Reviews for What I Live For
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
This is simply amazing! I loved how you defined each class of person by what they live for. But I definitely agree with Aragorn (or whoever the narrator is). I can't think of any other way for Aragorn/the rangers other than living for freedom because it truly defines who they are.
Kalisona chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
*shakesd head* Shame on me! I've been remiss in reviewing your wonderful stories, mellon nin!

This is a beautifully haunting tale. I can imagine any ranger saying this...It fits perfectly.

/I live for hope, and in hope./

Wow. Just wow. The language you use in this ficlet is extremely powerful. _ You've outdone yourself, Cal!

Kali
Roses of Sharon chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh, yes, much rambling - but you stand my rambling, so I suppose I must congratulate you on yours.

Anyways, I like rambling.

You cover more distance that way.

And I really liked this, yeah?

Oh, typo: There is one particular question that everyone has asked at least once in (there) lifetime—
Irritable Insanity chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
WOW!

Terrific stuff, this. For some reason, it just rings true, not only through Tolkien's work but real life as well. The Rangers and Aragorns of the modern world live for the same thing, and often for as little thanks as the Rangers of Arda.

I also liked your idea about the Dunedain pondering deeper things. It can be a good thing, but I can also imagine that Sauron may have used that same pensive, philosophical nature to lure many of the Dunedain astray. (I.e., long life, but you still die, why can't they have immortality) That's not a warning against thinking of course, but I just thought it was an angle that for me made that part of the story quite good.

In the end, Aragorn chose one of the noblest things to live for. Good on him, I say! He of the many names is one of my favorite LOTR characters (he, Gandalf, and Gimli, for whatever reason)
Aimme chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Awesome, Cal! I love it! It is so very true, and I think quite what Aragorn would tell us if he were here to - wait... He is there, isn't he? Cal! You didn't leave the ranger where he belongs in Middle-Earth? You had to drag him back here and have him write it with you, didn't you? :P

I know! You did it when he was here in MEMA! Ahah! :p ;) jk!

Anyway... I really loved it! And I am so thrilled to see that excerpt from "Interview with God". I saw that a while ago, and it is so very awesome!

-Aimme
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
A nice look into the mind of a Ranger
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I liked this a lot. It reminds me of a poem by G.L. Banks:

I live for those who love me

For those who know me true

For the heaven that smiles above me

And awaits my spirit too

For the cause that lacks assistance

For the wrong that needs resistance

For the future in the distance

And the good that I can do.

That certainly sounds like the Ranger's philosophy. I think you did a good job with this story. Hope your headache gets better!
Midnight Promise chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Hey,

Ugh, headaches are the worst. *sends over Advil and sweets* Feel better! :3

I really like this piece, especially when its depicting the Ranger life; loved it! ;)

It was well done and I can't wait to read more from you soon! :)

Hope everything is going great!

Take care,