Reviews for Birds Through a Window
Karmic Acumen chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
I love what Archibald sees, and that thing about madmen once being considered prophets. And the correlations between Sam, the Book of Samuel and the story of David and Goliath. I wonder if the screenwriters actually took these things into account, or if it's just coincidence.
CelticViking chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
It would be just too cool if the guy who visited was named Simmons :-D
SyntheticEuph0ria chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Woah.

Not quite sure how to react to this one. I will say that, during the paragraphs where Archibald was 'raving', I'm pretty sure I didn't even blink, I was so sucked into it.

Spectacular work with that. Very nicely done.
Peacewish chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Very clever incorporations! We humans inevitably draw parallels between what we see and cannot understand to the only stories we know, so it was intriguing to see Archibald break the story of the Cybertronians down into Bible analogies. And this is the first time I've seen a fanfic about him, anyway, so that was neat. Very cool work.
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
The references to Sam with the Bible verses are awesome, and clearly well placed in this fic. It's an interesting take on a section of the movie that most writers don't focus on. I really enjoyed the change of pace. Thanks so much, this has been on my favorite list for a while but I never reviewed.
meteor prime chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
I love Archibalds interpretations of the Autobot/decepticon war. Poor sod though being kept in an asylum like that. Its even sadder that he was right. :]

till all are one

Meteor prime
mdnytryder chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Nice to read something about the captain and his visions from the pre-movie comic. I still wonder how he was able to draw all the Cybertronian symbols, maybe one of Meg's powers is mind projection. No, that's more Soundwave, isn't it. Quite a difference in his physical appearance in the movie compared to the comic. I find it funny that comics always give characters killer bodies.
Cedarleaf chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Now here's a thread you don't see everyday. Archibald Witwicky usually doesn't make it into fanfics very often, does he? That in itself intrigued me when I read the first few paragraphs, but I also really like where you went with it. The idea that Archibald not only saw that the Autobots and Decepticons would be coming to Earth, knew the name of his descendant who would become involved in that conflict and how the meaning of that name would fit the events to come. And then the Sector Seven agent suggesting that in ancient times those we now call lunatics were heralded as prophets of God. It's... eerie, spooky, and fascinating.
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Read this at the TF2007fun LJ, loved it.

And so fitting with reference of David versus Goliath in the Book of Samuel. :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Wow! I never considered the symbolism of Greek mythology with Transformers, to say nothing of Samuel and the David defeating Goliath story! That's an amazing idea!

Very well written, and I liked the bit with the Sector 7 agent at the end.

Do you have any thoughts as to how Capt. Witwicky understood the Cybertronian words, etc.? Or was Megatron conscious for a little while when he was frozen, and the Captain was trapped with him as he raved in new-learned English (but how would Megatron learn it without the Internet?) about what he was going to do to Earth?
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Whoa. Interesting little fic, if horribly bleak, since we all know the Captain won't get better.
Come like shadows chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I enjoyed this story alot. It was interesting to see how Archibald could predict the future and seem mad to others while seeming perfectly sane to others. I'm guessing he carried a large deal in the naming of his future grandson.

'Titanomachy'- titan: giant, machy: machines. In the movie the world is not destroyed so perhaps he can see farther even than I imagined.

Very good.