Reviews for Blood and Water
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
LOVED IT! Simply amazing. Right from the start, you had sam and Dean nailed- the snarky wit from Dean, and the know it all comebacks from Sam. I don't know how you do it, time and time again, but I believe you quite possibly may know the characters better than they do :) Awesome story!
Katiki chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I smiled through much of this-what a joy to read! I particularly loved the brotherly banter in this one. You really captured the essence of their relationship, how the teasing and gruffness masks a desperate need to look out for each other. That feeling of two emotionally damaged brothers who really only have each other is wonderfully woven in through the story. And it's really nice to read these adventures from a simpler time!
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I have to say, I love the banter between Sam and Dean. It's one of my most favorite parts of the show and you pull it off very, very nicely (not to mention funny). Great story. Loved it!
luvjase chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Another excellent story! I swear, your stories are just like an episode of the show - can't get enough of either! Love your new pic - it clutched at my heart the second I saw it. I'm very nervous about what Kripke has in store for us for next season and very grateful we have you to tide us over the summer. Thanks again for posting!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Hehe. That was awesome! I loved every bit of it! Nice little give and take with the h/c which keeping them both in character, as always. Love the sequelish nature of this story. Any chance of a prequel to marker? That hell hound battle/bite/rabies shots sounds like it would be a promising read :) Thanks for sharing!
Lady Laurelin chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Very enjoyable. Thanks!
tracys dream chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Excellent story!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
good fun adventure! I really enjoyed that it was a new baddie and that they had never heard of it before. Great job as always, I love the way you write both boys. Perfect
saschi chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Yay! Thanks, as always, for posting! It's so nice to wake up two days a week knowing there's an amazing fic waiting for me online :)

I feel redundant every time I review one of your stories, but I have to say it again: I always marvel at the way you capture the boys' characters. You give so much more insight into their relationship than I notice when watching the show, and I never feel that anything you write is uncharacteristic of either of the boys. I hate when I'm reading a fic and I can just FEEL that Sam or Dean would never, ever say or think what is written-and that has NEVER happened to me with any of your fics.

This story in particular: I really enjoy the brotherly give-and-take, the humor, the way you touch on all the worries and emotions without overdoing it-you have the perfect balance between the boys' fear of being too sappy and their fear of losing each other-and the way you show the brothers' love for each other with every little look and gesture. I also really enjoy how they take turns being caregiver in this one-Dean taking such good care of Sam, and then Sam switching roles to steal the keys and make sure Dean's okay. I love the part where Sam snaps at Dean to wake up and give him an honest answer, and also the part where Sam wakes him up to check his eyes. I love Dean's cranky little remarks but how you can tell he really appreciates it. Anyway, I'll stop babbling now and just finish by thanking you very, very much for another superior fic. :)
smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I just remembered that I forgot to review this when I read it! Sorry!

First - yay for a fic at Flathead Lake! :-) I'm from Montana and I get absurdly excited when someone puts the boys in my home state. *big grin* When I read the description, I was like "Ogopogo, that sounds familiar..." and then when I started reading, I went "DUH, Megan!"

Loved hypothermic Sam and beat-up-by-an-otter-tail Dean - lol. It was just a great story all-around! :-D
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
*round of applause*
Jenn1984 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I turned on the computer and immediately came here because I knew you were updating today. I didn't even need to check my email for the author alert :D

Another amazing story, but I honestly hadn't expected anything else. This one truly felt like an episode. A job, a hunt, just like the show (with a little more insight).

One of the things I love about the show is how much you can gather about these brothers just by watching their expressions and actions, their movements. You did an amazing job capturing this without the reader having to actually see it.

And for some lines that made me laugh out loud (seriously laugh out loud):

*"You think you can find the lake from here?" he couldn't resist adding with a grin as his eyes fell on the map.

Dean didn't talk to him the rest of the way.*

*"Oh, yeah?" Dean sounded even more breathless than he did. "Who got themselves thrown in a freezing lake yesterday by a friggin' otter?"

"An otter that eats people," Sam corrected, looking for where the blood was coming from.*

(I had to take a moment after that one, I laughed so hard ;D)

And this line just made me all melty, because it's completely true:

*They headed as one to the trunk...*

I love when they're in sync with each other like that, and I could just picture this perfectly.

I'll spare you the threats of injury and/or death if you don't hurry up and write more because I know I only have a few more days until I'll be enjoying yet another of your wonderful stories!
staceycj chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Okay, first..I'm going to say I loved this story, because my next comment will sound contradictory LOL! Sam is just not high on my hit list most of the time, and this story proved, or at least reminded me why. First season I wanted to throttle that boy every single time he said he wanted to go back to Stanford, every time he missed that hurt look in Dean's eye, like he just didn't care. I agreed in Scarecrow when Dean called him selfish. It has taken three years for me to get to the point where I think that Sam is an okay person. Your story captured that aspect of Sam that I had forgotten. Kinda made me mad at him all over again. I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for Wednesday when your new story will be posted!
shelby02 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Great story. I loved the brotherly banter and the boys looking out for one another. I wish we could have an episode like this next season.
Zaphire chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
YEYEY... I get to be the first reviwer :)...Loved the story...sammy popsicle and dean as a warming blanket was a great combination. You think Dean is ever gonna tell Sam he used his own body heat to warm him up? :P Yeah, dont think dean would want to incriminate himself. lol

BOY WAS I CRACKING UP WHEN I READ THIS LINES