know.

“If she’s a stalker and this gets me killed, my blood is on your hands, Hatori.”

“I think we all knew that it would eventually come to that.”

- Oh my god that’s hilarious. You are cruelly funny.

“I knew him well. Despite my best efforts.”

- Seriously laughing out loud here. GOD.

And still. Not… affectionate. And “not worth it.” It isn’t shaping up like a relationship of choice.

“He turned on his Mellifluous voice, of which he was exceedingly proud. He’d only gotten the hang of it last month, because his voice was finally done cracking.”

- GOD. I love you in so many ways. DAMNIT. That is frekking perfect.

“… and stepped in closer, because it was fun and absurdly easy to make girls self-conscious.”

- …Bastard.

“It would be impolite and intrusive to say anything.”

“I find that those two go hand in hand, yes.”

- Seriously. He is such a bastard. And that was funny.

“Exceedingly cruelly, yes. That’s just what friends do.”

“No, it’s not. Friends also sometimes say nice things to each other, or converse pleasantly. It’s not always cruel.”

“We tell each other true things. The truth is never pleasant.”

- It is if you like each other! Ah. But I was right about the nasty-truth thing behind the teasing… or actually, not behind the teasing. On top of the teasing. And yet… funny. Damn, you do this well. Almost-harmless, makes you laugh, but then you feel guilty because it’s not harmless, not… gorram. I mean. It’s just how they do things, but…

Haha. “Your piece.” I found it!

“But if you did have a choice. You wouldn’t be friends with them.”

“I like to think I would.”

- And there’s what they have. All they have. Little cramping world.

“It was you she was looking at. She wanted me first, but I intimidated her with my rugged charm. You’re a distant second, though.”

- Oh GOD. You have hijacked my funny bone and it’s not FAIR.

“They all glowered at each other and pretended that they didn’t notice the others glowering back.”

- I would pay so much money to see this.

“We definitely need to be nicer to people. Who’re. You know, not us.”

- And there you have it. Just them.

“There will be. No. Nicknames.”

- And… the entire rest of the conversation…

“That sounds like a pug dog’s name.”

and

“Like what grandmothers say when they’re fed up with something?”

- God, they’re beyond perfect.

“Do you both hear me?”

“Tori!”

“Or Ha’ri!”

“Yes, yes! I’ll make tea-ee, just for Ha’ri-ee!”

“I will end you, Shigure.”

- And all of that, and the whole THING… yes. His response to the fact that maybe he’s Just Stuck and the deepest relationships in his life aside from Akito are a little bit of meaningless and they’re being cruel and all of this… is to instigate more teasing. Because they are them, and wonderful, and… you are you.
littlefiction chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
(giggles) Oh my goodness, "I will end you" has to be the best empty threat in the history of empty threats! The nickname discussion was absolutely delightful, and the more serious insight into cruelty was, well (forgive me, I know it's repetative of me) insightful! All in all, an excellent oneshot!