Reviews for Witness
HalianFromPlanetZork chapter 7 . 6/27/2009
AH such Angst! No one should be put through it, especially poor Vincy, nothing bad should happen to the sunshine kid. It's lucky he had lovable Howard to care for him. Considering this is a Boosh fanfiction it was very serious, but the happy ending completed it so I'm now cheerful again. Random YAY of joyness!
Stacey190191 chapter 7 . 2/17/2009
Aww, that was so incredibly cute and yay for the happy ending.

Loved it all

xxoxx
glittered-vanilla chapter 7 . 12/10/2008
that was brilliant!

i read this all throughout with glee, shock, tension..all the emotions needed for a fanfiction.

the first paragraph really captivated me. the tension, the hurry, the rush of it all..i couldn't stop reading.

my eyes are a bit damp from this, haha. seeing vince so fragile frightened me a bit, but i was at ease from howard's comfort. the ending was so touching, how their behaviour changed and then at the end they act just as before, friendly and happy, but with that extra pinch of love in it.

loveloveloveit.

xo
swisstony chapter 7 . 8/2/2008
Sweet: D

Glad it ended happily in the end: )

Great fic, ur a great writer: )
swisstony chapter 4 . 8/2/2008
Action, suspense and scary stuff that had everything...

I hope they get out okay, and Vince doesn't burn 2 death that would be well horrible...

This is such a great fic by the way, totally got sucked in: D
swisstony chapter 3 . 8/2/2008
Oh no a shadow: (
swisstony chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
'I saw you' ah well creepy: (

Greatness though...lol...: D
swisstony chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Ahh well scary: (
Beechwood0708 chapter 7 . 7/29/2008
Ee flufftacular!

That was just adorable adorable adorable! Adorable enough to deserve multiple uses of the word and some exclamation marks.

It was just plain full of sweetness. Their closeness in the night was so comforting and beautiful, and all the kissing was wonderfully described. The pushing down the urge to moan had a real sexiness, but the gentleness and tenderness was so utterly sweet. It's like the perfect kiss between friends who just happen to be lovers, and the perfect way to make up for all the suffering they've been through earlier in the story. And "You're my hero"- the original cliche line, but in this context it just seems right, and it made me smile a lot.

The last part is the epitome of cute. It's just them, with the playfulness and the teasing dialogue and Howard's stubborn pride- the exact same relationship and dynamic, but with this new love behind it. It's gorgeous. The perfect ending.

(Also, I think the line “Wicked boy” may have made me smile a leetle more than it should...)

This has been a fantastic story, huni. I just wish I wasn't a month late reading it.

Beechwood0708 chapter 6 . 7/29/2008
And this was adorable too. The image of Vince asleep cuddled up to Howard will never fail to make me squee inside, and the way you made the tone so soft and slow really adds to the tenderness and affection. Those little touches of humour, with the whole “I'm sorry. I'm what?” exchange, and Vince comparing himself to a science experiment, just gave it that little extra lightness, which makes the whole thing come as a real relief after the heavy fear of the earlier chapters.

The exchange in the second part, where both of them feel they've failed the other, was so sweetly heartbreaking (I'm using this word far too much, aren't I?). The emotion is so charged, and Howard's long monologue was so full of that almost frantic passion. That and the broken dialogue get across that emotional strain brilliantly. It's so powerful, and just the sort of thing that only gorgeous fluff and huggling can dissipate.

Beechwood0708 chapter 5 . 7/29/2008
That was so wonderful.

The beginning throws you straight into the danger, so the sense of emergency and action has a real immediacy. The steady and controlled way you describe Howard's thoughts, decisions and feelings, especially his pain as he tries to burn the rope off, gets across his hard-headed determination and will to save Vince amazingly well. That calmness and clear-headedness despite what's going on around him is so clear, and it makes me admire him a fair bit. And the way that changes into a more panicked and desperate mentality as the pace becomes more quick and erratic, and the passivity at the end as he's dragged away, is all wonderful. The way he's so helpless contrasts so well with the way he wants so badly to do everything he can- the sense of futility is heartbreaking.

Everything in the hospital is so sweet as well. Howard's post-shock emotions are beautifully written. Especially the bit when he hears how Vince died- they way you related it to us with Howard's thoughts instead of through dialogue emphasises the sort of emotional numbness Howard would be feeling, and how it wouldn't really register the first time he heard it. The conversation between Vince and Howard was all so lovely. The dialogue just seemed to get across their tiredness after the extreme shock so well, and there's so much love in their actions. And Vince worrying that Howard might have died, and how it affects Howard, was again so heartwrenchingly beautiful.

Beechwood0708 chapter 4 . 7/29/2008
This was again fantastic. The mad police officer was really disturbing- the way he doesn't seem to be taking anything seriously and plays with them the way he does makes his madness so apparent, and it really is chilling. That sing-song delivery fits with all his dialogue too, which adds to that really well. That slight hint of sexual threat when he mentions how smooth Vince's skin is adds even more to it. It's just pure, plain creepy.

Howard's reaction seems so very him too- I think despite his boundary-eating bragging he does seem to have faith in any authority intended to protect him, so his shock at the killer being a police officer is doubly appropriate. And for some reason the phrase "man of the law" is so Howardish.

The end was brilliantly described. The pace of the action is very frantic, but there's a slight slowing on his thoughts, which gives them more impact as he knows what he's struggling for. His thoughts on being a failure, and his hope that Vince can be saved even if he isn't are heartwrenching. And the images of the melting floor and burning curtains are very vivid, which adds to the sense of urgency and fear brilliantly.

Shall read the rest after driving lesson.

Beechwood0708 chapter 3 . 7/29/2008
Y'know what? I think I love you.

It's amazing yet again. The slowness of the pace was so drawn out, it mirrored the purgatory of how Howard and Vince are living. It's got that sense of muted danger, the way that nothing's really happening, yet the tense atmosphere and the sense of background danger are still undeniably there.

There's a lovely air of calm at the beginning, which is so uplifting. That temporary safety that Vince feels comes through really beautifully, and the way he seems more like himself in the way he tries to cope alone for a while and apologises for being clingy is very reassuring. The whole first section has a wonderful air of things getting better. It's absolutely lovely.

The change in the second half was so sudden, you could really feel Howard's frustration about the detrimental effect it's having on Vince. It really feels like a huge leap backwards. The battle between Howard's knowledge that they'll be safer elsewhere and his reluctance to do anything that would upset Vince is heartbreaking, and that guilt he feels even though he knows he's made the right decision is so touching. The way he protects Vince is so beautiful and precious, and Vince's vulnerability and dependance is so touchingly tragic too. The dynamic between them is, as always, wonderful.

And you and your evil cliffies. I want to know what happens, but I'm also huungry. Agh, I'll be back soon.

Beechwood0708 chapter 2 . 7/29/2008
Omagoshomagoshomagosh!

I'm gonna try and make this quick (ha, fat chance of that) cuz I am so excited already to read the next chapter.

The atmosphere was wonderful again. There was a sense of dissipation as it went on, but which only seemed to dull and never leave, if you know what I mean, so it mirrored perfectly the fact that Vince is calming down but still petrified. The change in the dynamic, with less urgency but still the same need for constant care and reassurance, was written really well, and the way Howard has calmed, and the way his urgent reassurance changes to constant, conscious protectiveness seems very real (not that I have any experience of this kind of situation, but still) and is very sweet too.

His thoughts on the person being murdered and their family, and how he'd feel if it was Vince was absolutely beautiful. The way the thoughts flowed together made it seem very personal to him and very real, which emphasised the emotions wonderfully. It makes his worry seem so close and so so strong. The constant reflection on Vince still being there gave it a really strong sense of that sort of worried relief that you can naver quite get rid of. And the crying and protective hugging at the end of that paragraph is so raw and physical, and the contrast between the reflectiveness and internalness of the earlier part made it seem so desperately loving.

And the end is just an evil cliffhanger. Which always serves to make people love you. I'm just glad I've got the whole thing here really :-D

Beechwood0708 chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I know I say this a lot, but I'm sorry sorry SORRY I've only just got to this. The first chapter is absolutely amazing (you can probably expect a review for every one, I just can't help myself).

The atmosphere is perfect- the tension just oozes out of it and the pace has a huge sense of panic. That sharp, hair-on-end fear never lets up for a second. Stunning.

The opening is just fantastic (argh, I'm running out of synonyms). It throws us straight in, and the pace matches his panic and desperation perfectly, and the detail in the description of Vince's pain and effort and the skimming over of anything else gets across that terrified state of mind where your own safety is your only concern marvellously. The way you cram so much into that one paragraph brings out the rush of panic really well too.

The dialogue and the interaction is all beautiful as well. Vince's distress is completely realistic, and his broken dialogue and terrified, needy reactions are brilliantly written. There's a lovely slowness about Howard's dialogue too, which contrasts wonderfully with the panic in Vince's, and that emphasises his care and reassurance so much.

I love this already. Ee, off to read more.