Reviews for A World Without Sound
JavaMasta chapter 18 . 8/10/2014
I'm really annoyed with that doctor! How the heck did he expect Edward, who doesn't understand spoken language, to respond to "Did it work?" Grrr...
JavaMasta chapter 15 . 8/10/2014
Great story so far!
A couple of close friends of mine are deaf - you write Edward well.
So, as I used to be an audiologist, I have to ask - if his 8th cranial nerve is intact, why didn't you just go for a cochlear implant?
Musty21 chapter 21 . 8/4/2014
Well, this is it for me. Abandoning one of the most idiotic fics I ever read. These characters are no Edward and Bella.

A little insight:
You can never choose how your child is going to turn out after being born, you just love it the way it is.
Musty21 chapter 20 . 8/4/2014
Honestly? This is absolutely ridiculous. Plain and simple. Maybe the kid will be deaf, so what? Hard life...? Come on.. being fat, being ugly, being disabled, being black, being gay, having dislexia.. It's all hard.

To think about ending a pregnancy only because the child might be deaf... I don't even want to keep reading the fic. This just lost all my respect, really.
Musty21 chapter 19 . 8/4/2014
Whaaaaat?
Musty21 chapter 17 . 8/4/2014
Seriouslly? A kiss?
Musty21 chapter 8 . 8/2/2014
Yeah, trust brothers and sisters to make our lives a living hell... )
EmmaGoldman chapter 20 . 7/23/2014
Hi! I'm re-reading this story or the second or maybe third time and I feel like I need to leave a review on this chapter. First off congratulations on even having the guts to publish it. Edward's thoughts in this chapter are quite controversial and while they are Edward's and not necessarily yours the ff medium gives readers an opportunity both good and bad to react to chapters so it took some real bravery to put your self out there. Second I applaud you on writing a very complex issue in such a real way. I've read the story so I know what happens but re-reading this chapter puts me in a place of sympathizing with both Edward and Bella. Apportion is not a black and white issue there are many shades of gray and I think most women who have had to make that tough decision have done so out of love for their unborn child and wanting to protect it from whatever circumstance they might have. Your Bella does not view Edward a monster but takes the time to look at his point of view and understand it. An amazing feet. So again congrats.
534667lc chapter 22 . 7/18/2014
Loved your story, now favourited! I suggest you mark this story as finished.
whilewewereyetsinners chapter 21 . 7/15/2014
Yay! Oh I'm so glad.
whilewewereyetsinners chapter 20 . 7/15/2014
Yeah this probably is a controversial chapter- I can't imagine some of the reviews you must have gotten after this. O_o So here's mine... IMO, it's too late for them to be having this conversation. This is not a hypothetical child, it is a real child. She's what, more than ten weeks along? Is the baby better off dead than deaf? Really? Do they wish that Edward's parents had killed him after he was born rather than let him live the life of a deaf person? Does he only have value now that his hearing is corrected? Sure, the possibility exists for the baby to be deaf, but I can't imagine better parents for a deaf child than the two of them anyway.

I know they're not thinking straight at the moment, but I hope they get their logic re-engaged before they abort their baby. What a tragedy if his deafness takes more choices away from him than it already has.
whilewewereyetsinners chapter 19 . 7/15/2014
Is he afraid the baby will be deaf? That's the only thing that's making sense to me, though I'm sure if it's something else it will make sense when you explain it. :) Reading on to find out...
Marie chapter 4 . 7/15/2014
I'm caught between loving or hating this story.
I love the plot, but it's badly developed. Two young adults in this situation would be a lot more emotional. You don't describe feelings, you just state facts.
But on the other hand, this would have been boring and dull if you had actually taken the time to explain everything to perfection. I guess I hoped you would have been able to find the in between.
And you change the story during the chapter, i.e, in this chapter Alice was supposed to be gone with Jasper, but when the flashback finishes Alice is in bed with her.
All in all, it's a pretty good fic, but you have to pay more atention when you write. Maybe read a few well-written angst fics, they tend to be dramatic and in explicit description of emotions.
serious twilight chapter 22 . 7/7/2014
Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it and very glad they kept the baby I was upset, crying and angry
CSG chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Hey, I have read this before & its great. It was rec over on FB btw. :)
7,675 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »