Reviews for Forest for the Trees
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 4 . 7/2
i actually rather enjoyed this... a nice little story
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 3 . 7/2
well, seems Rin's interest in Shirou just sky rocketed

loved the Omake
Vhbc chapter 4 . 9/13/2014
You lucky bastard...
BloodTrinity chapter 3 . 3/9/2014
"I can't believe I didn't know… my family sent them a card and flowers when Hotaru was born…"
Uhhh, Rin's family sent them a card when Hotaru was born... Hotaru is about a year old, 5th grail war ended a year ago so around the time Hotaru was born? I don't think Rin has any family members left that could have sent the card and flowers unless its Tohsaka herself O.o
antitsundereblackjackofnerdifa chapter 4 . 2/7/2014
Personally, unlike the others it was a meh story...Since its missing some parts like the fact that Shirou was/IS a magi(Like what others mentioned) and the ending was WAY too rushed..So I have to say...Not bad.
TheMysticalFett chapter 4 . 7/13/2013
Sweet, realistic and well written. Great job.
Lazurman chapter 4 . 7/8/2013
And it was all possible because he helped carry her groceries. Men, if you see a woman struggling with something, anything, do your part and help. Marvelous work here; while still good, I can definitely see the improvement in your writing style for He Who Fights Monsters.

Fav'd.
xBud chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Ah, beautiful.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/8/2013
Too bad the story won't be developed any further, it provides a surprising insight on how far a fanfiction can evolve. Try make other stories similar to this but a more complete version including the revealing of certain secrets and such.
Tikigod784 chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Hmm, a good story and a unique take on Shirou's life after the grail war. Though I find Shirou to be a little OOC in this story, I do like it.

Sadly, I don't think the life of a magi would allow Shirou for this kind of quiet ending. Still, Nice work!
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
That omake had me lawling. Good work!
SilverIceRing chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
I remember, a long time ago, having read this. Back then I thought it was a wonderfully done story and incredibly original, and my feelings haven't changed. Though it felt quite sudden how their relationship took off in a single night, it still feels quite sweet. I wouldn't change a thing.
Rake1810 chapter 4 . 7/27/2012
In my opinion, this is one of the best romances i've read on this site regardless of the category. And to make it even more impressive, the partner was an OC who was fleshed out, was interesting and didn't detract from your story and the original story. Damn impressive.
X-elemental chapter 4 . 7/11/2012
It is well-written script, but a bit too obvious :p And predictable. The lack of drama, however, is a nice change of air.

The epilogue - last half of chapter 4 - was so boring..well, no, dictionary is boring but informative, predictable is more correct here..that I could skim it. The most unexpected part of ch4 was no "I see him more as a friend/son/etc though"

One thing that did strike out to me through this fic was the lack of saving people in this fic. Other than Harumi. No, what has Emiya been doing in the year past? He's smart enough to understand that he must seek out places where innocents are hurt and preferably, in need of his unique abilities, so...At the very least, the winner of Holy Grail War should have gained the notice of Magus Association - and he may very well try to grasp the opportunities therein(though he's way too naive at this time to not get in relationship because of that. Because of saber, yes, because of that, well...no).

Also, this fic - painfully - reminds me that my christmas is approaching - again, though I've felt that way for... a long time. Most media doesn't grasp it though, and even here it isn't very sharply present, the dichotomy of seeing everyone under 20 as kid and 25 as unsellable christmas cake...But it IS present, and for that, gratz.

However, leaving this alone for a moment - as you're getting probably a lot of focus over that - it is still serene prose, a love story without drama or obstacles being minded, although that doesn't mean there's no tension. Hey, I did read four chapters of it, right? While ch1 was the only one I couldn't be absolutely sure the plot wasn't heading in that direction...
hentai18ancilla chapter 4 . 7/10/2012
This was wonderful! I really enjoyed your Harumi character and would have enjoyed reading a long drawn out romance. Shirou is just sooo sweet-though I don't think he's average looking.