Reviews for The Power He Knows Not
Talonspike chapter 3 . 6/20/2008
This is the first starwars cross over like this I've seen there have been others but none where Lily was a force spirit I hope you update soon
hemotem chapter 3 . 6/19/2008
A good chapter thank you. I like what you are doing with the chars and I do hope that you have plenty of bashing material for Dumbledore hehe. I thank you again for a good read.

Hemotem
Paladeus chapter 2 . 6/19/2008
I forgot in the last review, just in case you WERE taking reviewer thoughts about the matter:

I would personally like to see Hermione HAVE the Force (I've even got three good, or decent, reasons.)

1: Harry would (at first, potentially) have to help Hermione learn to control it. This could be useful for helping to start and/or strengthen/develop any potential romantic interests, if you didn't already have plans in that route.

2: Lily could answer many questions Hermione may have about the wizarding world that are considered so 'basic' that they aren't really written about in books. Also, if Harry wanted to converse with Lily, then Hermione could join in and it wouldn't make potential conversations between them odd.

3: If Harry DOESN'T have to develop Hermione's strength in the Force, then she may see Lily following Harry and it could be a secret that they could share in the beginning to tie them as friends beyond the troll incident (unless you'd prefer such a thing later.)

No more rambling from me *Cheeky grin*

Paladeus
Paladeus chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
For some reason, I was absolutely SURE there were more chapters than three. I get to the end, move to click the 'next' arrow and barely catch myself from yelling out. *Le sigh*

Hidy hidy!

Likes:

I like how you're incorporating the concept of the 'Force' without really bringing in Star Wars into it. I'm not really a big fan of Star Wars, personally, and am very pleased with the compromise I'm seeing so far. Though, taking a light saber to the troll on Halloween would certainly be an interesting scene o.O

I'm an avid H/Hr shipper. I CAN read Harry with Luna also, but Hermione is my favorite character and I hate seeing her with anyone other than Harry, so I'm very pleased to know that this will be H/Hr (And liked it enough to C2 it before reviewing.)

Do you plan to do some moderate Weasley bashing? Ginny can be cool, so long as she isn't trying to snag Harry from Hermione, but I rather dislike Ron, personally. I'll enjoy the story either way, but it would be fun to know, unless you'd rather I wait and see.

Lily's continued presence is different, but nice. She's not alive, so can't really interact or change the world around him, but she's not totally a ghost, so others can't see her, keeping her as an INCREDIBLE spying tool and helping him out (especially about emotions, schoolwork, his temper and keeping him from stupid 'newbie' mistakes like the first year's duel with Malfoy - Oh.. Could you do that scene where he does it in front of hte school and uses only the Force, making people wonder and curious? That would be funny, unless it has to stay secret.)

I enjoy the idea of Dumbledore being manipulative. Yours, so far, isn't even seemingly conscious of it, but is subtle and second-nature. That's a nice form for him so far. I look forward to more interaction, there.

If Harry weren't a child, I would question the ease that the goblins allowed him to live in the vaults area, but considering he's basically trapped, it's not as bad as I first thought when I came across it. It DOES make me wonder how much advanced reading he'll end up with before making it his first year and if he'll have a more Hermione-esque manner than Canon (Hopefully, and it seems he won't, be as stupid as Canon!Harry is.)

Dislikes:

The main dislike I have is that I wasn't paying attention to the number of chapters, so it ended far faster than I expected it to. That sucked.

But a pet peeve of mine is chapter length. I'm usually only happy with 10K words a chapter, but yours isn't bad, especially with some of these people who only write one thousand words a chapter or less *Grumbles* So this isn't so bad in your case. I just always mention it.

Highly looking forward to continuing chapters! (And probably won't give such long reviews, but I had three chapters to make up for in this one)

Paladeus
TxA-GunFighter chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
Outstanding story. Really good stuff.

gunny
TxA-GunFighter chapter 2 . 6/18/2008
Very good chapter.

gunny
Morbious20 chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
Well no suggestions as usual on my part cause it was great chapter as usual I look forward to the next one .
that1 chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
Fun story - I can see this going so many different ways.
DracoMalfoy'sChick chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
Oh this is good. I like how inthuseastic Harry is about finding out hes a wizard and better. Cant wait for the next chapter.
jabarber69 chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
Ah misdirection, the joy of being a marauder!
librarywitch chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
This was really good. Thanks for all the hard work. I am so looking forward to the rest of the story. Great Job!
Fibinaci chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
OMG Remus? The only person in canon who made me more angry for how they failed Harry than Dumbles is Remus. The problem with Remus is there is no way to explain his absence in Harry's life without exposing what a complete waste of fur he is.
katdemon1895 chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
very glad that you've updated, you're an excellent writer

the part with harry sensing the magic of people was interesting adn i love that remus is going to be his guardian and am looking forward to the changes that will come about because of harry's new upbrining

though again, i think that hermione should be force sensitive if only so she can have a big sister/aunt figure in lily- someone who knows what its like to be a muggleborn in a pureblood dominated culture
Shaggy37 chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
Outstanding chapter!
Bookworm.Annie chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
I like this, update soon.
1,242 | « Prev Page 1 .. 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 .. Last Next »