Reviews for Only Human
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 8/14
That was a fantastic ending to a wonderful tale. I have truly enjoyed this from start to finish. I am normally scared away from the angst genre, as I am a HUGE angst wimp. I went into yours as the story was only 60K in words, so I figured the angst would be quicker than if it were 300K. I am so very glad that I did. What a delightful story this was. I really loved your take on this. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 8/14
She made it back to him! He remembered it all from when he was transformed until he saw her again but, not until she made this trip. It must be insane inside his head right now. Having memories that were never there, suddenly come back to him and reform the old memories. That would be so effing weird. I love how she was at the table and she shouted for Edward immediately. He came flying in and wouldn't let her go. Their talk and making love, was so perfect. I like that she has changed her mind and wants to be changed soon, and he is ready as well. That is a wonderful change in how it went in THE books. Oh no, what if she is pregnant from having sex with human Edward? That would put off their changing ideas. And, what would happen to a baby in a household of vampires? It would be human and not hybrid as Renesme was. Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 8/14
I am so glad that Carlisle allowed her to stay until the very last hour or two of his transformation. He knew, as did she, how he would awake ravenous for blood. Hers being the single most powerful to him, would not end well. I was so sad for her to be all alone and not know if she would get back to her own time. That she no longer had human Edward there with her and couldn't get back to her Edward. I do think her crumpling onto the street where she was when she arrived, means something. Her wish to return, even more so.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 8/14
I suppose with the streets so deserted from people being ill or hiding from potentially getting ill, that nobody will notice a man screaming in pain from his change. They will easily ignore it. I hope that Bella tells Carlisle that Edward will wake up from his transformation with the ability to read everyones mind but hers. That would give him a chance to somewhat prepare for it. Will Edward 'see' Bella in Carlisle's mind? Perhaps that is the main reason that he remained untouched and true for all those years until it was her time. That he just would not fathom being with another, until he could get back to his beloved. He just did not know until now, when she went back to his time and all of this happened. So fascinating how you've written this.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 8/14
This one was brutal to read and definitely where the angst portion of the genre appears. I had a feeling that Elizabeth noticed her ring on Bella's finger and even mentioned it in my review of the chapter. She never let on and she never said anything. She knew it was still on her finger, and therefore, Bella had not stolen it. I am so glad that she noticed how much Bella loved him upon their first meeting. That and she also noticed the 'strange doctor', Bella's friend, is the one that can help Edward. This has placed Elizabeth's mind and heart at peace. I don't think it will be long for her now. Poor Bella, if she didn't know how strong she was before these months of being there, she certainly does now. At least I hope she does.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 8/14
Ah, he is having trouble synching his human self with his vampire self. I am glad that, even as horrible as the last ones are, he now has the memories of his parents and their love for him. He was able to feel through those memories the cleanse of crying and be able to remember it. He was able to have the memory of his human self being with Bella for the first time and how euphoric it was for him. I have to think current Edward is right and that she may not come back to him in any state to provide what he wants right away. I think she may come back ill with the flu, which is easily treatable these days. And if not, they can change her. I do think that Carlisle with have the meds ready and waiting, just in case though.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 8/14
Oh, that was interesting, having a dream visit from her real Edward. Letting her know she had this one last thing to do and to be strong for it. It is going to kill her but, she knows he'll be there at the other end waiting for him. I just hope she is not coming back to him with that flu. I do hope she will be able to reach Carlisle.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 8/14
Yikes! I wonder how current Edward is dealing with the past Edward, himself, having sex with Bella? When last we left him, he was happy knowing that Bella was trying to have him have as many human moments as possible, knowing the end was near for him. I hope he is still happy. At least he will have that memory now.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 8/14
Poor Edward, how sad. This is going in the right order for the people passing but, Edward is not inside with his mother, for her to ask Carlisle to save her son. That was the pivotal point in Carlisle's immortal life that he changed the very first person. I have no doubt that he remembers Bella's conversation to him but, if the hospital is not allowing visitors to stay. It may be best if Bella is not in there with them, for the reason she stated. There is a hospital full of very sick and dying people, inside you would only become ill yourself.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 8/14
With Senior passing away at home, and not at the hospital as it was in THE books, will that have any sort of ripple effect? The family had gone to the hospital when Senior fell ill, Elizabeth went ill while there and Edward soon after that. If they are not at the hospital, how will Carlisle be able to change Edward in time?
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 8/13
Ruh-Roh . . . it is starting. I figured Bella would be safe from the flu, because us current folks of the modern age have had so very many strains of it, that it shouldn’t affect her the same. People back then were not around that type of illness and that was why so many died from it. Or, she will suffer from the flu and pop back to her Edward in time for him to change her. Eek! Her ring sounded so pretty. I wonder what happened to it? We now know that Edward stayed in Chicago because of abella being there. It would stand to reason that the ring would’ve been left behind. Oh wait, maybe it was truly left behind, when Carlisle grabbed Elizabeth’s jewels for Edward, he wouldn’t think to look for anything of Bella's. Wait, now I am confusing myself, as he’s already met Bella back then and. Owns of what is going on, so he would’ve grabbed her things.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 8/13
I don’t hope past Edward is right, that his parents will believe Edward and Bella when they are confronted with whatever he spews out of his wretched mouth to them. She certainly wasn’t very clear to past Edward of exactly what was said. Future Edward won’t know, because of that.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 8/13
Ah-ha! It finally clicked in my brain, when it clicked in future Edward's. I had just mentioned that in my last review. How was he in Chicago in September, when he should’ve been in school. Thank you for that.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 8/13
What flew through Bella’s mind in this chaoter, has been flying through mine throughout the story. I know you will get her back to her Edward but, how and when? I’m thinking on her birthday coming up. Well, hoping on her birthday. I was surprised that Junior was able to convince Senior. Shocked actually. At least he'll be in Chicago when the flu hits. Although, I am confused as to if she hadn’t come, would he have been back at school? Was he there and came home, when the flu hit the vampire Edward?
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 8/13
That was a great chapter. Their time together was so sweet. Falling in love all over again for Bella. A different love, as she known and hopes, that she'll get back to her Edward. Edward definitely falling for Bella. Those decisions he’s made about dropping out of school, will not go over with his father well at all. I hope that her being there doesn’t make a rift with his parents that he carries with him for eternity. I have no doubt that they will all still get sick, not Bella, she been immunized. However, if Senior and Junior are fighting when they get sick, will Junior be able to make amends before Senior passes? Yikes! They are getting closer and closer to having sex and I am not sure they’ll wait for marriage. Eek!
6,027 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »