Reviews for Why He Left Part I
kokomocalifornia chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
Excellent story!
Sarah chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Great story! I hope there will be another new Indy film (5). Something like this is exactly what I'd like to see on screen-not just the adventure, but also the drama. Otherwise, all you get is just cheese.

Love the story and please keep writing. Very good.
imnotacommittee chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
Wow. These two updates were great. The two chapters were just as rewarding and real as the first. They provided a believable explanation as to why Indiana left Marion twice, and what finally made him realize he couldn't do it again a third time.

The movie only hinted at why they broke up a second time, and the novel provided more insight, but your story blended it all together and made me accept that Indiana loved Marion too much to shackle her with what he believed to be a life unworthy of her. I actually felt bad for him. Marion's resolve to continue on with her life with a baby was very much in character. She had survived without him for ten years; she could do it again.

I really loved the last chapter on so many levels. The flashback of Indiana's proposal was endearing and bittersweet. I especially liked him begging her with his eyes. I liked that she had some power for a moment. And the recap of the Ark adventure to Mutt was charming. Mutt's replies were spot on, and I couldn't help but smile at the picture of Indiana telling his son of his adventures. There was again an air of sadness in regards to Indy missing Mutt's childhood, but I like their succinct agreement to have a father/son relationship.

There were a couple of grammatical errors (your/you're, they're/their/there) sprinkled throughout that, while in no way diminished my enjoyment of your story, were still noticeable (at least to me, who seems incapable of not noticing them!). Your characterizations and narrative are so well done; I only suggest a second set of eyes for the technical aspects. And I apologize for the irony of any errors in my review...

Thank you so much for creating and sharing. You truly captured the spirit of the Jones family!
theinspired chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
Good!
MEL chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
Oh my stars that was too cute! I love the build of all four movies to bring them today. I hope you write more very soon.
Citiesofcolor chapter 3 . 6/11/2008
Very very good. I enjoyed it a lot. I think yo would also like Sailing to Byzantium.
jennigirl chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
That may be even sadder than part one. :( Do part three, it needs to end happy (even though we all know it does)! :)
pokey chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Really, really good.
jennigirl chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Wow, that was depressing. Interesting though, looking forward to the next part!
kurisuchie2kimi chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
'Marion could see their futureā€¦ married with a son just as stubborn and as hard-headed as Indy was.'

Oh, that just made me giggle haha xP (-loves Mutt to much for her own good-)

Great fic, can't wait for Part II D It's good to see some well written Indy fics out there! Thank you D
imnotacommittee chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This is a different spin on why Indy left Marion in 1926. It's quite tragic and sad. Abner, Indy, and Marion are all well-fleshed out characters, and their actions are all believable and real. I can't wait to see what spin you put on why he leaves her again.

Thank you for writing and sharing.