Reviews for Childhood
WiseSilver chapter 17 . 6/10
I love the relation ships between Raido and Naruto. But I hated Kohona. The Kohona you painted was one not worth fighting for and it made me sad that such great characters were throwing their lives and happiness away for a village that treated them like they meant nothing. This Kohona deserved to burn. And they both deserve a better home.
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 5/24
'if Naruto had to grow up soaked in blood, it was better that it not be his own'
I like that sentence: it hits it home, how bad it was. You don't tend to think of manga/anime backstories as serious; they're just sob stories... but I don't know... You've done a good job getting the message across.
Anbu frost chapter 1 . 4/15
Nicely written.
WhistlesOfTin chapter 17 . 3/28
This story is so good! THank you!
WhistlesOfTin chapter 5 . 3/28
The style's great! I love it!
TheEleventhMuse chapter 17 . 3/13
Why hadn't I found this doc earlier? Easily one of the best written Naruto fix that I've seen in a while. I love your portrayal of the bonds between the characters plus the pacing of the plot. I am not sure if you will see this review, seeing how long it had been since you've been on this site. But I just want to say that, if, if you got the chance, please post more fics of this type, Id love to read more. All the best to you!
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 17 . 4/29/2014
Heart hurts.
EmptySurface chapter 17 . 4/5/2014
This story was great; definitely a worthwhile read! I loved Raidou's relationship with Naruto and Naruto's interaction with his squad and ANBU at large. Then there's the fact that you've kept things realistic and adding the dark side of the shinobi profession that most people forget about when writing Naruto fics... You've even added a few bloody and gory hints to certain people's past, which have just given your story further credibility.

I love it. :)
EmptySurface chapter 12 . 4/5/2014
Oh, no... Raidou!

On another note; I love how realistic and dark you've written this! It's thrilling and compelling and just urges me to read on; hence why this is my first review... sorry 'bout that. Little Naruto is so cute, and I love the way he's become part of ANBU. I hope he'll be able to go back there!

Please be merciful to Raidou!
jlim1031 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Great storytelling. Would love to read more from this AU.
duchessme chapter 17 . 8/6/2013
that was the end?nice by the way
blackmoon124 chapter 12 . 2/22/2013
wth is with fugaku in this story?
Konoha's new Princess chapter 10 . 12/26/2012
This is Great!
Byakusharinnegan chapter 16 . 11/24/2012
You are certainly a very good writer, since I read through everything without even noticing the review box...
Rexnos chapter 16 . 11/4/2012
Not my typical cup of tea as far as fan fiction goes, but a pleasurable deviation. It struck me as a sort of slice-of-life, action hybrid and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. It was very interesting to see the ANBU as something more than those random ninja who die all over the place during the series. They're also regular people with friends and lives and hopes and dreams. You struck a good mood between depressingly dark and hopelessly naive.

I really can't say enough about the relationship between Raido and Naruto. It was great seeing someone care for a young Naruto, regardless of how unaffected he seemed in canon. There's just something heartwarming about a typically broken character (or a character who should have been broken if there was a degree of realism in the series) finding someone who cares about them. It was even nicer to see the effect of Naruto's childhood innocence on the hard-boiled ANBU agents. It granted them a certain humanity that you wouldn't expect from ninja.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. Your story was very well written and significantly different from most of the Naruto stories in circulation.

Later,