Reviews for Forest for the Trees
Janitor chapter 4 . 3/15
Because it was requested...there's no in depth opinion here, given the story is very basic and by the numbers. The only standing critique I'd give is just how hilariously, massivbely OOC Shirou is—not for his eternal pining after Saber, but because the guy isn't actually doing the things he's proven to have done a year after the war calms; roving the world, getting into conflicts and making more enemies than friends. That Shirou certainly wouldn't be one to find time to settle down with a cougar.

But then, that's not a heavy critique because the story itself was pretty sweet. So eh, mission accomplished. Good one.
Illusions Of Spades chapter 4 . 8/22/2020
Oh wow. Just came here from one of your other works. A shame that I’m not familiar with the plot of Love Hina and Inuyasha at all. Otherwise I would absolutely try out all your other works. The vibe I got from this was peaceful and mundane. Though the Omake was so ridiculous it made me laugh.

Thanks for writing, I really enjoyed it!
TheQuestionedOne chapter 1 . 4/28/2019
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lives in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that the best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. and she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that read this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on the site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake, apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow...
Gladiara Alata chapter 4 . 12/13/2018
A nice, refreshing wrap up to FSN. The pairing certainly suprised me, but it's enjoyable nevertheless.
snow in the darkness chapter 4 . 8/15/2018
i've read this story about 4 times and i still loved it.I hate Emiya Shirou and in the same time i admire him like seeing a crazy reckless friend that always dangering himself,and you can't ignore him because how much you cared about him.I've read so many stories fanfic about Shirou and how tragic live he lived as a hero and i just can't help hoping that shirou can have a normal happy live,and you just grant me that wish you
Tree45 chapter 4 . 7/16/2018
I really enjoyed this story. I would even say it was top teir... or would have been if shirou was a normal traumatized human. It might be my lack of understanding but, atleast with the level of distortion he possess I doubt he'd give up on saber so easily. I could see him giving up given enough time but this quickly? I was super interested to see how a normal person would react to his distortion and its too bad you didn't address it. Another thing, Shirou probably wouldn't want to date anyone without connections to the that moonlit world, or in general because of how likely his ideals would get both of them killed. Either way, good job.
MiniTeddyBear chapter 4 . 4/5/2018
Sweet story! Loved it!
hentaiftw66 chapter 4 . 3/1/2018
I personally think it would be interesting to see how she would react to shirou's magic or him telling her about the holy grail war and the things he went through and did during the war but i really enjoyed this story and found it to be a breath of fresh air seeing as not many people write supernaturally powered protagonists/characters with people that are for all intents and purposes normal
James chapter 4 . 2/14/2018
So sweet. I loved it. I really want more of stories like this, thanks for writing.
DemonRaily chapter 4 . 12/10/2017
Long long ago I found this story and fell in love with it, even now almost a decade later, after re-reading it every few years I still love it.
You might have stopped writing, you might even be a completely different person from who you where then, but the emotions you created back then are still alive within me to this day.

So if you are still alive somewhere in this world, then for the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2017
What's your deal with ellipses? They give your prose such an awful, dull taste. This has got to be the most toneless, lifeless piece of literature I've ever read. Actually, scratch that - this isn't literature, it's the internal monologue of a brain-dead coma patient.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/9/2017
This was...surprisingly enjoyable. The only thing that bothered me is that there was never any mention of his scars. You'd thing she might, at least, be a little curious about an injury that appears to have pieced his heart front to back. That's really my only point of contention. Despite that, this was a fun read.
creativesm75 chapter 4 . 3/16/2017
uh... i LIKE it but I am going to ignore most of chapter 4 as my mind... dislikes some parts of it.
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 6/4/2016
for all his overt heroism, shirou's got a knack for the subtler power of kindness
Guest I Guess chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
I just read your 'Dessert' fic. Didn't realize you had a Shirou x Taiga fic when I reviewed this one.