Reviews for Childhood
Evelyn chapter 17 . 12/1/2015
My first reaction upon finishing the fic was a long silence, staring at the last paragraph with a giant grin on my face.

Then scaring my cat by yelling "...AND IT FITS IN CANON!"
The internal screaming has externalized. Oops.

But I am dead serious. This is one of the, mark it, TWO ANBU-related fics I have found on the internet in the last few years that actually seems to have all of the canon characters 100% pegged! I mean, you even managed to wrangle Gai into ANBU and have it seem like "Oh, yeah, I guess that did happen like that, didn't it?" I didn't even blink. You made it, and all of the other little character details (Genma and Raidou as developed characters and not just cardboard backup faces? Anko's team is freaky and whacked and PERFECT? Reasonable-but-politically-strapped Sarutobi?) so completely seamless with the canon universe that I found myself just grinning like a mad person through most of it.

Well, when I wasn't making sympathetic noises over all of the socially stunted trauma-babies.

Taivasalla, you win all the awards.
cntcenut5 chapter 16 . 10/22/2015
I like how you built the conflict. It's rare i found the fic that make me excited. You pointing the emotional effect of ANBU life so real. But you description/rationalization of Naruto and member of Squad 14 need more explicit. Your explanation about Raidou's attachment to Naruto less than satisfactory.
The ending is ummmm (i dont know how to put the exact phrase). You developt good path for the confict but you give this for the ending. It feel like eating the dessert that not remove the greasyness.
Really thank you for completed this fic.
jj chapter 17 . 8/10/2015
i really wanted to know about the meeting in the hokagaes office but other than that it was pretty tense nice job
WiseSilver chapter 17 . 6/10/2015
I love the relation ships between Raido and Naruto. But I hated Kohona. The Kohona you painted was one not worth fighting for and it made me sad that such great characters were throwing their lives and happiness away for a village that treated them like they meant nothing. This Kohona deserved to burn. And they both deserve a better home.
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
'if Naruto had to grow up soaked in blood, it was better that it not be his own'
I like that sentence: it hits it home, how bad it was. You don't tend to think of manga/anime backstories as serious; they're just sob stories... but I don't know... You've done a good job getting the message across.
Anbu frost chapter 1 . 4/15/2015
Nicely written.
WhistlesOfTin chapter 17 . 3/28/2015
This story is so good! THank you!
WhistlesOfTin chapter 5 . 3/28/2015
The style's great! I love it!
TheEleventhMuse chapter 17 . 3/13/2015
Why hadn't I found this doc earlier? Easily one of the best written Naruto fix that I've seen in a while. I love your portrayal of the bonds between the characters plus the pacing of the plot. I am not sure if you will see this review, seeing how long it had been since you've been on this site. But I just want to say that, if, if you got the chance, please post more fics of this type, Id love to read more. All the best to you!
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 17 . 4/29/2014
Heart hurts.
EmptySurface chapter 17 . 4/5/2014
This story was great; definitely a worthwhile read! I loved Raidou's relationship with Naruto and Naruto's interaction with his squad and ANBU at large. Then there's the fact that you've kept things realistic and adding the dark side of the shinobi profession that most people forget about when writing Naruto fics... You've even added a few bloody and gory hints to certain people's past, which have just given your story further credibility.

I love it. :)
EmptySurface chapter 12 . 4/5/2014
Oh, no... Raidou!

On another note; I love how realistic and dark you've written this! It's thrilling and compelling and just urges me to read on; hence why this is my first review... sorry 'bout that. Little Naruto is so cute, and I love the way he's become part of ANBU. I hope he'll be able to go back there!

Please be merciful to Raidou!
jlim1031 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Great storytelling. Would love to read more from this AU.
duchessme chapter 17 . 8/6/2013
that was the end?nice by the way
blackmoon124 chapter 12 . 2/22/2013
wth is with fugaku in this story?