Reviews for Orphans and Family
nicoleb chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Good God, this was sad and awesome! It almost broke my heart. You're a really good writer, and I think you captured Gala and Songi's relationship and personality perfectly!
Barako chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Oh man, I really liked this! I like your characterization of Gala a lot, and the way you told about Songi wanting to do things his own way and coming up with new styles and techniques is something I haven't seen before (then again, there are very few fanfics where Songi is even in them, but still). I think it's funny how our Galas both draw parallels between Vahn and Songi, as well.

I liked this a lot, it was a very good one-shot. There are so few stories in this fandom that focus on the main characters but are not chaptered, and I really enjoyed it. I would very much enjoy reading more of your work.
Mrs. Abject chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Ooh, I don't believe I've ever seen a story that used the 'Vahn goes with Gala' ending before, and you did quite a good job with this. Vahn's attempts to meditate give him pretty good character development, but also don't impose too much of an OOC personality on him. I also really like the way you've written Gala's relationship with Songi. I like Gala and it was nice the way you've written him as the one who tried to maintain the friendship. I've always wondered what really happened, whether it was "Songi is too jealous of Gala to be his friend, even when Gala really tries" or "Gala is pushed too hard by Songi and morally disapproves of him, even though Songi still wants to be friends", and you did a really good job making it be the first one. (even though I'm picturing that Songi's side of it would be something like, "If you really were my friend, you would have let me win all those times.")

The only criticism I can really think of is that referring to characters by their hair color is kind of a pet peeve of mine. If Gala and Songi didn't know each other very well, Gala might think of Songi as "the redhead". Or if Gala thought Songi's red hair was attractive, ha ha. But since these are characters who know each other very well, Gala probably would not still be thinking of Vahn and Songi by their hair. It's okay to just write "Vahn" if you think that's what Gala would be thinking. (I did really like the part where Gala was talking about imitating Songi's style, and of course it's perfectly fine to discuss hair then.) And again, that's just something that irritates me personally, it's not a universal thing. Anyway, great to see someone new writing for Legaia, and with such an awesometastic debut fic. Keep it up!